VINTAGE DRAG BIKES in Exhibition !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 8th Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2016 VINTAGE DRAG BIKES in Exhibition !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

JUST IN ….NEW ADDITION to The EVENT ! National Vintage Motorcycle Drag Racing Association NVMDRA, Based out of OHIO ,inviting all Northeast participants to attend.
        Riders and builders of vintage dragbikes will be making Exhibition Runs and Match Racing with their Kool Old Nostalgic Drag Bikes from the 50’s & 60’s https://www.facebook.com/vintagedragbikeracing/timeline

Attachments:

fastlane

Great News Dino. I Am The Person Responsible For Pushing These Folks To Come Out Here To Dragrace There Real Nostalgia Type DragBikes 😎 Nobody I Know Was Happy Seeing Snowmobiles And Anything Newer Like The Streetbikes That Kept Showing Up Each And Every Year In What Was / Is Supposed To Be At True Nostalgia Dragbike Only Class. So Before All Those 2016 Dover Dragstrip Nostalgia Dragrace Flyers And Posters Are Made Or Go Out. Would It Be Possible To Advertise The Motorcycle Class To Show A Cutoff Of Motorcycles That Are 30 Years And Older Only. Thanks FASTLANE 😀 A True Nostalgia Dragbike Competitior And Owner Of Three 1976 And Older Harley Dragbikes 😉

dino
            Keymaster

Chris…It’s specifically stated on Racer Info..NO STREET BIKES…And last 2 years NO OPEN Track Test & Tune…All Cars Must be entered in a DOVER Elim Or…Be with NETO-NENDRA or East Coast GASSERS> …We Will Have A Sign AT TECH lane stating those regulations No ‘Tuners-Imports-Street Bikes-snowmobiles-ATV’s. .OUR Bike ELIM >is For Drag Bikes Only…no year cutoff…that would cut out half of them…These Guys are not Running In Elim…unless they want to.Wayne said they’de do their own Exhibition Runs with Match races.They Jus comin to ‘play” .

fastlane

O.K. So Then I Guess My Question Would Be Do They Pay Just A Regular Racers 35 dollar Entry Fee ? Or Because There Exhibition Only Will There Be Any Or No Charge For Them To Race That Weekend ? Anytime There Were Exhibition Vehicles At The Dragstrip The Track Booked Them In And Paid Them From What I Remember. Not Saying That They Should Expect Or Recieve Any Funds 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

This Ain’t Dover…I don’t own the track, and don’t have Track budget like Dover Did and Lebanon does.If you remember …Dover charged more to Spectators for Special Events…Little History Here…If the Show-series or match race was high…the Spectator Gate Fee reflected that.Same For any Track.Lebanon’s “Night of Fire” cost big bucks …so the Spectator will pay to cover. All our groups come in with no charge to the track….Or Me,cause I ain;t got it. We have never have and will never raise Gate prices for The Dover Event and Wayne -the Track manager has agreed to charge the LOWEST race car/bike entry fee,that is his cheapest Test & Tune rate for our Race..Look at track schedule…you’ll see higher fees for different events.They Called and wanted to run..They’ll pay regular entry fee and go through regular Tech,Just Like NETO, Nendra & East Coast Gasser’s. First question I asked ,was “will All bikes pass NHRA tech? They said Yes,have done it many times before ,out in midwest. AND what do you need to attend….His Answer was> Nothing.They like the other groups can decide for themselves ,how they run their own program.I will, as a courtesy ,’take care of them’ in some form or fashion….That’ll be between Me and the Groups director.

fastlane

THANKS DINO. YEAH IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A GROUP OF OLD 2 WHEEL TIME WARP MACHINES THERE FOR THE TRUE NOSTALGIA FEEL. LIKE I FIRST SAID THEY WERE / MAKE THAT HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO HAVE A NORTHEAST MEET SINCE ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO. SO JUST TRYING TO HELP THEM ALONG I KEPT MAKING THE SUGGESTION / HINT FOR THEM TO COME OVER TO LEBANON VALLEY FOR THE LAST 3 OR SO YEARS. THERE WAS TALK OF A ISLAND DRAGWAY ALL OLD IRON DRAGBIKE MEET IN JERSEY WERE WE USED TO GO BUT I GUESS IT NEVER PANNED OUT. SO NOW WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHO OR HOW MANY SHOW UP RIGHT ! AS FAR AS THE EVENT IT SHOULD BE A LOT COOLER AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER FOR RUNNING UP THERE TOO O.K. HAVE A NICE DAY 😀 FASTLANE 😎

dino
                            Keymaster

They’re coming in from the Midwest ! …We’ll park ’em together in the grass area behind tower…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.