Welcome Aboard Daryl Klassen

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Welcome Aboard Daryl Klassen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

litewheight just checked in from Canada…One of the former owners of Landys Hemi
        http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/ccrp_0810_1968_dodge_dart_hemi_nhra/viewall.html

Attachments:

liteweight

Thanx for the welcome Dino. Imagine my surprise when I went to introduce myself & found this post.
            How did you know my attachment to the Landy car???

Charlie Licata suggested I have a look at this forum as I’m trying to find the history of my current Hemi Dart previous to the early 80’s when Lou Vignonia owned it. Where would be the best place to start up a thread??

Here’s a couple shots of my current car

liteweight

It does get driven, even on the streets up here on a regular basis (when it’s together)

dino
            Keymaster

Lou Vignonia and his family are know to many here on the forum…Ok Guys Hit It . . . .Looks like job for Paul C. (except he’s missing in action)…oh “I’m Mr Connect the dots Here 😆 ….Dino

Heres the History He’s found so far:

“It seems it falls off the planet from 68 through to 1980??- 1982 era. The first known owner was Lou Vignonia who purchased the car in Mt. Kisco, NY. It was purchased from Lou by Tim Hennesey & restored in 1986. Tim sold it in 1990? & went through several owners<<<???????? till I aquired it in 2001.”

……”see what Mean Daryl “?

liteweight

“Gramdog1 wrote:
                    On bottom of door lettering reads”Super Crew-Ron-Tony-Billy”. Gramdog is Ron,Tony is Tony DiVito(Gramdog’s bro-in-law),I don’t recall Billy’s last name.
                    At the races at Island Tony asked about Charlie’s ’68 Dart. I told him it went to the Vignoia’s. Tony,who lives in Hopewell Junction and knew Louie very well said the Dart that Lou had did not have any of the tritanium parts that he and I helped to install. Maybe Charlie Licata has some input on this.”

I did a search for some Castaldo info here & came up with the above post from Gramdog1.
                    It seems that Tony DiVito looked at my car while lou owned it. He might be able to get me some much needed info
                    Any way of getting in contact with Tony ??? Gramdog ( Ron)???

Here’s a picture of my car in about 1985 when Lou sold it

liteweight

clicata

Daryl when Charlie sold his car to Ralp Costello it had a pro/stock scoop using the original hood Charlie L

dino
                        Keymaster

Big D…You can be our Canadian rep along with our author freind…How far are you from Lebanon…Got any Cruise-Show Club contacts we can spread the news about our 5th Annual Nostalgia Drags ? Oh- whats the popular websites & Car publications up there?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.