What kind of 60’s tire is this?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION What kind of 60’s tire is this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    66batmobile
    Participant

Since you all have been around so many Hot Rods and cars from the 60’s I thought I’d ask what type of tire this was? I heard it’s a Mickey Thompson, but haven’t seen a tread pattern like this before. Typically would this type of tire be used for Hot Rods/street racers or smething else?
        Would be curious to hear your thoughts.
        Thanks in advance.

don-kauer

Is this a joke? 🙄

pauljbayarinas

nabisco used them to make cookies 😆

don-kauer

Good one Paul 😆 😆 😆

66batmobile
                    Participant

Joke…no. I’m just curious to know.

mikey

There must be a name on the sidewall, but it must be a special purpose tire. For which Batmobile?? Never saw a tread patern like that before, reminds me of them little wafer cookies with the sugar icing inside. ………….Mikey 😆

bossguy

Looks like the footprint of the american chicken to me 😀

mikey
                                    quote bossguy:

Looks like the footprint of the american chicken to me 😀

You could be correct, some upside down, and some right side up!! 😆 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

Its a retread from the Bat Cave launch ramp…made from recycled burn out marks when the caped crusader hit the nitrous button.,,,,we’re getting as sarcastic as the Hamb guys.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Oh ….I get it now !…ANTI PEACE Protest Pattern -By ‘Students for the War” movement….Peace Sign in kind of a Stop sign shape ….Get It? 😆

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Its a retread from the Bat Cave launch ramp…made from recycled burn out marks when the caped crusader hit the nitrous button.,,,,we’re getting as sarcastic as the Hamb guys.

just for kicks I’m posting it over there….should be fun Or someone might actually know.

randy-fish

Not sure, but that might be an early version of the Inglewood Posatraction, produced in Inglewood, California. In the late ’60s, I had a set of Inglewoods on my ’64 Tempest, but mine had a more standard type tread pattern.

66batmobile
                                                    Participant

Thanks Dino and Randy. The picture is from 1965 and was the #1 Batmobile’s rim/tire.

paul-ceasrine

Now these are the questions I like……..
                                                            Those baby’s are Mickey Thompson’s with the ‘Mercede’s symbol detail tires’.
                                                            Very dangerous in the rain, but would leave ‘beautiful’ burn-out marks on the asphalt pavement.
                                                            Of course, they look nice on 5-spoke ‘Rader’ cast-alloy wheels.

Next question,,What tires came on Grampa’s ‘DRAGULA’ coffin short-framed rail?????
                                                            Paul,
                                                            Hurry up, ‘I Dream of Jeannie’ is on TV-Land

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Paul I Did same post At the Hamb…got some interesting responses SO I added your wit & Wisdom.

“Batboy”, looky here Too ! —————> http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5299863&posted=1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.