A BIG HOW YOU DOIN’ FROM THE WIZEGUY !!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls A BIG HOW YOU DOIN’ FROM THE WIZEGUY !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    wizeguy1320

Hello There Fellas,

Finally made a profile and ready to contribute. My name is Neil, I’m a 3rd Generation Motor Head from Putnam County NY. My Grandfather on my mothers side was Joey Gurran, Founder of the Road Knights Auto Club and Driver of the Road Knights 413 Wedge Dragster that regularly raced at Dover. also, little know fact, was the first dragster to have a Parachute (compliments of my grandfather serving in the air force). now on permanent display at Don Garlits Museum Of Drag racing.
        My Father (BIG Neil) was a Street Racer from Peekskill by way of The Bronx, whose car club “The Street Screamers” regularly terrorized the Bear Mountain Extension and The Croton Airport. maybe somebody remembers his car? Black, Straight-Axle ’63 Chevy II..Hard car to forget…His two Brothers, Al And Augie ran and still race Wally Booth’s Rat Pack 1 68/69 converted Pro Stock Camaro…
        Also my non-blood uncle Frankie “Dynamite’ Perrone from the Bronx also ran a Burgundy 1969 Chevelle COPO 427 named “King Rat”. He regularly raced at National Speedway in Long island and was back-2-back summer national winner.
        So thats my Family, about me? growing up with guys like this was amazing,…so its no surprise that I bought my first car at 14, my 1969 Chevelle SS…a long and on going restoration that is now near completion,… It is 99% early 70s style, 454 LS-6 built by the great Tony Feil, 4 speed, 12 bolt, Cragars, Hoosiers,… what my dad calls “Strictly Business”

I’m glad to be an “OFFICIAL” part of the Dover Drag Strip community now,…. Thank You all for keeping the memories alive,… its so important… see, automobiles sets aside age, race, religion, or social class and brings everyone together…It’s something the rest of the world will never understand…. But should learn a lesson from….

Neil Z.

wizeguy1320

My Grandfather and the Road Knights Dragster c.1965 at Croton Dodge

421417_10151226200800554_1937750214_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr
            Dad’s ’63 Chevy II
            http://www.facebook.com/groups/StreetScreamers/

580388_10152134286685554_1105414813_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

404135_10152133967395554_1006143202_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr
            Uncle Al’s Rat Pack 1 Camaro as raced by Wally Booth c.1971

547168_402196989826179_1363723522_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr
            Rat Pack 1 and Uncle Al today
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/RAT-PACK-1-Racing/245228832189663

550364_456563561056188_1716589858_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr
            Oh Geez!!, is that my Chubby 13 year old self?? Island Dragway 2001..Blue Rat Pack 1 !

647_127764750553_6687_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr
            There’s Me Now ! lol,..With My Chevelle at the Road Knights Car Show Sept. 2012

541180_10152113287590554_132149692_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr
            Doing What I Do Best,…(Being Loud and Inappropriate) lol

538749_10152131682900554_1000488445_n-1 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

dino
            Keymaster

Neil sent me this too:
                ” I was at the Lebanon Race but I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself, as I was track photographer for NETO that day… I have been with NETO along with my uncle, race Wally Booths Rat Pack 1 Camaro,.. My uncle frank Perrone also ran a burgundy 69 Chevelle called King Rat,… I’m going to go through the old albums right now and scan some in to share,… Thanks for keeping the flame alive,.. My dad has a huge smile on his face right now looking at old Dover pictures”

dino
                Keymaster

Found this in the big ODF premium Members Photo Galleries… Cullen collection -1964. Before it was painted Purple

Attachments:

wizeguy1320
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Found this in the big ODF premium Members Photo Galleries… Cullen collection -1964. Before it was painted Purple

Wow Dino !!!! your makin’ me all choked up !,…. Yes the club colors were black before they went to purple for some political reasons,… kinda like how Fonzi had to wear a brown leather jacket instead of a black one…lol it was a lighter reddish purple before they painted it dark purple with black flames,… i’m going to save this pic to my collection ! thank you again, you made my night !

dino
                        Keymaster

one more

Attachments:

wizeguy1320

Wow ! That’s My Pop in the picture ! I think I’m gonna join up to get all the high resolution pics,… I need to have this hanging in my office !!! Thank you so much !

bobby-s

Hi Neil
                                    please say Hi to you uncle Al, from Bobby Schlegel, he should remember, I did all the tower book id cards and photos for neto, remember him with the RAT PAK at island and the valley.
                                    Hope all os ya did ok through this storm.
                                    thanks, Bobby

wizeguy1320
                                        quote BOBBY S.:

Hi Neil
                                        please say Hi to you uncle Al, from Bobby Schlegel, he should remember, I did all the tower book id cards and photos for neto, remember him with the RAT PAK at island and the valley.
                                        Hope all os ya did ok through this storm.
                                        thanks, Bobby

Hey Bobby ! I’ll give Uncle Al a call and tell him you said hello,..he never forgets anyone lol,…we all made it through the storm ok, still no power, but we got the generators kickin,… I’m hoping to run my Chevelle with NETO this spring,… Rat Pack is still sleeping in the garage but in due time will be back with a new Tranny!

don-kauer
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Neil sent me this too:
                                            ” I was at the Lebanon Race but I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself, as I was track photographer for NETO that day… I have been with NETO along with my uncle, race Wally Booths Rat Pack 1 Camaro,.. My uncle frank Perrone also ran a burgundy 69 Chevelle called King Rat,… I’m going to go through the old albums right now and scan some in to share,… Thanks for keeping the flame alive,.. My dad has a huge smile on his face right now looking at old Dover pictures”

I spent many days with The King Rat Chevelle and my boy Frankie Perrone…I ran out of Flips Speed Shop with The Equalizer Camaro … Frankie and I would pit together….I live in Connecticut now and actually saw Frankie and the Chevelle through a mutual friend with a shop up here , Nissan Vinny…….. 🙂 …Don Kauer……..

wizeguy1320
                                                quote Don Kauer:

quote dinotheweirdo:

Neil sent me this too:

I spent many days with The King Rat Chevelle and my boy Frankie Perrone…I ran out of Flips Speed Shop with The Equalizer Camaro … Frankie and I would pit together….I live in Connecticut now and actually saw Frankie and the Chevelle through a mutual friend with a shop up here , Nissan Vinny…….. 🙂 …Don Kauer……..

Hey Don ! Well I’m sure you have many MANY stories if you ran with my Uncle Frankie and The King Rat ! I’ll Tell him you said hello,….I actually owe him a phone call thanks for reminding me ! ill post some pics of the King Rat,… I didn’t have any at home when I originally posted here lol

wizeguy1320

Here is some new and old pics of Uncle Frankie’s KING RAT at NY National Speedway !

King Rat National Speedway by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

Summer National Winners King Rat by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

Uncle Frankie and King Rat by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Just Noticed ….HAPPY BIRTHDAY and you are now Activated to ODF status ! (notice your user name is red now). 😀

wizeguy1320
                                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Just Noticed ….HAPPY BIRTHDAY and you are now Activated to ODF status ! (notice your user name is red now). 😀

haha my Birfffday is in February,…. maybe its posted wrong lol,….thanks for the RED name lol,….. def more Hot Rod Looking now lol

wizeguy1320
                                                                quote Don Kauer:

quote dinotheweirdo:

Neil sent me this too:

Hey Don, I was Visiting Frank Perrone the other night,…. I mentioned your name and lemme tell u, his eyes lit up,…. He Goes,…DONNIE KAUER? EQUALIZER CAMARO ! RAN OUT OF FLIPS SPEED SHOP !…… so I know the whole story now ! Uncle Frankie is bringing the King Rat to Lebanon this year for the dover run,….hope you will be there too !

Little Neil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.