WHERE IS original STORM KING ?

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR WHERE IS original STORM KING ?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jackman
    Participant

I missed something . where is there a Plymouth with a Chevy motor 😕 ?

jackman
        Participant
            quote storm king:

We may be getting waaay off topic here, but we had some spirited drives across “Rock Cut Road”, from Newburgh out to Modena. I had a factory ’69 383 Dart GTS (B5 blue), and Bill had the ‘Bird. We’d turn onto Rock Cut, sinch the seat belts (remember when you could do that?) and I remember even putting my helmet on a time or two, and we’d flat hammer them all the way out. I don’t remember how many miles that was, but what a blast! I always thought the Dart did a respectable job hanging with the ‘Bird.

Yes the topic has drifted but this cool stuff 😎 😎 , you guys had the Mopars wow and a big block Dart too your mention of Rock Cut roads reminds me of a totaled out Sub Lime Challenger T/A that I bought it was on Forest drive which is off of Rock Cut near the intersection of rt 32 , the owners last name was Todd she was from Cornwall and lived on Rose Hill Dr off of Willow ave her boyfriend and then husband wrecked the car in 74 or 76 I got the car in 85 it was junk but I wanted the T/A goodies for my R/T , just had to have that fiberglass pin down hood with matching air cleaner 😎 ………

storm-king-2

The guy in Tenn that I sold my Pro/Stock Duster to, less engine, trans, wheels & tires, put a small block chevy in it. The story is in one of the other posts. I was in Nashville today but had no luck finding him. I got his address & phone # off internet but the # was disconnected,
                and it was the wrong address for the shop. I stopped in an Auto Zone near where it used to be, they remembered him. Said he went broke trying to keep the chevy together & make it go fast too. I’ll keep trying, have some other ideas of how to find him. I mean, its only been 36 years, how far could he have gone?
                Bill

jackman
                Participant

I saw a real nice Challenger Funny car years back at the Dutchess fair grounds they lifted the body and there sat a BB Chebby 😯 😯 🙄 ……….

storm-king

Pathetic, isn’t it? There’s a pretty good chassis builder in the Tulsa area that had a real nice looking Mitsubishi Challenger (you can find pics of it on Moparstyle if you ask around).
                        Anyway; first time I saw it I stopped to talk to him and saw it had a BBC in it. I asked him why, and he say’s well, if it breaks and we’re at a division race, there’s lot’s of guy with spare parts we can borrow from. I said, “did it ever occur to you that if you ran a Mopar in it, it wouldn’t break? They just looked at me quizingly. The good news is that the car was sold to a guy in Arizona, who put a big block Mopar in it.

jackman
                        Participant

How about the Storm King Duster what ever happen to it? I was down in Cornwall today Scoping out a Hemi Duster that I spotted about 8 years ago , the Duster is gone now but could it have been the Storm King Duster?????? BTW I never actually saw the Hemi but it was lettered as a Hemi and had the appearance of a well put together car I would not doubt there was indeed a Hemi in there………

dino
                            Keymaster

Too Much Info Here to List, Jackman…All Here …Put SMRTIC in search And Look out !

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=240&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=smrtic

……THIS IS GOOD—–> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1555&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=smrtic

Bill Smrtic on Here : Storm King 2….Gary Smrtic : Storm King

storm-king

Bill’s on his way to Waco, Texas to do some aircraft work this week. Because we have to take our specialized equipment, he’s driving there. (One very long day’s drive) Then he’s swinging throgh Tulsa, Ok. to do some prototyping work for one of our NHRA pro stock motorcycle team’s. So he’s gone this week and I don’t know if he took his ‘puter with him.
                                    To answer Jackman’s question, that most likely was NOT the Storm King Pro Stock Duster.
                                    That car was sold to a guy in the Nashville, Tn area named Don Ford back in the ’70’s. So follow me here, Don Ford bought the Plymouth Duster and put a small block Chevy in it.
                                    He said he’d never sell the car, and Bill has ust recently begun to look for him again. His phone has been changed, and it looks like his business has very recently closed. But Bill’s on the hunt.
                                    We know Don cut the front end off the car almost as soon as he bought it and put a Chevy clip up there. That’s what I’d do, buy a rce car that goes straight and cut it up to put stock Chevy stuff on it. Wouldn’t you? 🙄
                                    So for right now, where it is and who owns it is not known.

jackman
                                    Participant

Hey Gary thanks I had your old Duster on mind all day yesterday and total forgot that Bill had already posted in this thread that the car went south and got a Chebby stuck under the hood , what are the odds of a Hemi Duster in Cornwall slim at best to nun at all ,,,,,,,,so I had a brain glitch and thought wow that must be the old Storm King Duster 😳 ,,,,,,, it was a fun day anyway as I don’t go down that way much anymore……….

mikey

Just for the hell of it ,I Googled “locate Hemi Dusters”, and all kinds of stuff came up. Maybe something could be found through that link.?.? 😯 😮 Might be worth a peek……………..Mikey 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.