VETERANS DAY 2014

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION VETERANS DAY 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Dont forget to thank a Vet!
        ‘V’

Attachments:

don-kauer

Hey V, Pat, Pete,Dino and the rest of us….Welcome home 🙂 🙂 🙂 Just want to get this in………Take 100 average Americans and only 10 will know what Veterans Day is all about or even give a shit for that matter…Out of the 10 Americans 8 will be vets……What a bunch of ASSHOLES we live with ❗ ❗ ❗ …. 🙁 🙁 🙁 My brother and closest friend, John Shimer cares more and does more for our cause then most vets do…So John, Welcome home to you also 😎 😎 😎

mleroux
            Participant

🙁 WAR is HELL 😀 so THANKS to the VETS that served past and present , our day is tomorrow for the nation to salute us for what we have done for our country , 😀 😀 😀 , Mike L. ,,,

kman
                Participant

my photo tribute…

thank you…..

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

PLEASE SAY THANK YOU TO A VETERAN…NOT JUST TOMORROW,
                        BUT EVERY DAY ❗

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

Thank you to all that served.

babycakes
                            Participant

I will never forget how ‘greatfull’ I am to V Bob! Bob was going down to D.C. to visit the ‘Nam’ Wall.He asked if I would like him to take a photo of a fallen friend’s name,that we served together,in Nam.Through the ‘kindness’ of his heart, Bob came through for me and got a
                                closeup shot of Joe LaFaso. Joe and I took ‘basic’ training, then ‘advanced’ infantry training together;we were close buddies! He gave the ultimate sacrifice to our country,as did ‘many’! Unfortunately Joe was the only child in his family.A heartbreaking event for me was visiting his parents when I came back home to try and comfort them (it was rough!). I agree with Don 100%. It’s a damned shame how most celebrate the holiday,and respect for Vets, just a day off for some,or a ‘holiday’ sales in stores! To me ‘HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY!!! And I mean that to ‘all’ VETS that served in our country!!! Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Once again our good friend ROXREC (John Shimer) made the ”Bridge Run” in honor of our
                                    veterans ❗ This year John made the run in his 1960 Chevy Nomad wagon, 348 ci, auto trans, ps. pb and ac, all original. Thanks John for taking the time to do this in honor of our service-men and women ❗ Please remember to thank a Vet ❗

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

patina
                                    Participant

To all my Brothers in Arms I thank you and to all those that welcomed us home I thank you.

Pat

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Its 2015 and Veterans Day again!!
                                            Don’t forget to thank a Vet!!
                                            ‘V’

patina
                                            Participant

Display the Flag.

Pat

babycakes
                                                Participant

Wishing to ‘all’ VETS, “THANK YOU” brothers,and a “HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY” !!!! Pete.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

My flag is up and thank you to all the Vets.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

V-Bob came up with a great Idea for our next race…Will be contacting the Albany area VA hospital to coordinate a “Bus Trip” to the event. As always….*********Current and former military personnel with valid military ID card – FREE (individual only) On SUNDAY at General Admission Gate…that incudes showing American Legion Card.Or any other ID that proves you’re a VET(active or retired). We’re also going to contact local Legion to bring color guard for National Anthem. “If’ I really do my homework”…I’d REALLY like to see a fly over….Any input for help on these ideas would be appreciated. VETS won’t by left out at the ‘Dover Drags” !

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Thank You Vets ❗ …God bless you all ❗
                                                                Frank… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.