YOUR DOVER EXPERIENCES WANTED

Forums Forums Original DOVER RACERS "BIO’s" YOUR DOVER EXPERIENCES WANTED

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

THIS is the Forum Topic to Fill Us In on your Racing History, experiences and recollections Of Dover…Your First Time…Your First Race Car…Funny stuff that Happened …SHARE your Stories .

patina
        Participant

I don’t have one particular experience, just that from 62 through 65 was a great time to be a kid hanging out with the big guys. I would steer the MG back down the return road after each run, nobody else in my school or neighborhood did that. I had on Jack Merkel, Racer Brown T-shirts just like the guys who raced. All of the racers I’ve seen from Malcom Durham. Ronnie Sox, Phil Bonner all match racing. Ron Abbott in “Hellzapoppin” the A & B Jr. fueler. And one of my favorites Billy Lagana with “Locomotion” 63 Chevy sponsored by Oak Hill Chevrolet. My father and uncle bought new cars from them and I went to pick up the new 63 Impala my father bought and in the show room where trophies that Lagana won lining the walls. Those were really good times. Now I have the car and race it to honor all those who made it possible for me to do this.

Pat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.