Tin Indian II Who was it?

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Tin Indian II Who was it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Don’t think this came out of Knafel Pontiac….But its Dover in 1964. Anybody identify it? ram A/MP…Can’t read the ” jhfhjvj repairs” on the door. This was the era that Dover saw the Start of all out Super Stock, A/FX and the likes of Phil Bonner, Malcom Durhams first Chevelle (Strip Blazer II),Ronnie Sox and his Comet …plus locals Billy Lagana’s Comet and Wild Bill Flynns SS/S

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Had to include this …Bill Vs Bill …Flynn/Lagana -County Dodge /Oak Hill Chevrolet…( From the Hibbert Collection -ODF Premium Photo Galleries)….But who Ran The Pontiac?

Attachments:

miagiman

Nunzi Romano (out of Brooklyn) had a Black 64 post GTO, running a 421 bottom end, It might be his since his he told me he ran Dover a few times??? He still owns most of his cars, 62″ Immortal Indian” + many others. Said he sold the 64 long ago.

dover1320

Knafel pontiac was the one that started the Tin Indian theme. Today i spoke to Merle Green current owner of the Tin Indian v he has since joined the ODF. The car won 27 NHRA and NASCAR national and regional championships C/stock and B/stock he may bring it to The Dover 50th too. More later Brian M.

ram-air-vii

Hello all i am new to the dover site and i am amazed at the photos on this web site the car in this photo is my dads 64 gto the tin indian 2 (Nunzi Romano) the side lettering on the car was nuboro auto and then was later changed to Nunzi’s auto dad is retired now but still very active in the pontiac world. I can not wait to show him this picture tonight if any one has any more photos of this car please please email me i will pay to have copies made as my dad only has 1 or 2 pics. My dad would be interested in the events you guys run please let me know when and where or a list of events. Thank you very much.

dino
                        Keymaster

Hey Ram Air…WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!You’ll like this:

MOTORCYCLE RACER DIES AT LORING AIR BASE MAINE

Use Search…it’s all here someplace.(I put In ‘Nunzi’) …ODF Galleries up to 4200+ photos …maybe more of the “Indian”…don’t know
                            Also for the heck of it ,did a Quick Google search and found this!:

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2009/11/01/hmn_opinion2.html

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Had This Too ( top Shot from Jalopy journal .com Forum-‘HAMB’…Topic: NHRA JUNIOR STOCK-page 101.post 2002-Bob Rice)

Attachments:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.