BOBBY LAGANA …A Legend is Lost

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION BOBBY LAGANA …A Legend is Lost

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant

A friend and competitor. Many, many fond memories in our younger days, hanging out at Frank’s house with the family and friends.
        God speed Bobby, we love you. GBNF RIP.
        John Sachs family.

lee-valentine

Look up DRAG RACER in the dictionary and it will say Bobby Lagana.

break-away
            Participant

So sorry for the family.Knew who Bobby was Back in 1968 and met to talk with him 40 years later.I was lucky.He was very nice to me and saw him many times at Big Al’s and ate with him and Louie the mason to BS .Will miss him very much. Bob Krosky/Break Away Firebird

dino
                Keymaster

He was always there for Us…To help-incourage-flash that smile and flat out put on a show…Lets be there for him, Tuesday…2 to 4 and 7 to 9: funeral home in Eastchester.
                    Directions http://westchesterfuneralhome.com/our-location.html

quote dinotheweirdo:

• Scarsdale

Robert D. Lagana Sr., 72, passed away September 5th, 2013. Robert was born in 1941.

Bobby Lagana Sr. was a hardworking automotive mechanic who lived and worked in Scarsdale, NY at Bobby’s Automotive. He was a loving father to his children who taught them to never give up in life and to always help people. He was an honorable friend to all and most important always lived by his word.
                    Bobby Lagana Sr. was a life long drag racer that started in his backyard and made it to the biggest stages of the sport. He leaves behind him a legacy of a guy who would never quit and would always help anyone in need. Bobby has passed on his love for motorsports to his two sons who will race in his honor.
                    Robert D. Lagana Sr. is survived by his brother William, his four children: Marie Fritz, Laura Tanjeloff, Bobby and Dominick and his longtime companion, Karen. Robert Lagana Sr. was preceded in death by his parents Margaret Lawrence and Frank, his wife Marie and his daughter Dinah.
                    >>>>>The family will receive friends at the Westchester Funeral Home, 190 Main Street Eastchester, NY 2-4 and 7-9 Tuesday, September 10. The Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 AM at Assumption Church, 100 Pleasant Ave., Tuckahoe, NY. In lieu of flowers, donations in the memory of Robert Lagana Sr. may be made to Drag Racing Association of Women or Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute at The Mount Sinai Medical Center. Those wishing to sign the guest book may do so online at http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com.
                    .Published in the The Journal News on September 8, 2013

http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1666707/Lagana-Robert/service-details.php

hrtatack1

I ran into Smokey and Grover this weekend. They showed me a few pictures that I promised I would put up…..

Bobby and the boys at the Dover Drag Reunion.

Rest in peace Bobby Sr.

-Pete

dino
                        Keymaster

Thanks Pete…When John Sachs came up from Florida …also in Shots…Rick Oviatt & Ron Milanese.

dover1320

R.i.p, Bobby I’m glad to have met him also got to know well , many good times hangin at house and holiday partys . The whole crew is like no other. Every time we spoke he would ask what new Dover stuff I found, I will miss that ! . He even gave his the first trophy he won at Dover in 1961. Brian

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.