‘Video’ Bob Bartkus from Connecticut

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls ‘Video’ Bob Bartkus from Connecticut

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Hi,Bob here!!
        Great to be on the web site of the greatest drag strip ever built,”Dover Drag Strip”!!
        Born back in 49′ six years before the BIG flood of 55′ came through the Naugautuck valley in Connecticut!!
        I first went to in Wingdale,NewYork in 1963!!
        Just as a sepctator with a 126 Kodak camera and a Brownie camera shootin blackn’white film! I still have every pic I took!!
        I can remember the flag starter jumpin in the air like it was yesterday!
        I watched my local heros from my hometown of Watertown,Connecticut.The Watertown Customs car club had,
        the Brazee Bros.,George and Joe and their main wrench Chuck”Ziggy” Sabis,with that orange Crosley , “The Little Giant”,then they went to a “Woody Car” Jr.Fueler!!
        There was Charlie Boucher with “Bad News’ C/A pickup!
        Stan Adams and his B/A Fiat “Slow Motion” his crew “Beepers” and Ray Chasse !!
        I drove a 60 olds, 67 Corvette ,73 Corvette,and a bunchof 55′ Chevies,all street cars but when you got to the tech line and got a tech card from Joe Tanner and his mark on the windshield it was a race car!! Did you know racecar is the only word you can spell backwards and comes out the same!!!
        Now I am a member on NETO!!!
        I ran a 57′ Chevy in Nostalgia with the clubfrom the clubs first race!!
        Best ever was going 5 rounds at Englishtown in 2001 na dget in the winners circle!!!
        Now I help Vince and Paul Bayrinas with their 34′ AA/Gas Willys flyin the Dover Drag Strip .Com colors!
        I guess you can call me a ODF and will not take offense at that being said!!
        You’ll see me always with some kind of camera in hand!!
        Happy trails and look forward to meeting old and making new friends on the site of the greatest drag strip in the world “Dover Drag Strip”!!
        Bob Bartkus

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

“Video BOB”…a man of few words….Really…. since Bob got on the Forum and learned how to Post Photos @ “Photos” He’s treated us to some FANTASTIC memories…watch for His VIDEO of the reunion Comimg SOON !

maso
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

“Video BOB”…a man of few words….Really…. since Bob got on the Forum and learned how to Post Photos @ “Photos” He’s treated us to some FANTASTIC memories…watch for His VIDEO of the reunion Comimg SOON !

Videos…???

on DVD…?

Can I buy that through this web site…?

When…?

dino
                Keymaster

Won’t have to ! My ace “mechanic ” Papasmurf ” is going to upload the whole 1/2 Hr. video to the Reunion Gallery Page How Cool is that! watch for it (Comimg snail-mail from wonderful downtown Videobobville)

pon55

😆 That Watertown Customs list sounds like the list of winners announced each Sunday.

vbob
                        Participant

Yes Sir:
                            After Charlie Boucher parked ‘Bad News’,(it’s alive and well better than new) he ran a jr.Fueler as did the Brazee Bros.and Sabis.(Little Giant lost, it seems like forever)
                            Both ran alterds then both got into Jr’fuel!
                            Stan Adams always ran the Fiat.the Fiat is sleeping in a barn in Connecticut with no intentions of ever commin out !

‘Video’Bob

maso
                            Participant
                                quote video Bob:

Yes Sir:
                                After Charlie Boucher parked ‘Bad News’,(it’s alive and well better than new) he ran a jr.Fueler as did the Brazee Bros.and Sabis.(Little Giant lost, it seems like forever)
                                Both ran alterds then both got into Jr’fuel!
                                Stan Adams always ran the Fiat.the Fiat is sleeping in a barn in Connecticut with no intentions of ever commin out !

‘Video’Bob

Have you got pictures of those two Jr. Fuelers…??? I’d like to see.

vbob
                                Participant

Here ya go!!

Attachments:

maso
                                    Participant

I love it… but the “Little Giant” had more personality. They made some serious NHRA noise with the Giant. Records and class wins out at Indy.

vindicator
                                        Participant

🙂 🙂 🙂 HEY… HERE’S A LIL’ “TIDBIT” FOR YA’…THE BRAZEE BROS. & SABIS CAR (JR FUELER) WAS BOUGHT FROM PAT “FLATHEAD FORD” CREAMOR…IT WAS WAS A WOODY GILMORE CAR…VERY LIGHT..AND I REMEMBER RICHIE SHOTT HAVING ANOTHER CAR BEING BUILT @ GILMORE’S RACE CAR ENGINEERING SHOP (WOODY BUILT HIM SEVERAL)…REMARKING THAT PAT WAS BUILDING THE “TRICKEST”, LIGHTEST D/D FLATHEAD FORD V/8 CAR EVER….(OL’ “SHOTTSIE” 😆 😆 JUST COULDN’T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WOULD GET A WOODY CAR….FOR FLATHEAD!!!…IT WUZ’… WELL…UN-AMERICAN!!!…OR AT LEAST UN-USUAL..) PAT MADE VERY FEW RUNS WITH CAR…SOLD IT TO BRAZEES’…& CHUCK (SABIS)…USED THE “PROCEEDS” TO OPEN BREWSTER HARLEY DAVIDSON…WHICH HE OPERATED FOR MANY YEARS…WE BOUGHT HIS “ULTIMATE ” FLATHEAD…341″ HILLBORN INJECTORS,ETC. WHICH HE HAD BUILT FOR THE WOODY CAR )…LIKE A LOT OF OTHER “STUFF” AT THE TIME….SOMEBODY CAME AROUND THE SHOP….MADE US AN OFFER…AND AWAY IT (MOTOR) WENT…PAT SOLD THE H-D FRANCHISE TO THE “BOYS” FROM CHAPPAQUA….WHO RELOCATED IT TO DANBURY…AND LIVES UP IN TICONDEROGA,NY…HAS A NUMBER OF CLASSIC/HOT ROD….CARS& BIKES…HE’S A GOOD GUY….WHO DID WELL….WORKED HARD…CAME A LONG WAY FROM DRIVIN’ THE COTT BEVERAGE TRUCK IN THE BRONX!!! HE WAS VERY FRIENDLY WITH THE B&L “GANG”…DRAKE 🙂 🙂 p.s. THE “GIANT” MIGHT HAVE BEEN COOLER FOR SURE…BUT LET ME TELL YA’…LIKE EVERYTHING ‘DEM BRAZEE BROS.-“CHUCKIE”(WTF’S UP WITH THE “ZIGGY” HANDLE!!!???*** 😆 😆 ) RACED…THEY WERE THE GENIUNE ARTICLE…”BAD JOSES”….FAST & CONSISTANT…CHUCK’S AN AWESOME WRENCH…GEORGE A SUPER SHOE…AND AT LEAST JOE BRAZEE DIDN’T SMOKE THOSE LIL’ “STINKIN'” CEE-GARS…LIKE GEORGE!!! 😆 😆 😆

maso
                                            Participant

Cool… 😎

I spent time at the Dover Drag Strip from 1961 to 1965 and lost track of who did what after that.

😀

dino
                                                Keymaster

Hey !you said you had Photos From ’63 !!! send e’m Snail mail & Ill scan them in Good Dpi to send to magazines (They can’t use low res. on forum posts) And mail them right back looking for those “lost years ’61-’63 ”

….see how I did a ” BTT”…bumped the tread back to top by replying edit-dino

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.