Tractor Pulls Anyone?

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Tractor Pulls Anyone?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just A thought…Got some pretty Mean machines ! two three four Blown Engines …Be good at the 50th ? out in the Farm country??? Maybe just have a Display area and give ’em a trophy -Best Tractor in Show ?

dino
        Keymaster

Here ya go …A Dover Guy at the wheel!

Attachments:

cullyflower

My neighbor has a tractor repair business and specializes in rebuilding engines for the STOCK tractor pulling guys. I didnt realize that Farmall tractors
                like the one above used stroker crankshafts. 😮 😮 😆

don-kauer

“To each his own”………………..I’m sure they get the same feeling on a full pull that we get on a good pass… 😀 😀 😀

tomatohead
                    Participant

….. Dino , if you do have a tractor pull and a best in show count on me an my 1969 Allis Chalmers D-10 being there and plenty of locals !!!

anonymous

I’ll bring four Farmalls..Many friends that also would show up with Farmalls and John Deeres 😎

dino
                            Keymaster

That’s Action Rat, by the way ,in the lead photo .Pat can bring his riding mower ,but has to leave his cell phone home.

dino
                                Keymaster

Actually His Son…He’s just out of the shot watching…Found This on his FaceBook page …:
                                    “The Farmall H Is Ready And Excited For Halloween Evening..It Will Be Pulling A Wagon Full Of Trick Or Treaters..It Willl Be Seen At Various Neighborhoods, Downtown New Milford, And At The Firehouse..The Farmall H And I Wish Everyone A Happy And Safe Halloween !!!”

anonymous

Dino…Thats my son Timmy doing the wheelie on the 1951 Farmall H which runs in the 4500 lb. class at antique tractor pulls here in Ct. and NY State. This pic. was at the Bethlehem Fair tractor pulls. If you look to the right of the Farmall you’ll see me checking out the hook up on the new drawbar setup. On this day we took 5th place out of 26 tractors in our class. No one except Mikey and Don seems to know who the ODF is in Early Entry post. Good post. Stumped everyone. I think some might feel that the 50th should be about cars only, but tractors have wheels also and out in the country they fit right in. Your call. Either way the 50th will be “THE EVENT” not to be missed 😎 Tommy

don-kauer

10-4 on the tractors………I think they are way cool 😀

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY
                                                How bout a DDS tribute chain saw!Have a chain saw competion,could also have a motorcycyle engine class!
                                                Take the motor outta the DDS tribute Willys!!
                                                , get a eating contest ,Hey Joey Chestnut ,,you out there!!!
                                                Get Derek Poundstone, world strongest man, is a cop in Naugatuck, Ct. he can pull a line of DDS race cars down rt 21!
                                                Can have the BIGGEST LOOSER contest or Dancing With The Stars,team up mikey and nephew Goober !!!Call it Competion Day at Wingdale!!

‘V’

dino
                                                Keymaster

V-Bob sure can “take a Ball & run with It” 😯 …what direction,only he knows. As Roxrec said “Inviting tractors to THE 50TH would be a great chance for local involvement” I agree Local Involvement is a Priority.Hasn’t been Any Car Event in the town since Dover Days Stopped.Other forms of “motorsports” that would not only tie-in (especially with Dover Guys involved with it )would add some variety and interest…. But Will definatly put some control on it ,as to not become a side-show carnival resembling a Agriculture 4-H fair. Its A DRAG STRIP Anniversary. Some guys have taken their racing experiance and gone into other forms of Motorsorts. I can relate to Drag Boats ( a number in that now ) but not bass boats. Some got into Stock Cars (at most area tracks-Even Fred Murphy big with That)…and he’s right up the road! witness at The Danbury Reunion ,some restorations on display. Most of those guys started at Dover (Riley-Bones Stevens-& more) …. Also Don’t intend to Have ANY classes for 4X4- Import ‘Tuners”- Late Models-STREET chopper Bikes….again its a DRAG event .All the Entry rules will be quite explicit,as to keep the event ON TOPIC & THEME.Any and All restored -replicated or still running Drag Cars THE top Priority with as many Street Rods and Customs as possible …Hot Rods And Racing ! Inviting Corvette Clubs…Antique And Classic Too.Its A CAR SHOW with some extra added attractions. EATING contest ? You guys do pretty good with that ,just having lunch! don’t even mention a Polka dancing contest….Brian Hand picking Period Correct Sound tracks for the whole Day from Doo-wop to San Fransisco head music. “Some thing For everybody ” 61-76.” We bring you the cars,the music and the attitude ….they Way It Was’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.