1964 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? 1964 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine
        quote twade64:

Hello to all. Not sure if this is the right place to be looking, But I’ll give it a shot. I’m looking for any information on a 1964 Plymouth Hemi lightweight called Satellite, that supposedly raced at Dover. I havn’t found any evidence that it ever did other than what a few people have told me.
        The car was owned and driven by Harold LaPlatte. He bought it new in ’64 and raced it on the east coast through ’66. The it was put into a garage until his passing in ’07. Now it sits in my garage. Looking for any photos, articles or video of the car, doesn’t have to be Dover, it can be from anywhere.
        The car ran out of Dover, New Jersey. Harold owned Triangle Transmission and Triangle Performance. The car also ran under the name of “Trangle Satellite. The car was white with 24” red letters on the door that said Satellite. It was sponsored by Ferriero Motors of Parsippanny, NJ for 1964 and numbered 55 on the front fender.
        I would also like to hear any stories or memories any of you may have of the car.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dover Drag Strip never had a starting line with dual-stripes.

At least ‘not’ that close together.

By the way……… Ferriero Motors (Plymouth) Route 46, Parsippany, New Jersey

Check the 1965 Super/Stock Magazine Nationals at York US 30 Dragway,

Paulie……….. ➡

storm-king

This is fun!

dino
            Keymaster
                quote dinotheweirdo:

That Photo IS dover he posted

Right Storm…and the “doghouse” is in wrong position…..Paulies Back with his ‘specs”!

paul-ceasrine

Now to search for this Harold LaPlatte – 1964 Hemi Belvedere ‘Lightweight’ “Satellite”

Never saw it at Dover.

Will look into South Glens Falls Drag Strip, as they had several good S/S and A/FX Meets in 1964 – 1965 – 1966.

mikey

Bobby, you are correct. I made the same mistake when I posted a picture of my old Nova Gasser. Thought it was Dover, but it was Island. ………….Mikey 😆

Yup, that’s the picture. 😮 😯

Attachments:

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.