Track Record

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Track Record

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Who holds the track record for et and mph?
        Al Baran

dino
        Keymaster

Thats a great Question…Why Brian and I are tracking down every Paper with results we can find …The old jet Dragsters wouldv’e been a candidate but the last Fuelers would be the choice . I’ve put that Question to Mike Mannion….worked the handicaps and clocks to see If he remembers .

dino
            Keymaster

Brian…Look through your “Stash” and ask Krosky …anyone one have like 73-75 Papers with fast times ?

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

The JET MISSLES don’t count. Only in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades.

I’m going with Don “The Snake” Prudhomme, 1969 versus “TV Tommy Ivo.
                    At The Nationals that year (September), Prudhomme ran a 6.51 @ 223 MPH.
                    If I recall, going by memory, I think “The Snake” ran a 6.53 at Dover. MPH ❓
                    His second run was also in the 6’s.
                    “TV Tommy ran low 7.00’s. and I don’t think he broke into the 6-second barrier, in either race.

Paul

dino
                    Keymaster

Go to your basement…clean out he garage…climb up to the attic ….out in barn ….Find the Drag papers …They have all the answers !…it should stand at about 220…the jets did 230 ….if we let them…had a few mishaps ,like chutes not opening…most of the time they were told to shut off early.

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Hard to imagine anyone crazy enough to try to go through “The Strait of Dover” in the low 6.00’s @ 250 MPH.
                            I know those early rail guys were crazy, but not that crazy.
                            If anyone attempted a blast that quick, with the short shut-down area and downhill slope, I think the track crew would be picking them up with a sponge, in Columbia County.
                            Don Prudhomme must have the track record for E.T and MPH, in both his Top Fuel Dragster from 69′, and the “Hot Wheels” Barracuda Funny car from 71′ (I think).

The track crew should have posted a sign about 3/4 down the track, “SPEED LIMIT 225 MPH”
                            or better yet, a sign that said;
                            “IF APPROACHING 200 MPH, START APPLYING YOUR BRAKES NOW!!

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.