Vintage Outlaw Decal-New England Thruway !

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST Vintage Outlaw Decal-New England Thruway !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

OREGON- BRUCE H sent this . . . .
        I found old decals in my collection. My favorite is the “Route 95 Win decal” From when we ran at night on I-95 from the Playland Pky. north toward Portchester. circa. ’61,’62.
        Three cars would go to the exit just south of the Playland pky. get on northbound and gradually slow all three lanes to a stop at the pky exit/entrance. It was a two lane entrance with the cars (about 6 or 8) already lined up. A starter with a flag would run out on to I-95 and run the cars off and then get in a chase car. This all done around 10pm to midnight. Then go back to Steinbergs Burger joint at Playland to bench race and do it again !!

Bruce Hertel

Attachments:

don-kauer

Wow, I never thought I’d hear that name again…Steinbergs…Spent some nights there..I remember some of the names of the guys from Rye..Frank Tavolacci and Billy and Mike Cronin…55 Chev with a big block Olds and a Devin with a Chevy small block……Also Anthony DiCambio 57 J2 Olds…………….By the way I am in touch with Frank alot and he still has the Devin…….He hung out with Eno of EDP fame and they ran the Devin at Dover back in the day………..Don……

grover-dragct

steinbergs my other home opg playland parkway its like yesterday what do think john s
                any one ever see tom c and my old buick

john-sachs-sr
                Participant
                    quote Grover Dragct:

steinbergs my other home opg playland parkway its like yesterday what do think john s
                    any one ever see tom c and my old buick

Hell yeah……….
                    Tore up the streets,the place,had fun ,and won some money to boot……………….. 😎
                    Oh !!! and some women too.
                    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.