WILL MARCUS CLOSE UP ?

Forums Forums DANBURY DOVER REUNION News / Notes / Photos WILL MARCUS CLOSE UP ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heard a bunch of rumors …Didn’t find any official announcements anywhere….So Called “the Man With The Plan” Mark ‘Smokey’ Mastrianni. THE Guy that Runs the Marcus Cruise Night and Danbury Dover Reunion with Grover. He confirmed that 40 employees have been given notice .No more jobs as of Nov.1st….And that the Dairy Bar-Restaurant will close by Dec and the buildings are slated for demolition around Jan-Feb. His own son Mark jr. will be loosing hs job of many years there. Other than that …he has no other info as to future plans to rebuild or what the Marcus family have as plans.It appears They Don’t even know. They Are scouting out a couple of promising replacement locations If there isn’t a Marcus available for 2011. We’ll relate any news as it becomes available .That’s all anybody knows for now.

dino
        Keymaster

This info WAS circulating At the Seasons Scheduled last cruise last sat. So everybody decided to put on a spectaclar Burn Out show.”What the heck …they can’t kick us out if it’s not here anymore “? Some say smoke went up 30 feet with a laser show !…Well, Fat lady ain’t sung yet and it might be back! “…don’t think they took names 😎

anthonyc

Smokey knows I have all the plate #’s just in case he wants to throw them out next year ! LOL! LOL!

dover1320

jUST LIKE Dover nothing last forever very sad ! Brian

fastlane

I MYSELF DID NOT MAKE IT THERE ON SATURDAY NITE FOR THE LAST BLAST . WITH THE WINDS GUSTING TO 40+M.P.H. SINCE FRIDAY AND THE COLD TEMPS I WAS NOT SURE ANYBODY EVEN BOTHERED TO GO THERE AT ALL . BUT TO MY SURPRISE YESTERDAY MORNING I ARRIVED TO HAVE BREAKFEST WITH THE DIE HARD SUNDAY MORNING BIKER CROWD AROUND 9 .A.M. AND TO TALKED WITH A FRIEND WHO WAS THERE AND SAID THEY CAME IN AND WENT OUT WITH SMOKEYS EVERYWHERE AS HE POINTED OUT TO ME ON SUGAR HOLLOW ROAD ALL THE BLACK TIRE MARKS THAT WERE LEFT FROM THE BURN OUTS UP IN FRONT WITH SOME LONG SQUIRLLY AND CIRCULAR TYPE OF BLACK ROAD MARKINGS TOO. I WILL STILL TRAVEL UP THERE ON MY HARLEY DRESSER ON SUNDAY MORNINGS TILL IT EITHER SNOWS OR GETS WAY TO COLD IN THE MORNING AROUND EARLY DECEMBER OR BEFORE LATE INTO THE MONTH BEFORE JANUARY 1ST. IF THESE WORKERS ARE GONE BEFORE THEN I WILL POST ANYTHING I HEAR ABOUT THE PLACE ITSELF AS I KNOW THE FAMILY MARCUS PRETTY WELL ALSO AFTER GOING THERE SINCE AROUND 1979 SOME 30 YEARS AGO. SMOKEY SAID TO ME THAT THEY WERE LOOKING AT A SPOT THOUGH IN DANBURY SOMEWHERE TO CONTINUE ON THE CRUISES FOR NEXT SEASON WHICH FOR NOW IS A LONG WAY OFF UNTIL MAY OF NEXT YEAR TOO. FASTLANE 😥

anthonyc

Heres some pics form the last cruise

Heres one with us and Smokey and Grover ,thanks fellas for the best and biggest cruise night in the whole area it was always great !!

dino
                            Keymaster

Thought I’d ‘tweek the nice photos a bit

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Any News ? haven’t heard anything ,except a rumor ,some Grocery Store is going to build there. But source wasn’t that sure …’Just Heard’ ?

fastlane

I WENT UP THIS PAST SUNDAY MORNING . SITUATION WAS AS PREVIOUS POSTING AT TOP ALL OUTSIDE DAIRY WORKERS / DRIVERS LAST DAY IS THIS MONDAY NOVEMBER 1ST . ALL OTHERS GALS WORKING INSIDE WAITRESS’S COOKS ETC. LAST DAY IS ON DEC 31ST BEFORE THERE SEND OFF . THEN ON TO THE DEMO OF BUILDINGS AFTER FIRST OF NEXT YEAR. IT WAS ALSO OLD MAN JACK MARCUS GRANDPAS BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY TOO. HE JUST TURNED A COOL 95 YEARS YOUNG . WHAT ELSE CAN YOU SAY EXCEPT ” GOT MILK ” AND WHAT A RUN AT THIS PLACE HE MADE OF IT STARTING OUT OVER SOME 70 YEARS AGO . GOD BLESS THEE OLD MAN . I WILL KEEP US ALL INFORMED IN HERE OF ANY MORE UPDATES AS THEY COME IN UNTIL CLOSING TIME FOR THEM AS WHAT WILL HAPPEN UP THERE AS FAR AS IF THERE WILL BE ROOM FOR ANY MORE CRUISING FOR THE BIKE GUYS FOR SUNDAY GET TOGETHERS AND OF COURSE THE MARCUS ” SATURDAY NITE LIVE ” CAR SHOW WITH SMOKEY AND GROVE AND THE FAMILY D.R.A.G FOLKS . I HEARD LOTS OF TALKIN GOING ON WITH BOTH WORRYED AND SAD FACES THERE ALL WONDERING ABOUT WHERE THEY WERE GOING TO IF THIS DOES NOT COME TOGETHER BY THE SPRING OF 2011 AS I HUNG OUT THERE TILL AROUND 11:00 A.M. THEN WENT OF TO A CONNECTICUT CRUISE NEWS / DON CLADY ANNUAL FOOD DRIVE AND TOY RUN UP IN THOMASTON AT SMILEYS HOT DOG SHACK OFF RT. 8 . SOOO TILL NEXT TIME. LATER GUYS AND GALS SEE YA ! 😀 FASTLANE

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…. my two cents worth is that Smokey and Grover will find some place else just like we have found places to have the race …. “SOMEBODY” “WANTS” the reunion 😀 …… number 21 coming up 😀 and remember “21” WINS ❗

smokey-dragct
                                            Participant

hi tomato just checked your message not on every day there will be no more cruiseing at marcus as far as we know. yes we are working on the 21st. thanks for your concern.
                                                smokey and grover

tomatohead
                                                Participant

…….. Yes 😀 thats what I meant , like the Dover Race somebody wants your show ,I am very sure of it , all of a suddenin and ,”BAM” and yull have a place 😀 ❗ and then well all load up the cars and bring em over ❗ see you there ❗

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……. Smokey …. Grover , what about over at the airport ❓ any room over there ❓ its just a thuoght

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Mater…You have a point that with the Smokey-Grover Cruise History…It’s only a matter of time ,that not only will they find a new spot, BUT smart location owners will WANT them to ‘move the show” to their place.

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

….. thank you 😉 they are “PROVEN WINNERS ❗ ” …………… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.