Wanted FED

Forums Forums "CLASSIFIEDS"-Buy & Sell stuff Wanted Wanted FED

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    masracingtd1167
    Participant

I am looking to restore an old front engine dragster would prefer old Dover car. I want to do it as it was originaly. If any one has any information put up a post or call me Billy Masiello 203 521 5822 thank’s

dino
        Keymaster

THE SEARCH IS ON……Locate Old DOVER RAIL for Billy!

billy-casey

Billy …NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING … are you going thru mid life again 😆 Billy

dino
                Keymaster

Casey…If an Orange 57 chevy ,showed up in your driveway …you ‘de be the same way. Hey guys …any help Here . I’ll bet if all 350 of us put our resources together …We’d Have A car in a couple of weeks Ready to race …..hmmmmmm gives me an idea …What if the Forum Members acted like a Car Club and BUILT …”the ODF TIME MACHINE” With all the junk in the collective garages , you could probably build two cars ! . 🙄 🙄 dreamin , I guess (350 X $25. =$8750 !) for stuff you had to buy ….if only 100 put up $100. that $10000.! power in numbers …………………….just thinkin out loud.

cyv
                        quote masracingtd1167:

I am looking to restore an old front engine dragster would prefer old Dover car. I want to do it as it was originaly. If any one has any information put up a post or call me Billy Masiello 203 521 5822 thank’s

It’s not an old Dover car, but I just looked at a nice FED in Stamford, CT. It was built in ’03 and it’s patterned after an old Gilmore digger. I was going to buy it, but my shoulders are too wide. I did buy the motor and trans out of it and he’s selling the roller. Definitely worth buying. Price is very nice.
                        His name is Roger and he can be reached at 917-763-7032. Tell him Cy sent you. The car is currently certified to 8.50, 206″ wheelbase, 9″ ford rear w/ 4.10, new slicks on alum.slots…very cool car!
                        I really think you’d like it.
                        There is plenty of headroom, a guy 6′ 1″ fit in it.

Cy

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Thank you for keeping me in mind .what I am really looking for is a period correct car something like the A and B speed shop or Brazee junior fueler . I already own a late model front motored dragster 03 Neil and Parks that I race now . Maby someone on the forum might be interested? To bad Digger Dave already bought a sissy car. Just kidding Dave!

digger

thanks billy

pacers-auto-inc
                                Participant

A friend of mine has a 1969 Woody Gilmore 178″ wheelbase chassis with Fiat Coupe Coupe body by Rod ‘n Race Fiberglass.

“Pinocchio” as it is called, was built as a tribute to all the comp coupes from the glory days of drag racing. Chassis will certify. Asking price also includes an enclosed digger trailer. See it here on the 2009 Holley National Hot Rod Reunion Cacklefest at Bowling Green Raceway Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28G6IW9kcys

Specs:
                                    350+ .040 SBC w/shorty Glide. Forged pistons, Carillo rods, Crower cam & kit, Weiand 6:71, Hilborn 4-port & pump set up for alky, Vertex mag, mini starter, 5 gal aluminum fuel tank, 2 5/8″ gauges, 8 3/4″ Mopar rear with spool, Hallibrand 15×8 wheels with M&H slicks, MW axles and disc brakes.

The body could easily come off and a simple digger body could be added. Everything is fresh. Only running time was at Hot Rod Reunion Cacklefest. No passes have been made at this time.

For more photos see: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=4363 or any Bowling Green thread.

Call him if interested -Rich Venza 678-765-0936.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.