64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

Very Nice ❗ if I do say so myself 😀 ………………………….tomato ❗

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

I have watched from the Wings at all of Johns projects. John Is a dear friend ,We “know” each other well , from my selling him my 40 ford in the 60’s,through the Dover , Sycamore and Danbury Stock car days. He’s a special guy ,with a real knack for “knowing” people, and my life has greatly been influenced by his always having the right thing to say ,when I needed it. His automotive creations are a inspiration to us who love the cars ,and the Dover memories. Job Well Done ‘Shimer’…can’t wait til you report that “run on the Bridge” with the headers open…..Frankie will like that ,he’ll hear it and see your smile .

billy-casey

WOW … what a beutiful car , lets make a gasser out of it 😆 😆 😆

dino
                Keymaster

Billy ! Gona give YOU some beans and make a a gasser out of You …Roxrec Likes gassers ! Well see him in the spring !

tomblake
                    Participant

Tomatohead…….Looks like all your hard work paid off. Looks great. See you Saturday.

don-kauer

Just got to know John Shimer in the last 5 years since moving to Ct. His memory of the old days is amazing and his hot rods are even more amazing…John and his wife Nina are two of my very favorite people . Class act……..Love you guys………Don Kauer

6t5frlane
                            Participant

I Love T Bolts and your car looks freakin Great !! Good Luck with it. I would luv to make a clone of the Downey Ford 1965 Thunderbolt. The only one they ever made.

dino
                                Keymaster

AHHHHHHHHHHH ! …he came out of his Cave !

storm-king

Beautiful! If I couldn’t have a Mopar, I’d have a T-Bolt for sure.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Looks like he’s using Gold Lettering Enamel …Brother of the Brush!…..The black outline ,with a little white highlight,is a through back to traditional Fire Truck Gold lettering…Makes it pop. Walter has that Old Skool flair & freedom a hand done brushed job can have without the ‘mechanical’ computer restrictions…Mr “J” in jersey (Famous Air-brush Lettering GURU) says it gives the job , “heart” ….Human touch and the Sign ARTIST signature. Notice,I said Sign Artist…not Sign’ maker. Anybody can buy equipt. Walter has the magic ingrediant ! —-> Talent .’….starting a new thread soon …so’s yo’s guys can see my hand lettering since I moved down here.( Going Back into it !,for all the guys building Nostalgia (Before Computer) cars….Make sure Water gets a gander at it. .

dino
                                            Keymaster

Awesome job Lou ! … designed it specifically to match “Period” layout & printing techniques of the sixties .It matches the exact lettering I did on the front fenders of the “pumpkin” …all hand designed. Louie and I have coorsponding sign software so computers can “talk” back and forth via the internet …And his Imprinting equipment ‘replicates’ screen printing ( that was, all there was, back then) with great out door duribility, unlike the current digital print stuff. Like the A-Team “I like it ,when a plan comes together” Now ‘Thats’ A collectors Item !

tomatohead
                                                Participant

Rox ❗ , my son loves to have “”Jack with Coke”” , I had a friend who used to love “Rum and Coke” , …….. so I know how you feel about the “Jack”,…….. but anyway my car didnt have a lock either when I bought it back in 2002 ❗ ,………anyway I found 😀 and quickly bought 😀 a 6 cyl sport coupe for parts ,needed the clutch pedal assy and bucket seats out of it and it had a trunk lock cyl assy with NO KEY 👿 ….Anyway bought a new lock cyl off ebay and swapped out the old one and now my trunk lid finelly works ❗ in 2010 😆 ……………………………………………………. I ll fined one for you ,dont have any of them ❗ WISH I had ❗ …………….. tomato 😀

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

That Rox 😀 …”Hey He, Get offa my cloud …Two’s a Crowd”

john-sachs-sr
                                                        Participant

John,
                                                            Must say that’s a class act.Fine looking piece. 🙂 🙂 🙂
                                                            John

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

……….. I think Ive seen that cloud in Stormville before ❗ 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.