64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Pat….Don’t think He’ll get that far ….Just N.C.

babycakes
        Participant

Looking for a few more shots of ‘Thunderbolts,if your interested,I gave Brian M. a photo album a few years ago,that contained some.One I remember was Jack Roush at Nationals.Also have a ‘limited’ model from a Ford catalog of Butch Leal’s ‘Thunderbolt’;so detailed it even has the ignition keys to ignition switch on dash!

patina
            Participant

Roxy as part of my Christmas magazine giveaway I have an magazine for you. The article from Cars dec. 74 is entitled
                “Return of the Thunderbolt” and it features “Nazy Crate”

Merry Christmas

Pat

vindicator
                Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey guys…been awhile…bus-zee @ Roush’s (the “luv” slave! 😆 😆 😆 yo’…show me da’ luv ‘eh)and keepin’ my buddies car thing going…he’s got some pretty serious health issues…and @ 73…that’s not good…we really got involved with the T-bolt…for “Willie” Hormorete…he’d been sick a bit…closed his station…was working with Billy Davitt@ the Automobile Shop…JUST FOR ALL THE TIMES HE WAS TRULY THERE FOR ME…he was going to run it @ Summernats’ too…(as mentioned in previous “story”)…just was not feeling well enough that weekend to “shoe” it…we did sell it to a customer in country of Norway…after “Willie’s” death…and a retired American Airlines pilot-Don Whitlow of Virginia brought it “home” some years ago…Randy DeLIisio/SuperStangShop Clyde,NY…restored it to it original 1964 -white deal…Randy is without a doubt…the foremost restoration person/shop for Thunderbolts,AFX Comets/Mustangs…IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD…period! (and one …great guy too!) 😀 😀 :D…when it came “time” for Tommy Caldara to part with his & Nate’s T-bolt (I just put the 2 “boyz” together…kinda’ like “Match”.com ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 as per Hemmings article)…Randy was/is the absolute best person to have it (if it wasn’t Tommy or me…we wuz’ Nate’s very best…real…friends…and I really didn’t have any interest in owning it) the workmanship was always awesome way back when…it’s just plain “stellar” now…a must see…for sure 😀 😀 :D…we had the blown alcohol Mustang funny car too then…and the man that truly made…that all possible…week to week… “Tink” Schafer…really had no interest/time…for the T-Bolt…so that’s the “story”…and I’m sticking to it ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 Drake…it was a mid-70’s updated SS car…tubbed…full cage, etc. all done by Herb McCandless (of Sox & Martin fame)…very trick Carl Holbrook motor…handmade “tin” intake manifold by Ron Ross…”state of the art”…so to speak…for the times! 😀 😀 😀

don-kauer

Hold on here!!!!! First a phantom post, then my reply and now they have both disappeared 😕 😕 😕 OK BOYZ Whatsup ❓

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

NICE !! VERY NICE John !! 🙂
                            Frank…

tomatohead
                            Participant

….yes ❗ it was chilly today 😐 and whats the 396 for 😕 ❓ … and glad you have an easy clean up today cuase looks like we are getting another foot tuesday nite into wedesday 😯 seems like par for the couase …….OH WELL ❗ ….love the hurst stickers but I thought you had a 4 spd like me ❓ , what kind of rockers do you have now ❓ ❓ are they the stock Ford adj. 1.76 ratio ❓ ….I am guessin’ thats what you have , The NEW CRANE rockers sound nice ,nodular iron ❓ …..if you have any stock 1.76 ratio adjustable rockers I could use some for a “FE Type” motor that “mite” fined its way into the “Lane” … 😀 ……OK I better go get some gas for the snow blower ……….Iam gonna need it 😮

lee-valentine

John, Donnie got some C-12 friday to run your engine. Saw him this morning and he said all went well and it sounds great. Good luck with it. Lee. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.