Was That a Turkey Cackling?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Was That a Turkey Cackling?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    randy-fish

No sir . . . It was just the Yeakel Plymouth Special!

I was bored stiff from doing laundry all morning, so I blasted down Harbor Boulevard in the roadster this afternoon. I decided to go East on First Street in Santa Ana, to see if Kuhl was at the shop. Yep, he was, and so were Frankie Baney, Jimmy and Paul Rossi, and Chuck Goebel, checking out a few things on their beautifully restored (by Steve Davis) Yeakel Plymouth Special AA/FD, that McEwen used to drive. I’m personally attached to this thing, as I followed it’s resto for over two years and did a three-part story on it (the attached photo is from last week’s Night of Champions at the NHRA Museum).

Anyway, the boys thought it may have been too lean during the California Hot Rod Reunion last month, so Master Kuhl offered to tweak things a bit. Just after I pulled up, Frankie plugged the starter motor in place and it was Thanksgiving Cackle time! Man, it’s great to be a nitro-sniffing American.

Just like I thought when I was in the fourth grade in East Hartford, Connecticut . . . this place IS like Disneyland on nitro! Plus, I cruised right past the main gate of Disney both ways. Well, that’s my Saturday story, folks.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

thought Turkey’s gobble

storm-king

Wow, Randy, I stayed in Santa Ana at the radisson overlooking John Wayne Airport when we came out for the world finals! I’m not in the habit of buggin’ magazine editors just because I’m going to California; not even Koch. We built the carbon fiber bumper for Hot Rod’s project Montego when Jeff was editor there some years ago. He featured it on H.R. T.V.; said it was his favorite part on the whole car. I don’t know, I just know the stock bumper was 44 pounds and ours was one pound, eight ounces!

randy-fish
                    quote storm king:

Wow, Randy, I stayed in Santa Ana at the radisson overlooking John Wayne Airport when we came out for the world finals! I’m not in the habit of buggin’ magazine editors just because I’m going to California; not even Koch. We built the carbon fiber bumper for Hot Rod’s project Montego when Jeff was editor there some years ago. He featured it on H.R. T.V.; said it was his favorite part on the whole car. I don’t know, I just know the stock bumper was 44 pounds and ours was one pound, eight ounces!

Jeez, I understand, but it still would have been cool to meet you. I’ve got more photos from the Night of Champions. Maybe you’re in one of ’em!

Do you make any production peices, or are they all proprietary-type one-offs? I’m always looking for cool pieces for my “Bells & Whistles” (new product releases) section. Like I used to tell my first editor . . . I’m here to help ‘ya, not to hurt ‘ya.
                    Cheers . . .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.