Awesome race car facility

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Awesome race car facility

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

I’ve been trying to get this post in for 2 days…….Over 1 1/2 hours spent..Here goes again..4th time…….Out for a 55 degree Sunday ride in scenic Dutchess Co. N.Y. on the way to visit some good friends, race buddies..I’ve not been to their shop so I don’t know what to expect………Driving in I see 2 large Ranch style buildings with garage doors and a large lot with race car trailers, assorted pickups and a large motorhome all nicely parked and all very orderly…now I must say these guys cars are nice but I never expected what I saw…I was told this was a garage to work on the race cars but those words were extreme modesty….Inside this awesome facility is an entire race shop with just about everything needed to go from A to Z building drag cars…Totally neat, organized and professional…What a shop!!! I counted 8 cars, all GM, TOP SHELF well under index NHRA cars…..Donnie Carroll, Lee Valentine, Ronnie Orsino, Frank Genovese and Dave Piccinelli have the facility and the well rounded knowledge to turn out these A PLUS cars from start to finish…The engine machine work is done at another great place….RCE Machine in New Milford, Ct. just 35 minutes away..Lloyd Reilly owner has a full service shop and if you want your stuff perfect, he’s your guy ( owner of quite a list of wins and a couple of National Records to boot) The winning combo is all right here with these guys…Frame, suspension,engine, trans, body, interior etc………AND they all get along like family………Very impressive….In all my 45 years of being involved with drag racing these guys are on the top of the list….You can contact Lloyd and Donnie at 860 354 6976…..You will thank me later……..Don Kauer..

vindicator
        Participant

😆 😆 😆 Hey Don Kauer…”whoa nellie”….first…U…in a Fooord???!!!***….could this be true???..this ain’t the 50′ show…”To be…or not to be”… 😆 😆 😆 …was talkin’ to Lee Valentine the other night…he modestly described the “garage”….U…so eloquently….told the whole truth…and nothing…but the truth…geez’…I’d switch to Brand-X…if ‘dem boyz…would let me hang out..in that “joint”….but I just “remembered”…’ol Lee…is runnin’…a Ford!!! (and one… is a “lonely” number…don’t-cha’ know!!!) 😆 😆 😆 …see if ya’ can get me “admittance”…I still have my “Big Dan Ingram”….KI-MO-SA-BEE CARD…from pre/post payola days…could this rival a Gold card….@ a NHRA event??? 😆 😆 😆 …so just when…U…tunin’ this new found motor…with the distributor…in the front???….love ya’ “hoss”… 😀 😀 😀 Drake

don-kauer

Oh and did I forget to mention…………. They have a dyno facility 1/2 hour away for their use anytime….ALL motors done by these guys are Dynoed………………………….Don………..(Drake, I’ll call you Tonight)

don-kauer

Got room for a Ford in there? It’s small………………

don-kauer

I need to keep this post up front for a few days…………………….Don………

don-kauer

Bump up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomatohead
                            Participant

……….. Don , or Lee the Mustang is a stocker with fuel inj. ❓ right ❓

don-kauer

You’re right…….Lee’s car, a Ford is in there…………10-4 on the injection……See you Sat. at Riverview……..Don….

lee-valentine

Joe ,I keep the Mustang hidden in it’s trailer so the GM cars don’t get upset. See you next Sunday.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Lee ….hope ya ment Sat – Riverview

lee-valentine

Right.

don-kauer

Leroy is an old man now …..He has trouble with days…….Too many 1320 trips 😆 😆 😆

bobby-s

Don

how did your son make out with
                                                        the info on the race car 😳

don-kauer

I spoke with a few people but nothing solid yet….One real good prospect……Thanks for asking…..See you Sat…….Don…

don-kauer

One more bump……………..See y’all Sat…………….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.