BOBBY LAGANA …A Legend is Lost

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION BOBBY LAGANA …A Legend is Lost

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Late last night ,the word was out on the Internet …Bangshift…Yellow Bullet…Classic FunnyCar Boards..That Bobby Sr…Had made his last pass.
        http://bangshift.com/blog/drag-racing-hero-and-legendary-dad-bobby-lagana-sr-passes.html

We all Knew his Dedication…Inventivness…and Above all …One Of the Original Dover Family from the the first Day. We all will mourne the loss of this pioneer of Dover and Drag Racing.Heres some photos To Remember Him. Our Prayers are With Dom And Bobby Jr. Lets send him off Big Time as only the Dover Family can. We Already have recieved donations By Phone with Credit Card to forward to the Family …I’ll handle that .

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Heres A Dover History Of Bobby .. the early Coupes

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

In His Chevamoco

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Thanks for all the kind messages. We were truly blessed to have a father who was so powerful a man!! Unfortunately we know that time does heal most wounds, but for the time being I am going with this really sucks. Our Dad was an amazing man who treated everyone the same. Boy did he love Racing!!!!! Hug your loved ones is how I will End!!!!!
                    Bobby JR.

………………Bunch Of Stuff On FaceBook:
                    https://www.facebook.com/#!/bobby.lagana.7?fref=ts

tommy-iorizzo

RIP, Bobby 😥

smokey-dragct
                        Participant

TO THE LAGANA FAMILY BOBBY WAS A GREAT FRIEND TO THE ENTIRE DOVER FAMILY. HE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL. REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND.
                            SMOKEY AND GROVER

svarplaitis
                            Participant

My thoughts and prayers to the family. Bobby and I had some nice lunches taking about my father Al., he had so may kind words to say. Rest in peace in the big drag strip in the sky!!!

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Lagana family. Bobby Sr. left us with
                                    a lot of fond memories. He was a competitor and a gentleman. Always greeting
                                    you with a smile and a warm hand shake. He will be truly missed !! R.I.P. Bobby !!
                                    This picture is Bobby at the 2013 Dover Winter Fest @ Big Al’s………..

Frank…

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

More Of Bobby’s Rides

Attachments:

hvy70ss
                                        Participant

My prayers go out to the Lagana family. I was a Dover spectator/racer from ’72-’76’. I never really knew of Bobby until seeing the Twilight Zone F/C @ Etown. I learned more about him through Dino and this site. A true legend. At last years Dover race @ LVD I got to chat with him privately if only for a little bit…a real gentleman. I’m glad I had the opportunity. Over the years it was great seeing him and family racing on TV. Finally, saw him with his son’s @ Etown working on the T/F car(this year I think) giving it 110%. R.I.P. Bobby.

Bobby Smith

dino
                                            Keymaster

By Popular Demand .The Famous Battery on the Trunk

Attachments:

bobby-s

R.I.P. Bobby, a better gentleman you will not find. He was there to help anyone. Will be missed, prayers to the Lagana family.
                                                    Bobby S.

don-kauer

What a terrible loss of a true Dover and drag racing legend…Great smile and a true gentleman…My prayers go to the Lagana family…. Bobby,your name and image will forever be in our hearts and minds….Rest In Peace my friend. 😥 ..Don Kauer..

mikey

Have fond memories of most of the cars Bobby had. My Dad loved the car with the Battery on the trunk. I got to talk to him a few times over the years, and he would always make the time to talk with people, a true gentleman, and a Great racer. R.I.P. Bobby
                                                            ……………..Mikey :mrgreen:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

• Scarsdale

Robert D. Lagana Sr., 72, passed away September 5th, 2013. Robert was born in 1941.

Bobby Lagana Sr. was a hardworking automotive mechanic who lived and worked in Scarsdale, NY at Bobby’s Automotive. He was a loving father to his children who taught them to never give up in life and to always help people. He was an honorable friend to all and most important always lived by his word.
                                                                Bobby Lagana Sr. was a life long drag racer that started in his backyard and made it to the biggest stages of the sport. He leaves behind him a legacy of a guy who would never quit and would always help anyone in need. Bobby has passed on his love for motorsports to his two sons who will race in his honor.
                                                                Robert D. Lagana Sr. is survived by his brother William, his four children: Marie Fritz, Laura Tanjeloff, Bobby and Dominick and his longtime companion, Karen. Robert Lagana Sr. was preceded in death by his parents Margaret Lawrence and Frank, his wife Marie and his daughter Dinah.
                                                                >>>>>The family will receive friends at the Westchester Funeral Home, 190 Main Street Eastchester, NY 2-4 and 7-9 Tuesday, September 10. The Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 AM at Assumption Church, 100 Pleasant Ave., Tuckahoe, NY. In lieu of flowers, donations in the memory of Robert Lagana Sr. may be made to Drag Racing Association of Women or Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute at The Mount Sinai Medical Center. Those wishing to sign the guest book may do so online at http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com.
                                                                .Published in the The Journal News on September 8, 2013

http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1666707/Lagana-Robert/service-details.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.