BABY CAKES Gasser Found

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR BABY CAKES Gasser Found

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Nothing better to do on a cold wintery weekend,I went through some of my Willys memorbilia,and low and behold,I came across the ‘original’ owner’s operation and care manual for 1937,that was in the glove box,when we purchased ‘Baby Cakes’, back in ’61’! A tour down memory lane you can say! I had honestly forgotten all about it,nice to see it once again,it’s been a few years! :geek: 😮 😀

super-sport-pete

HI PETE, This one is for you. Saw on the HAMB home page. A 1941 Willys gasser, raced in new jersey, 1962-1966, blown 392,”FACTORY” convertible? ever see it? They were looking for info, someone just found it. One of the experts chimed in ,said only 4 made? Hope you get better, Pete.

babycakes
            Participant

Hi to you also Pete! Thanks for the ‘kind’ words; I’m listening to the Doc,and things going very well,with healing! I’m hell bound for Epping next week,can’t wait to see Merkel’s ’39’ Willys,all restored!!! It’s been many moons since I saw it. Anyway Pete,I ‘heard’ but never ‘saw’ that ’41’ Willys rag top at Island.Yes,they were ‘rare’,almost a sin to make it into a gasser! In 1940 Franklin .D. Roosevelt received a ‘rare’ ’40’ convertable for his birthday,from his brother,Hall.It’s still around in a garage down south,on one of the Roosevelt’s estates! In fact,Pat D. who owns and restored the BM/SP M.G. ‘Baby Torque’,had a picture of it,looking through a side glass window,a few years back.I know a company name ‘Holden’ Bodies,in Australia,had made convertables out of Willys,coupes and sedans also.Also,remember how ‘rare’ the convertables are that year,as the war effort was in full swing with Willys. Half the production line was cars,and the other half, ‘Jeeps’.I wish them luck on there restoration,what a ‘find’!!! Take care,and ‘THANKS’ again Pete!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.