TV TOMMY IVO CHECKS IN! via e-mail

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION TV TOMMY IVO CHECKS IN! via e-mail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

JUST GOT THIS FROM TV Tommy !!! 😯
        he said:
        Well listen, I can get a computer turned on. Which is a lot better than
        most of my fellow old time racers can. But I get a little lost moving
        round on your site. The pictures you sent were of the time when I had this
        rig there. (see picture) We were always dog eared by the time we got to
        the track on Sunday morning. We had always ran the Saturday night
        before we got there and sometimes Friday, as well as Wednesday. Plus.
        just unloading all this stuff to race, was like running two races in
        one day for just two guys. Good old Dover Strip, we had some good times
        there.

Perhaps you can post this for me ,. I’m just buried
        right now with the CHRR coming up and I.m going to have the Barnstormer,
        (now cloned by Ron Johnson) , my rear engine dragster the I crashed at
        Pomona one winter nationals (now owned and restored by Bruce Larson, as
        well as the four motor car. (now owned by America’s Car Collection).

TV Tom

edit-dino

TV Tom at Dover …photo by “Video BOB’. See more of Bob’s stuff at ‘Photos-Historical Dover’-you must be logged in to view

Attachments:

anonymous

Here is a photo of TV Tommy from 1963.

Andy Panessa

Attachments:

maso
            Participant

I sent T.V. Tommy this picture and he loved it…!

dino
                Keymaster

We’re getting a hold of ole TV TOM to contribute some input for our Big Video…there’s gona be a Match Race section .. Got the idea to interview him Over The phone with a slide show…NEED AS much TV TOM photos as we can get …send ’em E-mail at a resolution of 200 or more OR Send actual Prints for us to scan good for reproduction.

randy-fish

I consider myself fortunate to be able to see Ivo on a fairly regular basis. I was at Dennis Taylor’s shop when he was doing the upholsery for the Barnstormer clone and Ivo stopped in for a fitting. I also witnessed Tommy push-starting it for the first time at Pomona. He’s never lost his enthusiasm or his genuine smile. This guy’s the real deal.

He was invited to occupy the seat in Guy Boucher’s restored original Ivo front-engine dragster at the Midwest Hot Rod Reunion a couple of years ago. I forget exactly what happened, but something went wrong and they kept pushing it further and further, but it wouldn’t fire. Then, Ivo had no brakes and bumped into the back of Garlits’ car, damaging the front of Boucher’s car pretty badly and inflicting bruises to the back end of Garlits’ dragster. Tommy told me, “Garlits was so pissed he sent me an invoice and billed me for the damage! Naturally, I didn’t pay it, but I did tell him, ‘I didn’t see you there . . . I was on my cell phone.'”

And as Storm King found out at the recent “Night of Champions” in Pomona, Tommy Ivo is a life-long practical joker and master story teller.

dino
                        Keymaster

Well then Randy …YOU’RE officially HIRED to do Location interviews For our Big video on the left coast with all the Stars that Match raced Dover with their Dover Recollections…Hmmm …we got Snake, Goose , T.V. and I’ll send ya a complete list …(Beachcomber…etc.) AND IF ya do …give me 10 bucks and I’ll buy ya lunch and you get a first run autographed copy of the the Video.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

found a couple more in the attic under T !
                                thank GOD for the Kodak 126 camera!!
                                ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Nice …ties right in with our video coverage of same day!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Found this nugget on Tommy…Great stuff
                                        http://www.mshf.com/Videos/tommy_ivo.htm

All About The Motorsports Hall Of Fame…NOTE :started Drag Racing Catagory In 1989. We’ve Had 10 out of the only 20 inducted ….RACE AT DOVER ! Tommy one of them

storm-king

Wow, that was good. Humility, never losing the love of what you’re doing, and recognizing just how fortunate you are to get to play this game. Good on you, Mr. IVO.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Tommy will be on RacersRadio Mon night with Sam Auxier.
                                                http://dragracersreunion.ning.com/

dino
                                                Keymaster

For you Facebook fans…Sam Auxier posted a Direct Link to our Teaser Video of Tom & Snake run,at his facebook page….So Hi to all you newbies checking it out ! listen to his show tonight with TV Tom….might just hear another familiar voice .
                                                    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1005609261

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Tommy will be on RacersRadio Mon night with Sam Auxier.
                                                        http://dragracersreunion.ning.com/

……………..Its almost 8:00 pm..I AM PRESENTLY “On Queue” (hold) to be in line to Talk to Tommy ,when his ‘slot’ on show comes on. ” Dino on your Radio”

dino
                                                        Keymaster

still waiting ….stand By

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Almost …I’m “on Deck’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.