2008 REUNION REPORT & PHOTOS

Forums Forums DANBURY DOVER REUNION News / Notes / Photos 2008 REUNION REPORT & PHOTOS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

POST THEM HERE WHEN you get them guys (Plan ahead I always say) we’ll take a few here …see next message :

dino
        Keymaster

‘Video’ BOB and some others have promised full coverage gallerys with cd’s being sent. SOOOOOOOOOOO …we’re going to add a page : “Reunion Gallery 2008” and rename the exsisting Reunion Gallery 2007 . that’ll work. 😎 THIS heading WILL stay with YOUR notes & comments from Attending.

dino
            Keymaster

FIRST REPORTS IN …..11:15 am -sun.aug 31…. Just talked via Cell Phone to Dover Guys at event : “Brian M.” , Historian, has his Display in full swing and was just talking to someone that painted all Tom Iorizzo’s cars at Fenimore Auto Body. Also talked to Skip North “The Norseman Chopper”, Chris Swift (The last Track Manager), “Video Bob” reports he’s on his second battery in digital camera, and Billy Masiello checked in saying hi (His Front Motor dragster on display). Initial reaction is Record Turnout with many New cars and tons of people!!!
                Will be updating throught the day from my Online monitoring ‘headquarters’. 😆

dino
                Keymaster

SAME DAY COVERAGE UPDATE!!!…12:45…JUST TALKED TO THE CROWD via cell phone on ‘speakerphone’ held to PA Mike..and it worked !.. Gave a good old shout “Attention in the Pits and other parts of your body” to a public gathering for the first time in 36 YEARS ! 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯
                    And of course did the old “Call to the staging lanes request” , told everyone to give Smokey and Grover a hug for me 😆 Felt like the good old days….. ….. 😥
                    wow …takes me back… …. ….
                    more later Dino (reflecting in N.C.) Kick myself in butt for not being there ..next time

anonymous

Hi Guys,
                        Just got back from my first Dover Reunion. What a good job they did of putting this together, very nice. Spoke to Smokey and he told me this will be the last one at Marcus Dairy. Met at lot of real nice people from back when and had a good time. Brain M. had some photo’s of me in his big collection from Dover. I took a few pictues for you guys,but don’t know how to attach them, but I will try.

Andy Panessa

[Dino here with Photo Post Help]: You save your photo in a file on computer, or plug your camera in… then when you post a new topic or reply …scroll down the compose message page ; See browse > click on after you’ve opened your photo file ..It should show up there, then hit the ‘Add the File ‘button. It shoud load …and make sure you preview befor submitting to see if your file size isn’t too big. Hope that helps.

dino
                        Keymaster

guess everybody slept late today ? burned out from the Show. We’ve got plenty off photos promised..got to wait for the good ole U.S.Mail to get the monster CD to us…….Reminds me of waiting for the track clean-up crew – Ugh

here’s some quick notes…Big Moe Deluge made it (He Ran DEBS), Al the Starters Daughter was a there for first time ( Tear in her eye-when her dad was mentioned in my recreated ‘welcome to Dover’ over PA)…old Chickery & Hamp S/S, pulled out of a barn still with old letttering….Ground shook and people amazed as Paul B. fired up the 34 Willys and inloaded the blown big block NETO racer.

Hey Guys …Check in with your Reunion Comments !

dino
                            Keymaster

Kathy Masiello Sent This E-mail:

Dino,
                                We had a great time at the reunion yesterday. We saw alot of people and had alot of fun. We really missed you!! Wendy Swift said ” it would have been so much better with Dino here”. You have done so much work for the reunion and website and we really appreciate it. Billy has been having THE BEST time playing with the computer and is trying to get old folks like Bobby LaRegina to use the computer

Thanks Again Kathy

edit-dino

dover1320

The show was great but when Dino rallied the troops he put it over the top and thanks to Video Bob for putting that together. The FTA members were great to see and Chris Swift cool guy we’ll stay in touch with him . Nobody could miss the 34 Willys. THE pictures brought everyone back many times I was busy from 7am to 4pm. I was shot by the time I got home. My favorite car was BOB Krosky’s 68 bird ‘ Breakaway’. FTA club was the best of all them from Dover and most creative.Who saw Tink Schaefer? well, he was there too “Bewitched” the baddest 55 chevy on the f@#*’ing planet I’ll be back later with more. Brian THE Historian.

bobby-s

Dino
                                        I posted some of the pictures from the reunion in the “PHOTO” sction on the forum. Did it last night, maybe you have THE POWER 🙂 to move them into this section if needed.

[Did It BOB ! Nice shots !-edit Dino}

The complete disc is on the way in snail-mail.
                                        Hope everyone enjoys these till all the pictures from everyone else gets put together.
                                        Bobby Schlegel

lil-thunder-kid

Hi All!
                                            Lil thunder kid checking in, the reunion was really great! Dad (Joe Walko) was thrilled to get the T-Shirt and window decal. I have LOTS of photos, maybe 100….. Perhaps I’ll tease here and upload or snail mail. DINO< jump in and advise your preference.
                                            I brought dad’s photo album and his old Danbury Modifiers license placque. The
                                            E TEE ZER photos were a hit I also brought my old SIZE 4T pit crew shirt from 1969.
                                            Dino, it was great that you called in, you sounded great!
                                            here’s a couple of shots with many more to follow.
                                            Kris

Attachments:

lil-thunder-kid

More photos!
                                                Kris

Attachments:

lil-thunder-kid

still more! What a great day it was!
                                                    Kris

Attachments:

lil-thunder-kid

Enjoy!

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

KRIS ! Great work….you post ’em perfect…just keep them coming .Unless you have 30 or more ,then a cd sent would be better. Thanks…nice close-ups and style ….but you are a Pro …See Kris’ work at her website http://www.kristinestewart.com/

dino
                                                            Keymaster

“GROVER ” Left a message on the shop phone machine thanking me for all the help AND said he’s ‘sending me something’ in themail. hmmmmm ❓

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.