Video Bob Becomes VEGA BOB

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Video Bob Becomes VEGA BOB

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Hey Guys, a great day Saturday at Island ! V-Bob had a couple glitches, but had the best
        legends of Dover Drag Strip helping him ! None other than WILD BILL “SPEED” CASEY and the MASTER of MODIFIED PRODUCTION, MR. FRED EGLOFF (Fred’s Speed Shop). I’ll tell you there
        was a lot of smiling in the V-Bob pit. V made us proud with his performances with his new
        ride. What a great second event for Dover @ Island. Stay posted to the Dover forum because
        you will be hearing stories of this event for a long time !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
        Frank…

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Hey ….who better to fine tune you racer but the Yonkers Kings of small blocks. Bob then proceded to crank out consistant 10:30’s all day and made three rounds ! Back in the saddle and hasn’t lost his touch. And …a Member of the M&M racing Team. …..and as they say in the announcers booth ….a “Crowd Favorite”

maso
            Participant

VegaBob…

Use this one… until I can find a better one for you.

I know, it’s red and yours is white…

Juat right click on the image and select “Save Picture As…” from the pop up menu, then download it to your hard drive then up load it to the web site through yout “profile” settings.

dino
                Keymaster

Maso…First …Good to meet The Man in person…you know a lot ! I Know you can “repaint” that avatar …can’t you ?

maso
                    Participant
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Maso…First …Good to meet The Man in person…you know a lot ! I Know you can “repaint” that avatar …can’t you ?

I was trying to figure out just how to use my “Corel Paint Shop Pro” software to change the red color to white for the VegaMan… but I got nowhere. He should use this temporarilly untill I get something he likes better. Nothing wrong with having several avatars and changing them up from time to time. He’s got two from me now…! and so do you and I…! Have fun…!

dino
                        Keymaster

Just in from The Attic . . . . .

Hi,
                            Shoehorned the Vega next to the mustang with the help of Mike, wheel casters and Franks muscle, for the looong winters nap !!!!
                            Trailer found its way back to its righfull owner… the yard and driveway are back to normal !!
                            Oh, wanna have a beer n pizza somewhere in Wingdale.Gonna scout a place out !!.maybe do the river view ,oceanview ,mountain view,valley view,I dont know,OH,OH, maybe the Harlem valley Hospital,get a room with a view,me OK !!!!
                            Bob

………………Brian knows all the Wingdale Hot Spots And They have a WED night Cruise at the ol Diner !

dino
                            Keymaster

Just In From Lebanon Valley…(“Same Day Coverage” via Cell phone)..V-Bob and his merry band of of V-Bob Racing Team (Vega) are going into round Two of the big bracket event ….Said theres A giant turn-out …tons of cars ( Cap Area Rods Nostalgia Race & Show) . tried to make some time trials- first attempt -blew the water pump fuse and overheated -no run….second attempt -battery died in staging lanes -no run. All fixed and made one pass at 10:70. Then ran a 10:65 winning in first round …in the lanes for second round. (4:30) Paul B. all fired up on the phone “place is packed” …Then Bob called as they hooked up the battery charger. More breaking news as we get it 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

They musta run late…? probably on the way home still ???

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Hey Guys, A great day at the Valley. “V” had some early problems with electrical issues. Soooo,
                                        after missing out on his first 2 time trials, we pushed his Vega down the staging lanes to insure
                                        that he got his 3rd time trial run in, which he did. He ran a 10:70. The support team (pushers}
                                        consisted of Paul B,, Carl “Bootie” Booth, Pete Stager “Babycakes” and myself…The Vega then
                                        spent time on the charger while the show car winners parade went on (Top 50)..Bootie and I
                                        left for home. I just touch bases with “V” and Paul… “V” lost in the first round against a Mr.
                                        Genevese (spelling ?), John Gunn powered Pontiac (GTO ?)…”V” did turn another 10:70, but
                                        was out raced….All in all, a GREAT day at the Valley….Here are some pics of the cars at the
                                        Valley today……

Frank……

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

V just called …That was 2nd round loss to Ron …. his :007 reaction time no match for V.

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Here’s a few more pics of today at the Valley…..The yellow and white “55 post had
                                                air brushed painted side trim…It looked so real that I had to touch it ❗ 😆

Frank…..

Attachments:

jmb442

Go get em V-Bob…!! 1:20 pm, sunday, lebanon valley.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Wow! What a ‘great’ day and ‘excellent’ turnout at the ‘Valley!!! Frank is 100% right! Unfortunately,I pulled my back out,and had to waddle most of the day,but it certainly was worth the pain.The swap meet area (with good selections,and ‘fare’ prices) was full;you couldn’t get another ‘show’ car in that specific parking area (beautiful selection of show cars I haven’t seen in a long time).The drags were run in an orderly session,and Mother Nature opened up the skies with sun and blue clouds,mid afternoon.I only wish the Dover 4 could be held in the late Sept. or October,and run as smooth as this event was.Many thanks for spending and sharing a great time with V Bob,Paul B.Frank,Bootie,along with Brain M. and son Edward.Good to see Bruce Horzan,and Clem LaChance too,and watching them run also! Time went ‘too’ fast as usual.A personal ‘thanks’ to Frank,for viewing his photos as a reminder of a terrific day at the ‘Valley’! Question,Hey Pat D. and brother Mike;what happened,and where were you guys? Missed ya…Pete.

don-kauer

Hey V…………..The Vega looks great!!!!!! 😀 ……Got that boat the other night when we were talking…Not bad 🙂 …..

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote donkauer:

Hey V…………..The Vega looks great!!!!!! :D…

Yes… it does…! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.