two more shops

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past two more shops

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Harrys Speed shop in Beacon,N.Y. then it was changed to Thunder Speed, was owned by Dover Drag Strips own Big Harry Harrison !

storm-king

I know I’ve mentioned that here before. Does anyone know where Harry is now? He had what was by far the best, most interesting; largest series of photos of “Jungle Pam” I’ve ever seen. I bought my T bucket from Harry; if you remember the one he had on the showroom floor. I used to work in the back after hours with Rick Green when he managed the store. There were all kinds of Mopars being built back there.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                What year was that? After ’77?
                Rich

storm-king

I may have to change my username on here yet. This is Gary, Bill is S-K 2. anyway, it was before I went into the Air Force; so it had to have been 74-75.

mikey

Hey, was that the Rickie Green in the wheel chair, the one with the 383, white Baracuda??? Wonder what ever happened to him??I remember him building a Hemi, and stuffing it into one Harry’s “Thunder Built” circle track frames. I think Dom Calebro owned the car, ran Middletown Speedway with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.