TRACK PROPERTY S O L D !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION TRACK PROPERTY S O L D !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

BULLITEN Just Talked to THE real Estate agent,Brian McGrath, that listed it…IT SOLD last month to OLIVET University… they also own the old Harlem Valley State Hospital…he said expect 2500 students & 700 teachers…the Old town will greatly benefit from New jobs and Economy impact ! ….you heard it here first .
        I goggled the address and found this with “pending” so I called him up. HE SAID since I posted that photo of the for sale sign .. he had a bunch of new inquiries, including Skip Barber driving school.
        http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3483-Pleasant-Ridge-Rd-Wingdale-NY-12594/2131572843_zpid/

babycakes
        Participant

SAD News…”GOLDEN MEMORIES” for us all!!! 😥 😥 😥 Pete.

vbob
            Participant

HEY
                Wait till they find out its all contaminated and not fit for human living and the only usefull use of the land would be for a drag strip!!!!!

‘V’

dino
                Keymaster

actually…taken out 20 ft of ‘gravel’ …they might not find anything…I assume they ‘tested’ the ground.

babycakes
                    Participant

Dino….anyway can you contact the ‘new’ owners,to see if perhaps Brian can take down of what remains (about 4 feet), of the ‘finish’ line pole,that still there, as some ‘Dover’ memorbilia, to add to his collection? It’s still located on the left side of the hill. A chain saw would quickly remove it I’m sure,and not that hard for access ,close to the green steel building. It would be ‘COOL’ to have it!!! 😉 Pete.

super-sport-pete

Hi guys. Hey I took a ride to the track just before Christmas. The front gate was chained and fenced in across the entrance with ” GESTAPO” like warning signs. No for sale signs anywhere. I guess if the property is under contract, that was the last time we will see it as close to the old days as we knew it.

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote Babycakes:

Dino….anyway can you contact the ‘new’ owners,to see if perhaps Brian can take down of what remains (about 4 feet), of the ‘finish’ line pole,that still there, as some ‘Dover’ memorbilia, to add to his collection? It’s still located on the left side of the hill. A chain saw would quickly remove it I’m sure,and not that hard for access ,close to the green steel building. It would be ‘COOL’ to have it!!! 😉 Pete.

….We will be contacting our In town “henchman” for this….SHHHHhhh…Don’t say a word…that Pole is “ours”

babycakes
                                Participant

‘WAY TO GO’ DINO!!!! A ‘nice’ piece of ‘Dover’ history to add to Brian’s collection!!! 😉 😀 Pete.

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

That’s cool about the finish line pole! I have a pic of a speaker pole from July of 2015 near the starting line…is that still there?

Smitty

dino
                                        Keymaster

Lisa Just Sent Me This ….Its from March 2016 (Local Newspaper …Property Includes old Dover Site )

“MISSIONARIES BUY 1,800 ACRES IN DOVER PLAINS
                                            An evangelical Christian group has purchased a former summer camp for the poor in Dutchess County to serve as its world headquarters and to support mission work.

World Olivet Assembly Inc. paid $30.8 million for 1,800 acres in Dover Plains.
                                            “Basically, it’s a missionary group that wants to spread the gospel,” said spokesman Terence Michos.
                                            The property was once owned by New York City Mission Society, an organization that was founded in 1812 to inspire hope to the masses of immigrants arriving in the city. The society began sponsoring camping trips for African-American children in 1929 and eventually established camps in Dutchess County.
                                            By the 1950s, the society operated Camp Minisink, Camp Sharparoon and Camp Green Acres. In 2005, it sold the campgrounds.
                                            For now, the property will be used for offices. Eventually missionaries will be housed and trained there.
                                            “We are bringing it back to its original religious purposes,” Michos said., “What was decisive for us is the fact that New York Mission Society used to reside on the property, serving and raising social workers.”
                                            The grounds have a conference center, dining facility, lodging and recreational facilities. After the missionary society sold it, it was used as a private hunting and fishing reserve.( Former Owner’s Bed & Breakfast that adjoined Track Property)
                                            World Olivet Assembly bought three separate properties, from Chippawalla Properties in Wingdale, Douglas and Kristin Londal of Bronxville, and Fraser Conservation LLC, also based at the Londal’s Bronxville address.
                                            The $30.8 million came from the organization’s own funds and from a fundraising campaign, Michos said.
                                            The site ( OLD TRACK property And ajoining propertys) is one mile away from Olivet University in Wingdale.( OLD HOSPITAL) The bible college was founded in 2000 in Seoul, Korea by an evangelical pastor, the Rev. David J. Jang. The Wingdale campus is an extension of the main campus in San Francisco.
                                            Michos described World Olivet Assembly and Olivet University as partners but distinct legal entities with separate boards of directors. Anthony Chiu is general secretary of the Assembly.
                                            The Wingdale bible school also has a storied past. It is on the grounds of the former Harlem Valley Psychiatric Center. The hospital operated for 70 years and housed as many as 5,000 patients during its peak in the mid-1950s. The 800-acre campus had 80 buildings and its own bakery, bowling alley, ice cream parlor, dairy farm and power plant. The site has a Metro-North train station next to the campus, enabling local residents to travel to Manhattan in 90 minutes.
                                            The hospital closed in 1974 and was abandoned for 20 years. Olivet Management LLC bought 508 acres in 2013.
                                            Overgrown grounds have been cleared and building exteriors fixed up. The university submitted a site plan in September to restore most of the buildings. The first phase will include creation of offices, dormitories, staff housing and a primary school for children of the administration and staff.
                                            The organization wants to build an IT and research center and retail space eventually.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Nick De Nise was cruising on his Bike July 2nd and shot this at the old front gate . Olivet University stating to do work at the property.Set up offices in old Bus Building down by the old Tech lanes. …and put up new Gates. I will be in Contact with them to see if we can erect that long ago discussed ‘Historical Marker” on ‘their’ property.

Attachments:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.