2014 Event T-Shirt Design

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 6th Annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags 2014 2014 Event T-Shirt Design

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

I’m finally giving in to requests &’trends’ of events like ours, and going with a black shirt this year …all together…’YAY” ! doesn’t cost any more just a little tricky in the art set-up dept. But no problem…..Now what to show ,what to show….Suggestions welcome …went the route for a few years showing Dover Legendary cars, then last year a “slice of History” shot of Bad News & the Little Giant…..Got a “good” idea? -post it here .Logo of course with the date ,etc.and always include our current sponsors.Oh …Last years shirt available at the store page.Was thinking of a ‘collage’ of Dover “visual”s…A ticket-a pit pass-the old sign-Trophy- bumper sticker-Win Decal-posters – famous car names the same way they were lettered …. kinda a collection of things ‘we call Dover”, all in an old timy ‘vintage’ setting.

SIDE NOTE : All Eliminator Winners Will Get a “ELIMINATOR Winner JACKET” !

SIDE NOTE 2: If you didn’t Get A Competitor Decal Last year (they were at the sign in- table at tech)…Send a stamped self addressed envelope and I’l Shot one out to you….Carolina Signworks, 704 S.Hancock St. ,Rockingham,N.C. 29379.

dino
        Keymaster

Testing Testing….Is this thing on ….I said: ” Got a “good” idea? -post it here .Logo of course with the date ,etc.& always include our current sponsors “

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Dino, I’m throwing this into the mix. I know you have used his car on previous t-shirts,
                but Sat. August 9th. is Billy Casey’s birthday. He would have been 68 years old. He is a
                Dover icon. Maybe you could incorporate that into part of the shirt’s design? Just a
                thought……ty

Frank… 😎

dino
                Keymaster

FRANK…that’s what I’m talkin about! only this time I show ‘his’ favorite Pumpkin …the Camaro. Might ‘resurrect some of the first years cars…they were so good.

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Got my vote for Bill’s 69 Camaro…that’s the inspiration for my Chevelle’s color. 😀

Bobby Smith

dino
                        Keymaster

Ok …moving along with design ideas. Black Shirt with Some cars we all know and I’m adding a Collage of memorable names of cars and drivers all mixed together . So Far on the list:
                            Lagana ,Burgess ,Moroso, Hoffman, Skip North, Smokey & Grover, Egloff, Bows, Brazee Bros. & Sabis, Twistin Tex, Mone, Valentine, Viscome, Addesso, Terenzio, Shott Bros, Morehead ,Gunn, Smrtic , Abbott, Grady & Gommi, Prout, Noyes, Castaldo, ….who’d I leave out…..? Car Names….To match Drivers names ,like Black Arrow, Little Giant ,Bad News, Beeline, …Etc. where they apply. Kind a like those ‘graduation t-shirts ya see with all the class members. Understand ,we can’t put everybody on it or it would be the size of a tent…so ‘kinda’ the famous ones. AND…some of the old speed shop logos.

dino
                            Keymaster

“….who’d I leave out”…lets see how many read this and can reply to help me out.

patina
                                Participant

John Galli from Westchester Automotive, Paul Giachetti from Westchester Service, to name a couple. I got to go now down to My Garage and get my Baby Torque wrench and help Willie the Welder and Dave Daly tighten up their nuts 😆 😆 😆

Pat

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Kevin Dunn,Al Oakes,BIG MOE DeLage!

‘V’

babycakes
                                        Participant

HEY!!! Don’t forget Leroy Caple at the ‘Snack Shack’! Almost like a ‘mascot’ at Dover…every week he was there to serve you!!!

dino
                                            Keymaster

requests coming in…Dickie Doyle(Blown Hearse)…Sandy & the Outlaws..Danbury Modifiers…DraginRuns….Chariots… other clubs and Speed Shops. …Don Gallant!… Scinto… House Of Speed… oh just a bunch!

anthonyc

Heres my 2 cents,put a majority of the design on the BACK of the shirt,and a smaller logo/design on the left breast,you’ll sell more shirts that way.All that screen printing makes you sweat. Just my opinion.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Use Right Guard. 😀 …Nascar, NHRA, Goodguys and most event shirts always promote the message on the front…Face to face contact. Been doing shirt design since the 60’s and follow accepted industry trends and procedures. Your idea good for a Club shirt or uniform ,where workers back is to viewer. Besides…Our title Sponsor is Showcased on the back in return for their support .Been thisway since 2009 and even way back in the 80’s for the Sycamore Summer Cruise Shirts I designed….don’t plan on changing now.

woodysloat

Dino, Would you consider Joe Kenney or Pat Hennebery for your T-Shirt Design?

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Good Idea Woody…So Many Cars… so Many names …really would need a 4X8 to include Everybody…so we ‘mix’ it up each year…why a collage of names will be smaller per name and get more in .Also using a new print process …There’s Good -bad and cheap-don’t last …but we’re trying a new (actually Old technique) that even gives a vintage look to the print and cuts down on ink layers .FYI…most New shirts use a really not good, for longevity process, to Get it Done ‘Cheap & Fast” . Working on mock-ups now and will post my progress soon…Why I’m here working on sunday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.