1964 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? 1964 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    twade64

Hello to all. Not sure if this is the right place to be looking, But I’ll give it a shot. I’m looking for any information on a 1964 Plymouth Hemi lightweight called Satellite, that supposedly raced at Dover. I havn’t found any evidence that it ever did other than what a few people have told me.
        The car was owned and driven by Harold LaPlatte. He bought it new in ’64 and raced it on the east coast through ’66. The it was put into a garage until his passing in ’07. Now it sits in my garage. Looking for any photos, articles or video of the car, doesn’t have to be Dover, it can be from anywhere.
        The car ran out of Dover, New Jersey. Harold owned Triangle Transmission and Triangle Performance. The car also ran under the name of “Trangle Satellite. The car was white with 24” red letters on the door that said Satellite. It was sponsored by Ferriero Motors of Parsippanny, NJ for 1964 and numbered 55 on the front fender.
        I would also like to hear any stories or memories any of you may have of the car.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster
            storm-king

I never saw that car at Dover.
                Probably more likely to find it ran at Island…

dino
                Keymaster

That Photo IS dover he posted

twade64

Dino, you said the photo I posted was at Dover. John Durand told me it was taken at Island in August of ’64. Now I look at it closer and it is definitely not Island. What year did Dover have a tree. Thanks for the info.

dino
                        Keymaster

Thats Als “Doghouse in the background and the Light beam sources are Dovers. The first short Tree was in 62…Still had a flagman.The big homebuilt Tree came in ’64 .Then A REAL Chrondek Tree was installed in ’74

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

Not Dover look where the dog house is it’s not in the middle of the track!Dino are you sure you don’t take drug’s anymore LOL

dino
                                Keymaster

I was wondering about that …but the house in the distance looks right.And How many tracks had a structure Just like ours?

patina
                                    Participant

I would say it’s NOT Dover the “doghouse” is on the other side of the left lane and from that angle the old hot pits would be in the direction of that house. I don’t remember a house in that area. But then again I wasn’t there when the “doghouse was there.

Pat

hvy70ss
                                        Participant

OK here’s my .02. It’s not Dover, it’s Island. Look at the backround…mountains are higher. The dead giveaway, thats Kowalicks house on the hill. Still there today. If you look at some other Dover pics from that angle the house across the street is at a lower elevation. Being he was from Dover NJ, Island probably was his local track….right down the road.

Bobby Smith

dino
                                            Keymaster

Smitty …your right….theres no bleachers either …right where That Doghouse is.

twade64

HVY70SS is right. It is Kowalicks house in the background. The thing that screwed me up was the dog house. It is definitely Island. Thanks for the input. Now, does anybody have any pics or articles about this car. Thanks alot.

jimi-vignogna

harolds son has that car in florida.

twade64

I am Harolds son, and I have the car in NJ.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

HEY ……Take some photos for the Dover Dudes scattered all over the world!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.