BIG VIDEO /PHOTO SEARCH & UPDATES

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION BIG VIDEO /PHOTO SEARCH & UPDATES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

This is Always in Video Section, But stuck here as a reminder…
        ATTENTION IN THE PITS !
        With the many inquieries recieved, along with renewed interest in a REAL, Professionally Produced DOVER DRAG STRIP Video WE ARE LOOKING FOR AS MUCH ORIGINAL MOVIE MATERIAL AS POSSIBLE
        Super 8 Or Even VHS (we now have a Video Capture Card -To Convert to Disc!) to produce the ultimate documentation of “how it Was”. All new technology, processing and talented ,creative members in our Dover Crew make this concept highly possible. So put out the word and search your attic for ORIGINAL footage….Not 2nd or 3rd geneation copies or commercial already edited redo’s.IF POSSABLE Send ORIGINAL FILM OR VHS OR DIGITAL FILE DIRECTLY FROM CAMERA – COPIES IN DVD format Require TOO much compression and copying on our part…very time consuming & looses a lot of quailty.
        This is always in Video section but put it here as a Reminder……..
        ….STARTING TO COLLABORATE from ALL sources as much as possible OF NEW PRIVATE AND NEVER SEEN BEFORE FOOTAGE. Plan is to put together with new software and technology ONE KILLER DOVER VIDEO- Music-trick effects-titleing -commentary-interlinked still photos ,interviews-phone interviews,shots of print articles…A REAL DEAL not just spliced together old clips. Stuff starting to come in.This should run at least One hour and will take WEEKS to produce. WE WILL NOT produce anything without Permission and in all cases will reimburse with free copies or make other arrangements,so that NOBODY will be unfairly ‘USED” . ALL materials submitted will be respected, taken care of AND PROMPTLY returned at our expense to the rightful owner. ALL contributers will be given DUE CREDIT and ALL sources reported if known. In Some cases we know things will have to be considered in “public Domain” without historical documentation available of the original source. WE HAVE ONE MOTIVE…SAVE AND SHARE before its Lost Forever. OF Course with any endevor of this scope AND COST ,..we intend to make the video commercialy available to attempt to recoup our costs. Others have done projects like this in the past and I HAVE contacted them and KNOW they lost thier shirt over the years…As a sideline ‘Hobby” ..it’s not such an issue . To produce a short 2-3 minute fun little clip Still takes hours ! THIS is Way above that. I will be contacting those that I know have material and have even gone as far as posting on 28 forums the footage request along with craig-list and a few other sources. Talk it up at events- get the word out ….THIS could be something !

dino
        Keymaster

OK …The production Has BEGUN ON the Big Documentary VIDEO…Just Copied to Master all of Video BoB’s original 8mm with some other things he sent. Also Got the LION’S Drag Strip Video From Maso copied as “sort”of a referance ….but wasn’t that impressed with it …kind of rambled and got off topic a lot.Interesting Though. Have Film footage coming from Storm King , Doug Munson, Smokey, Brian M. , Tenenzio, and a bunch more. So if ya got ….Send It ! Also have contact with a number of Video Producers And Distributors already …so Here We GO !

dino
            Keymaster

UPDATE…………MASO just sent me 14 vhs and dvds of other already Produced stuff AS referance and “homework”. We’re copying some to keep, as I wade though all this to get a handle of whats out there and how to do ours Bigger & Better. Quite a collection ….Tates stuff, Jackson Brothers …and much more. Much produced up to 10 years ago and to be honest …I thought they’de be a lot better…Spoiled by Real Television and cable network professional work.

dino
                Keymaster

posted in Video section too:
                    Latest BIG VIDEO UPDATE…to date (And Dover-Fest Helped)…Got private stuff from Storm King And Brian DvDs. We have being converted to DVD from original ,never seen 8mm ,direct from owners ,over 1000 ft of footage….PLUS WE have recieved from the owners: DVD and VHS amounting to about 5 hours ! this is all uneditted stuff that will be “cut down’ drastically ,edditing out the junk-repeated same car runs and bad exposure, lighting ,angles ,etc. But don’t hold back if your ‘holding” something! send it in ! we sure don’t want some “gem” to be left out , ’cause it came in too late…I’ve got a Deadline of April 30th on this, as it stands… so dig-pack-ship.

dino
                    Keymaster

New Stuff Coming !!! Tommy Day (Action Rat Vette) …sending 8mm footage to convert with Him ,Al Hofmann and a bunch of cool stuff….. Also: Dick Donofrio assembling the Arial shots he took in the sixties low level in a rented plane WHILE they were running …. need photos and footage from 73-76…not much ? don’t know why………and GET THIS :…we’re writing a Dover SONG…really !…a little 60’s style rocker …my lyrics…some of Ian’s stuff and a few other local musicains collaborating …Hey- how ’bout a Dover Drag Strip BAND ! we’ll play at the Dover Drags…. Who has a P.A. and who plays what? ….lets see ….Video Bob on the lithuanian glokinshpeil….no really… couple of giutars ,bass, keyboards ,drums …I’ll bring my Strat …need a good lead singer …we can play at the reunion too ! 🙄 whew …paint and old nitro fumes causing serious flash-backs …but lets ,As Digger would say “Shake Rattle and Run !”

dino
                        Keymaster

This is A REAL ‘TEASE”…Song I mentioned IS done and Recorded….Called “Dover Days’. …with Lyics ,theme and Concept by me and Lyrical Format and other lyrics added and totally arranged by my next door nieghbor Tommy Adiemy. Tommy played in a band, “Nitro” in the mid 80’s traveling on “The Circuit”, up and down the east coast. He still plays in a band. He took my Lyric outline and concept and arranged the intire thing. He played every instrument and did all the singing, except for some drum work by his son Dylan….then mixed the whole thing. He borrowed some of Ian Cubitts riffs (Hear On Teaser II Video) did in same key ,so it is compatable with Ian’s great instrumental, for a matching ” Dover trademark soundtrack theme” Very talented guy ! …more to come as we continue gathering our raw material.

dino
                            Keymaster

MORE 😮 …………………Just in :Fabulous DVD from BILLY CASEY…shows all new complete coverage of the Super Pumpkin,from prime paint and Fred’s Speed Shop posters taped on doors to Orange -lettered…Run After run against all the Dover Gasser Favorites.With Injection And tunnel-ram..Plenty of candid shots in pits including Charlie at the trophy booth. Full staging footage and runs threw the lights ….NICE ! ALSO…Jusy got over 1000 feet of 8mm -3 reels ONE WITH SOUND !!!!! Brian on the case here…picked up from Frank (Novaman) Lucato….still working at Heart Acura in Wappingers……………..Oh Boy Oh Boy ….this is gettting Good…Glad I didn’t Sart Editing…More Coming !….Brian combing the Duchess hills with new leads .

dino
                                Keymaster

MUSIC FOR “Big” VIDEO …Update
                                    We are really shaping up our “sound track material “…. plenty of vintage “sounds” to go with the “Sights’.
                                    ALREADY HAVE our Buddy in England’s stuff (Ian Cubit)
                                    see—>http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=968&hilit=ian
                                    Plus Our own composition…”Dover Days ” (small clip on Home page now)…the Rest will be a Surprise on the Video and We’ll Play it at Reunion!
                                    JUST IN >>>>
                                    Here’s THE REVTONES ! Rock-a-Billy Hot Rod band from San Francisco That Have generously agreed to let us, use thier Music “For the Early Days” segments of the Video! Check ’em out At :http://www.myspace.com/revtones or http://www.revtones.net AND we’ll have their CD in the Store!

Here’s a link to one of their tunes… http://www.doverdragstrip.com/downloads/revtones_ghosttrain.wma

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just talked to the MONGOOSE himself Tom McKewen! we’re working on some Video “Trading ” to feature Tom & Snake Prudhomne In our Big Video as a special Segment ! Tom’s a Super Guy to Talk to ..remembers the Dover Days…Works with Randy at Drag Racer Mag. We’ll also be featuring OFFICIAL Mongoose Stuff in Our Store soon direct from Tom ! Watch for more news AND if you have any Snake & Mongoose-Dover Footage …Get It to Us !

…………………To see our Teaser Videos , Go To ‘Announcements ‘-Links to watch There

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Dino:
                                            I have one copy only 8mm that was put on a VHF cassette of Garlits at Dover, must have been around ’64 or ’65. Shows him comming in the front gate, unload & making a pass.
                                            Rich

dino
                                            Keymaster

More Goodies arrived….This Topic going on a year old now….But As Video Bob said…”Don’t Rush It …Or you’ll get something the day after ,you wished you Included.” We’re now able to include a lot of stuff From The Nostalgia Drags and I just got some more Great ‘Drags’ Footage from Bob Casey. Guys have E-mailed me they’re sending Old footage they have. And I’m getting even more music to add the the Ian Cubitt tracks,Rev-Tones,and our own Dover Days.Updates as I have them

dino
                                                Keymaster

More film and material still keeps coming in.We’re working on the “story boards’ now.Remember …I’m not just jamming a bunch of clips together.Everybody does that.This is a real production. Title sequences, audio track, chapters and continuity, Music editting and alignment, slide-show, .special effects, interviews….and OH-days of editting. All this “after hours” ,after running my regular business. We still have reels of 8 mm ,constantly being converted as funds allow….. and are waiting for even more to come in. It’ll take time to do it right.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

BIG VIDEO UPDATE:
                                                        Just got MORE in from Cindy Arendt….Nice stuff shows Pats MG running BAD NEWS/mid sixties stuff and some later…..A Lot of AF/X action…Black Arrow,Yankee Peddler/Little Giant/ ………..made some quick shots with camera ,right off computer screen to show you. Will be putting together “TEASER III” asap….with this footage and others.
                                                        Also have raw 8mm from Charles Brisette-Tommy Day- John Delelle , Bob McArthur, and some others including Bob Casey .This conversion to viewable DVD and getting at the same time a AVI disc that we can edit, quite frankly is getting very pricy. At about a dollor a foot,Iv’e got some to help but a lot that didn’t …. and (Brian and I have paid for all the Slides to be converted at about a dollar a pop. Get a 250 shot slide collection and well ,to post into the ODF Gallery and pull a few for the forum is getting pricy also)….That Just gets us the stuff converted ,THEN its time to edit it all down.and do a final Version,that has all the interviews,music,titling….just like a Documentary you see on Cable. We are NOT putting endless footage ‘glued’ together of Run After Boring Run in silence. Anybody can put you to sleep with that .Add in all the supplied current video visits to the track ,two years of Nostalgia footage and all the rest .Thats almost a full time job to produce. I will be contacting all who sent in 8mm not converted yet, to discuss the costs .Thats just to get it to DVD ,the way it came in .At last years Dover Fest – I told those present “Off Camera” ,that I wasn’t considering at that time adding a “DONATION” button link on the site for all these projects. A lot of other forums & sites Do.It’s been a year and a struggle ,finiance wise to support the Dover things along with my regular work load and responsibilties. I said then :”I didn’t Expect something for nothing, and don’t expect you to also” The ODF Memberships and “Store” product sales are not keeping up with expendatures ,not to mention the time It takes to coordinate the site-the forum-the submitted phots and all the phone work.Add in the “50th” and the Race And I have reconsidered the “Donation ” button concept. That would allow the visitors and 950 +registered to pay by credit card /PayPal account, or even send a check to ‘Support The Cause’ & projects. Whatever they can spare.I realize only about half on the forum are active and ‘With It”…. and we do get a ton of visitors. Another way you help the cause is become an ODF member or shop at the store- that way YOU do get something.All who contribute a reasonable amount to the Video project,will of course Get one Free..After all the costs, whats left ,helps keep this thing afloat. When I get time ….Ha! …there’s new ODF member benefits coming and new products too. This is the first time you’ve heard from me ,the main reason the Video isn’t done.I do have a few sources to possibly do the job and might even end up on cable…working that out.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Here’s some photo shots as I viewed Cindy’s footage:
                                                            Stone Woods & Cook ….rolling her to the line

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

More from Cindy’s DVD…Bad Day for Hank and the Obsession team

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.