Blown hearse pictures and info wanted

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Blown hearse pictures and info wanted

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

The article in “Gallery of Great Cars” by Ed Sakisian is interesting.

But I think Ed’s got his facts wrong. The “Hearse” is a StoveBolt ( that’s a Chevy ) and not a Ford. And some claim that the W-Block is a 409 and Ed’s reporting that it’s a 348.

By the way, I wonder if Ed is okay. We was very ill and in a wheelchair last I heard.

hearse-bill

Dino…any word on those 2 pictures found in the police station?….just wondering….thanks…BC

dino
            Keymaster

Billy Masiello ? whats the scoop on those Photos ???….More Coming too- Bill when I get those Slides Back.

hearse-bill

ok….need help on the interior…..anyone have a good memory?…..did it have s and w gauges…or sun?….was it black with white pipeing?….anyone???? help……….any word on those pictures from the station?…thanks too all….BC

dino
                    Keymaster

This might sound stupid , But did you consult with the original builder ?…Is Doyle available ?

maso
                        Participant

Here y’go… buddie…!!!

These two pictures are scanned from the pages of the book “Cool Cars, Square Roll Bars, 2006 Edited bt Bernie Shuman Pgs: 174 -175 “

Looks like Doyle ran a small block in there for a while at Charlestown in Rhode island. I love those “BLast Furnace” headers…!!!

hearse-bill

Correct…..car ran a283 with 2x 4s…then a 671…then some 348s and 409s…..depending on what was a vailable….talk to Dick as often as I can…car is coming along…..slowly…cant seem to stay healthy…..by the way I have confirmed that the interior was black ….well what interior it had anyway…..

maso
                                Participant

That’s what I call a “Hot Rod with a resume”…

dino
                                    Keymaster
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

BILL ! Can I use that in the Race Flyer…”SEE THE ORIGINAL BLOWN HEARSE RESTORATION PROJECT ” ?

SAID THIS TWO YEARS AGO….THAT CAR IN ANY CONDITION MUST SHOW AT LEBANON! AUG 20-21….AND How ’bout some “under Construction” photos !!!!! What A shot together we could get with Hellzapoppin-Bad News And Pats MG !!! And Get George to drag out the D& E Willys ! He’s ‘hiding” it too much !

hearse-bill

oooohk…..been sick for a while…….not much to see still……I will see what I can do….

patina
                                            Participant

There is a photo of “Hearse” on HAMB in the Drag cars in motion…….picture thread. It has early Hearse and Growler. I can’t load picture here file to big.

Pat

kman
                                                Participant

photographer .. Ray Baril ???

These are the pics Pat was talkin’ about… i was able to re size them …

kman
                                                    Participant

photogapher .. Ray Baril ???

patina
                                                        Participant

Anybody know at what track? Looks very flat and open, maybe Sanford Maine?

patina
                                                            Participant

Thanks K for posting. I got a reply from Bangkok Dean (on hamb) he said;
                                                                “Ray Baril had taken them at Charlstown RI 62-64 Our club The Eliminators was taking care of the staging in those years and Ray was always with his camera”

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.