VIdeo Bob onNHRA "Insider’-LETS SEE YOUR HAULERS !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION VIdeo Bob onNHRA "Insider’-LETS SEE YOUR HAULERS !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

So’s V-Bob spied this post by Phil and hit the Attic and sent this in.

Attachments:

mikey

I had one that I hauled my C/Gas Nova around with. You can see part of it in one of the pictures in Car Clubs section. It was a 1965 GMC 6500, big V6, 5spd, w/ 2spd rear. Had a tire rack, and under bed storage on both sides. Oh, also a winch that ran off the PTO. ………………..Mikey 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Changed the Heading …SO lets see your Haulers,,, Past & Present!

dino
                Keymaster

Ok …I’l start…Trailers count Too Here’s Bruce’s rolling ‘AD”

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Tony Neri’s BIG truck…made it a gasser ! took off the front bumper —“we don’t need no stinking bumper”

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

Here is another hauler from a few years back. We bought the truck for the 454 engine but than decided to built it into a hauler. The 1500 truck was in an accident so we had to change chassis. Got a 2500 chassis and had the ramp built by a good friend. Did a lot of traveling in this combination including a Florida to California and back trip.

dino
                            Keymaster

Speed Freak “Rampalator'”

Attachments:

bobby-s

there’s a short clip on the teaser video Dino made last year of this set up.

Bobby S.

Attachments:

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        HERES A NEAT ONE FOR SALE IN WALLKILL,N.Y.
                                        ‘V’
                                        http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2078950706.html

ptulli
                                        Participant

Here is an old picture of us at Dover with our old Ford F600 truck. It had to be around 1975 when I was 35 years younger and about 50 pounds lighter. That is me in the straw hat.
                                            PJT

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Question…Where all these ramp trucks originally “box” trucks ,that where converted with ‘back yard enginuity, to haul cars ,with what ever ramps could be fabricated ?

mikey

Dino, I had 2 different trucks, one started life as a flat bed(first truck) and the other one was purchased as a cab and chassis. It was then built specifically to haul a car. I always liked the truck that the Storm King guys hauled the Pro car on. I think it was an ex U-Haul ramp truck that was built to haul rental trailers and car totes several at one time. There is one in St Cloud I’ve been looking at, might be nice to restore. I have lots of time, and no money. That’s how you do it, right??
                                                    ……….Mikey 😆

Attachments:

bobby-s
                                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Question…Where all these ramp trucks originally “box” trucks ,that where converted with ‘back yard enginuity, to haul cars ,with what ever ramps could be fabricated ?

If you were lucky to have a new car hauler in your area 😯
                                                        like Anchor Freight company, their trucks had the best ramps available,, 🙄
                                                        back than no markings on them to track ’em down ❗ 😮 🙄

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Think this is Malcom Durham’s ….kinda blurry(Vic Menglers $8. instamatic)

Attachments:

maso
                                                            Participant

They took this to Indy with that in ’64.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.