WHITE LIGHTNING BB/F first dover rear engine rail?

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR WHITE LIGHTNING BB/F first dover rear engine rail?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote digger dave:

it was built in california at a college as a project, i first drove it for rick arnold from newtown ct. it was originally blown and injected on nitro, 4-71 gmc and two port hilborn injection. we had the only roller cams built for a corvair, we had two sets made by chet herbert. the heads were custom made and only fit this car as was the intake. the blower was chain driven. it would rev over 13000 rpm. we had a tach out of a helcopter,it was the only tach we could find that read that high. it weighed less than a 1000 lbs. it had a full belly pan and sometimes thought it was an airplane.also it was a 3 speed standard shifted by hand. we had a robbery at my speed shop and they took the blower and manifold, we put a larger engine in it and ran it as a d/ dragster with an automatic trans

Interesting college project…

What does 13,000 blown RPM on nitro sound like…???

How many cubic inches…

What kind of time slips did you collect…?

Where is it now… it should be in a museum display.

3:44AM 😯 don’t you ever sleep?…edit-dino

vbob
        Participant

Hey, when upstairs I found this puppy!!
            Could this be the first ????
            ‘V’Bob

Attachments:

anonymous
                quote Maso:

quote digger dave:

it was built in california at a college as a project, i first drove it for rick arnold from newtown ct. it was originally blown and injected on nitro, 4-71 gmc and two port hilborn injection. we had the only roller cams built for a corvair, we had two sets made by chet herbert. the heads were custom made and only fit this car as was the intake. the blower was chain driven. it would rev over 13000 rpm. we had a tach out of a helcopter,it was the only tach we could find that read that high. it weighed less than a 1000 lbs. it had a full belly pan and sometimes thought it was an airplane.also it was a 3 speed standard shifted by hand. we had a robbery at my speed shop and they took the blower and manifold, we put a larger engine in it and ran it as a d/ dragster with an automatic trans

Interesting college project…

What does 13,000 blown RPM on nitro sound like…???

How many cubic inches…

What kind of time slips did you collect…?

Where is it now… it should be in a museum display.

3:44AM 😯 don’t you ever sleep?…edit-dino

vbob
                Participant

Hey, so which came first, the red car or white???

‘V’Bob

vbob
                    Participant

Hey, one more rear engine car from the attic stash!!!

‘V’Bob

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

“V-BOB”… you holding out on us ! you always find “something More”….Do your prints have the month & year on the border?…we ought to see that. Getting so, I might have to have you, ship the whole “Attic stash ” to us to scan ,edit and load ” Already here …looks like a magizine article about “Early Rear engine Dragsters “! ANYBODY ADD info on Bobs great saves? Owner-motor-driver- city-st.-times -club affiliation.?…Need for Chapter II of history Page.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.