Uncle "Rig" …….

Forums Forums GENERATION GAP Uncle "Rig" …….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

My Father is the oldest of three bothers , the youngest my uncle Amerigo was the one who raced at Dover in the late 60s. We would go down to my grandfather and grandmothers house (in was located in between King St . in Greenwich and the Westchester Airport in Armonk NY ) to gut a deer my uncle had shot I started to trip over Ford 390 428 427 parts on the garage floor, grabbed hold of the deers leg fell and pulled the deer down on top of me !!! man my father kicked me right in the A*S ! They picked the deer up and I got the h*ll out of there before they gutted me !!! Anyway my father and uncle use to buy all there cars at Larsen Ford in White Plains NY was only about 7-8 miles away .I remember I would go in the back threw the garage and they had a big down stairs there was race cars mustangs cobras shelbys mach 1 s all over the place !!!!!! This kid that worked for my uncle had a mach 1 with a 428 cj and he raced at Dover too my uncle passed away back in 83 he had a 66 Fairlane GTA 390 conv. in had a warmed over 390 short block with a 427 solid cam and 427 aluminum Sidewinder intake 428 oil pump ( had to take the 427 oil pump out cuase it kept blowing the oil filter off ) and Holley carb that came with it.He painted the intake blue to match the motor and ran the stock exhaust maifolds so he could race it B /”Stock” A !!!When I was older I needed a trailer to put the bracket car on and this guy who worked with my uncle at Armonk Garage during the winter when the farm was closed his name is Pat Muale has a 69 Camaro stocker he lives in Mahopac NY across from Lance Demazzo , Pat also raced at Dover his garage is full of trophys he had a trailer for sale my uncle said so we went to see him and got the trailer for $400 bucks . Anyway Pat said the trailer use to be Richie Zuls trailer and I always thought that was cool havin Zuls trailer . I sold the trailer to my cusin and he sold it to his friend in somers to use moving his 351 Cougar.I always wanted to ask Bob Ingles , he knew Richie Zul if it was his trailer but never remembered when I went there cuase I was to busy listening to the pro stock motor dnyo pulls !!! I think one time when I was at Lebanon I asked Lee Valintine Lees another nice guy , about it and he said You still got that old thing it use to be a old Long Island boat trailer !!! I dont have a picture of the fairlane but I have one of my uncle on my grandfathers Mustang ……………………..tomato

Attachments:

tomatohead
        Participant

….. this is a car very “similar” same color and white top ,to my uncles car , ……. I am still trying to track down a photo of it 😕 , and have NOT givin up , …………. I WILL find one

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

…….. the little kid on the hood of the blue mustang is my cousin , Ricky , my uncles son , when my uncle passed ,he had this black 80 Cobra Mustang turbo 4 cyl 5 spd that he bought from LARSEN FORD ( He also bought a white Cobra Turbo 4 cyl Mustang auto. for my other cousin , his dauther Carol , she still has hers too) so I said to Ricky we should pull the 4 cyl and put a 351 CLEVELAND IN IT 😀 … so we did and these are pictures of us racing at Island ❗ Thanks to my uncle I would never made it to DOVER ❗

Attachments:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.