Vinny "Lil Scooch" Ceasrine

Forums Forums GENERATION GAP Vinny "Lil Scooch" Ceasrine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vincent27
    Participant

My dad Vinny Ceasrine built/drove a ’67 Barracuda that ran L/S then SS/I under the name Shadow and Shadow II. Arther “Butch” Barland drove the car for 2-3 years, and even my mom Jeanette got behind the wheel a few times. I alway told all my friends “you haven’t lived until you’ve seen your mom do a burnout”. Still looking for pictures of the car. I miss those days a lot.

bobby-s

Vinny How you doing youngster,
            Bobby Schlegel saying HI,
            I remember the cuda as it was yesterday, when dad had the one bay gas station on 301 & fowler ave in carmel, 😯
            remember testing the car on the 301 cross-way over the water, 😳
            than we took him to dover WON first time out trophy
            and the rest is HISTORY 😀
            Remember coming home from speed parts center with the headers for the car (had to have them now after wining a trophy 🙄 )
            sticking out the windows of a VW bug, had some crazy looks on
            I 684. Remember Dad keep it a secret for almost a month from Mom that the headers were on the car. Can keep on going with all the memories, remember when Low Vignogna had his 63 mopar painted in the station also. :mrgreen:

Great to see you on the site, please say Hi to all
            Bobby S..

vindicator
            Participant

😆 😆 😆 HEY BOBBY-VINNIE…IT TOOK A LOT OF YEARS…BUT NOW(AS OF TODAY)… MY CONSCIENCE IS “CLEAR”…I FIGURED SOMEHOW I “INFECTED” VINNIE WITH THIS “DREADED” DIEASE (DRAG RACING)…WITH ALL THE BLUE TIRE SMOKE I LEFT PASSING BY THE STATION REGUARLY…BACK IN THE VERY “EARLY” DAYS..I ALWAYS THOUGHT VINNIE INHALED SOME OF THIS…AND NEXT I KNEW HE BOUGHT HIMSELF THE “BACCARUDA”…AND WALLA’…YET ANOTHER, DRAG RACER WAS BORN!!!…BUT NOW I KNOW…IT WUZ’ YOU GUYS!!…LOST CONTACT OVER THE YEARS…WHEN I DISCOVERED THE “REAL” STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN…OR WAS IT HIGHWAY TO HELL??!!**…NITROMETHANE (THE “BY-WORD”…TOO MUCH…IS JU$T ENOUGH..)…VINNY SR. A GOOD GUY…A HARD WORKER… HOPE ALL… HEALTH…HAPPINESS…SUCCESS…FOR ALL LIFE’S ENDEAVORS ARE IN PLACE FOR YOU & FAMILY… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE VISCOME

dennis63belv

Hey Vin,
                    As you know I still talk to your dad and mom often.
                    I was about 11 or 12 and worked for your dad for 50 cents an hour.Your mom would pull in the station with the yellow 1967 Barracuda Formula S with you Susan and Paulie.Little by little Id watch your dad change MOMMIES CAR into a well known race car.I took a ride with him once across the causway on Rt.301.Oh my god ,that cuda would fly.A club was started.It was named P.C.A.Drag Division.West Road Performance was painted on the side,also Howling Coyote.From Yellow to Silver to Silver and black..Then Christmas tree green.I got the bug from your dad ,Bobby S and Drake who I also work for a short time.I ran G/SA.Ill never forget it,your dad and I were about to race eachother in the time trials.Your dad had headers ,the car was loud .I had No headers ,I couldnt even tell if it was running.Your dad must have been looking at me when the light turned green.I beat him out of the whole by a car lenght.Then guess what happened .He beat me by 15 cars.It was so much fun going to the races.Your dad is like a second father to me.My son still has the few trophys I had won and he sent me the e-mail of yours.Its in the blood I guess and as you can see he also likes the old stories.
                    So here it is 40 years later,still friends with your whole family who continues to share fond memories of Dover Drag Strip.

Great hearing your story,
                    Dennis Mayes

vindicator
                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DENNIS…U…”AGING”…ROCK STAR…HOW..U.. DOIN’?..YOU..TOO COME FROM A SPECIAL FAMILY…YOUR MOM & DAD…D…BEST… OF THE…D…BEST….YOUR BROTHER ROGER…TRULY A HIGH SCHOOL SUPERSTAR BALLPLAYER…AND I AS UNDERSTAND IT… PRETTY DARN GOOD BUSINESSMAN TOO…(WE KNOW HE’S A GOOD DUDE)… SISTER MARCIA…A BEAUTIFUL GIRL/LADY…IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD 😀 😀 😀 …AND THEN THERE WUZ’ U… 😆 😆 😆 HOPE LIFE HAS BEEN GOOD TO YA’…FOR SURE…U…DESERVE…NUTTIN’ BUT THE…D…BEST…WISHING …U..AND FAMILY…THE “FONDEST”…OF FOND WISHES 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE…P.S….AND DON’T GET NO “IDEAS”…U…CAN’T HAVE… OR BUY MY NOS/IN-BOX “SLINKY”…JUST YET!!! 😆 😆 😆

dennis63belv

Hello Drake [Mr.Vindicator],
                            That was very kind of you to compliment my family ,the way you did.My mother and father have passed since I saw you last but we go on.
                            I think YOU were the one that was responsible for getting CARMEL on the Race Track.You always had a project going.It was interesting.Your dad owned Carmel Ford and at my young age [back them] it was so cool to work for you, where all the excitement was.Hot Rods,Dragsters,a kids dream.I saw you about 6 years ago at your place of work .We both got a little grayer but other than that you havent changed a bit.I respected you way back when, and I respect you now.So thanks for putting Carmel on Dovers Drag Strip.

Sincerly,
                            Dennis Mayes

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DENNIS…U…AND YOUR FAMILY…ARE…AS IT “SAID”…TRULY SPECIAL…U…HARDLY NEED ME TO TELL ..U..THAT…I KNEW..YOUR MOM & DAD HAD PASSED AWAY..AND I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO “DEAL” WITH IT…MY FATHER DIED SIX YEARS AGO…NEVER REALLY FIGURED HOW DIFFICULT IT WOULD BE…TO NOT HAVE HIM YELLIN’ @ ME EVERYDAY 😆 😆 😆 …BUT AS U SAID…WE GO ON…BECAUSE…WE MUST…DO RECALL U WORKING WITH US FOR AWHILE…LITTLE DID WE “KNOW” THEN…WOT’ WE KNOW KNOW…’DEM’S WERE THE DAYS 😀 😀 😀 HEY…THINK THERE’S ANY CHANCE…MAYBE A “STATUE”(LIKE “ROCKY”) 😆 😆 😆 …DOWN BY THE LAKE…ALONG SIDE SYBIL LUDDINGTON (CARMEL “PIONEER” SPEED RACER!!)…COULD BE “ERECTED”??!!**…I WUZ’/AM A REAL LUCKY GUY…’COURSE CARMEL WAS SO MUCH MORE RURAL…THAT NOBODY…EVER GOT HURT…(WELL…MAYBE “HURT” FEELINGS)..BUT…U…GET THE…IDEA…THE GOOD NEWS IS…WE BOTH MAY BE GRAY FOR SURE (BUT WE..B..STRONG…LIKE BULL..(OR IS IT FULL OF “BULL”…U…CHOOSE!!) 😆 😆 😆 …BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE A LOT OF HAIR…NO SHINY DOMES…’EH 😆 😆 😆 …U…STAY WELL…AND KEEP THE SUNNYSIDE…UP 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE

revinkevn

Jeez, i grew up hearing the name “Vinny Ceasrine” over and over. I actually have been to the shop, I believe it was in Peekskill. I was a young guy and was fascinated with the parts washer he had. Whenever my father”Rudy” and Vinny weren’t looking I’d dip my hands in it. Lol-great to hear that name again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.