UNDER construction,,,

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION UNDER construction,,,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Nice full page article on Gary Smrtic,
        in the feb issue of MCG (MOPAR COLLECTOR’S GUIDE)
        on his A/FX ’66 Dart
        here is a scanned picture of it.

Attachments:

storm-king

Wow! I haven’t even seen that yet, and had no idea Rob was going to do that. I’m a STAR! 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Working with Drag Racer …Iv’e gotten to know about 3 month in advance deadlines….he did this way back ….COOL though!
                This is a perfect spot to Tell us About Your Trip to PRI ….Or Follow -up Other Post.Is car still looking like this or do you have some new photos.? Think the original photos are current projects .

bobby-s

Did not know Drag Racer &
                    MCG (Mopar Collector’s Guide) were the same publishers,,
                    and knew this for three months,,,, 😯
                    boy you must have a saw bottom lip 😮
                    from being biten so long 😆 😆 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Not same Publishers Unless in your Mag it shows Becket Media as owners …I just remarked ALL magazines are long on deadline

storm-king-2

Gary was behind the camera, & didn’t even get in the picture. That is Bobby Cataldo on the left, he is one fabricating son of a gun. He has built a helicopter, 2 airplanes, with another in his shop under construction right now, race bikes ( drag & off-road ),hot rods, U name it he’s probably worked on it. Rick Hembry on the right, we brought him from Oklahoma to Kentucky. He’s a walking encyclopedia on Mopars. He’s got a Plymouth Arrow pick up with a mild 360 in it. It’ll smoke the tires half way thru 3rd gear. Lots of fun.
                            The big holdup on the Dart now is me. I have to finish the tool to build the other fender, & then tool up for the doors which are simple in comparison. The hood will be built from scatch, which will be easier than trying to stretch the stock one. Hopefully all that will be done by spring. I think there are shots of the stretch fender under the projects colume from quite a while back.
                            Bill

storm-king-2

Second page, 11th post in New Projects, several photo’s of the new fender being trimmed to fit, & how it currently looks.
                                Bill

dino
                                Keymaster

I’m sending you guys a Dover Racing Team Decal to inspire you and shoe polish to put ‘Nostalgia Drags or Bust’ on back window 😀

storm-king

We’ll do that, or at least put it somewhere for inspiration!
                                        Unfortunately, the Dart looks about the same, which was really the biggest factor in our not going to Island this year.
                                        I’ve decided to go back in and put new tubs in it, as the current ones were made with an old hot water heater and are kind of rough even for me. I’ve also got an idea to enhance the main hoop’s integrity with the frame stiffeners, then I can shoot it with primer/sealer and by then the other carbon parts should be ready. Then we’ll have some new pix, like Bill said.
                                        I’ve always seen this car as being called “The Crusader” but am considering doing a “Storm King” version instead. Maybe I should do a poll here?

mikey

How about “THE STORM KING CRUSADER” ?? 😮 😮 😮
                                            Mikey

dino
                                            Keymaster

“SON OF STORM KING”.. kind of like old horror flicks “Son Of KONG” .With historical referance on trunk….would make great reading for tourists wandering through pits. List the Storm King cars with old lettering style -class ,year run ….KOOL I wanna do It !

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

What?….Good Idea?

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

Its “YOUR” car you have to decide in the end , but why not just “STORM KING” and what ever number car it is you have built to show your “LONG” line of comptition cars ……….. “STORM KING XXIII” …………… just my two cents …… tomato 😀 ❗

storm-king

I’ve got to run it by Bill, really his name for the cars. I see Goodguys has put together a nostalgia Pro Stock class, and seperated them by era, which is the only sensable way to do it. We’ve got a couple fo Dart Sports which we could either convert to , or trade for, a Duster, and we could build a recreation of Bill’s last ride, his Pro Stock Hemi Duster and go have some fun with that too. He’s about to have a decent sized home workshop to play in, so it is a possiblility.
                                                            I had thoght I could hang the “Crusader” name on the mid engined ’27 T I’m going to begin building as soon as the Dart is a roller. I’m going to have ‘Roo-man up in Indy do the chassis.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.