Trick Truck Broke

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM Trick Truck Broke

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

My old faithful Trick Truck broke down today.Was Parked ,fired it up , went to pull shifter (On Column) into reverse,and heard a “snap’. Stuck in park with a floppy shift handle. HELP!. Called a buddie with a flat bed and While I held the Brake, He climbed under and put in Drive. So I drove it to his repair shop. We Think a used column from a junk yard will be the fastest And cheapest way out. BossMan ( Ford Parts Man extroidinair)…What ya think? Super Stock Pete Is an expert in these areas Too. “93 F-150 with big six. Always like a second opinion from the Ace Dover mechanics.

mikey

First, find out if it broke, or just came disconnected. Then, check out your salvage yards, and aftermarket floor shifters. Maybe it’s not terminal, ya never know. 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Whoa Baby! …A Floor Shifter Option…Never Thought of that ! KOOL

tomblake
                Participant

Dino….after the floor shifter what class will you enter into at the 5th? 😆 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

at 241000 miles….I’d need a trailer to get it there.Just my luck, it would break down in the middle of nowhere,late at night. I keep the ol girl close to home.Class would be like old AHRA at N Y National …D/MTA6 Dino ModifiedTruck Automatic 6 cyl.

babycakes
                        Participant

Tom,I’m thinking the pot metal ‘ shift collar’ may have cracked ? Just guessing 🙄

dino
                            Keymaster

Just Checked with bossguy..Ford Parts manager in Peekskill..gave me the part #s and what happened.Shift tube probably broke ,cheap fix and we’ll put in the reinforced bushings just to be safe. Common problem…he keeps them in stock.So does my local dealer…Done Deal …”I Used the Dover Guy Network” Thanks Troops!

super-sport-pete

dino, WHAT “BOSSMAN” said. if they have it in stock, and that IS the problem, do it . you apparently plan on keeping this. a junkyard column is used. a crap shoot ,then the key is different, color, options, FIX YOURS. I have done some of these, most have been 3 on the tree. happy motoring!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Remind me not to ‘speed-shift’ out of park 😆

Attachments:

bossguy

Good thing I’m not one to say “I told ya so” 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.