CARMEL FORD FALCON FOUND

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? CARMEL FORD FALCON FOUND

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

We found this last year and just contacted Mike Weaver,again(The current owner) to give us an Update…And asked him if at all possable to bring it to Nostalgia Drags …He’s been (slow) working on it for a couple of years now.Heres the link to his website for more ….he has a bunch of AMC info (His main Focus) at his site .
        ————–> http://www.ssamx.com/afx_falcon.htm

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Mike just replied with this:
            “Dino…I haven’t done anything to the falcon…I have a wedding to go to that weekend….Mike”

ps…my newest toy: http://ssamx.com/1979_spirit_amx.htm
            Lets all persuade DRAKE to get it back !

dino
            Keymaster

I GOT THIS E-mail From Mike…Think maybe he’s serious Now …We REPORT -You Decide 😀

“Dino…picked up a motor for the afx today….Mike
                427 FORD mech/fuel injected engine assembly! done with all new parts to make a super running 433″ A/FX DRAG RACE engine.this is a 700 h.p. unit that will wake up your pony,cobra project or 60s A/FX restoration. this was built to be a all out drag race engine! it has C4AE hi-riser heads with a holman/moody intake and hilborn F-9 injectors setup for gasoline! it has roller cam with rev-kit by PSE,68 SIDE-OILER BLOCK BY PSE’ full race race steel crank/c-6 lemans rods on 13-1 ross pistons by PSE. Milodon gear drive with PSE 700″ roller cam/smith bros. pushrods and harland sharp roller rockers. red-line on this engine is 7800! also comes with a mallory sprit-mag to fire it!”

…….then he asks IF I want to Letter It ……….. 😮 DRAKE ! could it BE ?

dino
                Keymaster

Well its been awhile …..BUT just got this e-mail:
                    Dino…
                    I was sitting here at my computer and somehow got a link to your site while looking at old drag cars….I spent an hour or so looking over the pictures….just an update on Drake’s AFX Falcon…it still sits waiting to be finished…the good news is my SS/AMX should be painted in the next week or two…then the job of putting it all back together….the next project in the queue is the Falcon….probably I should just send the car down to Drake and have him finish it…keep in touch…Mike

vindicator
                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey did “talk” with Mike this a.m….and…just spoke with a couple of the young guys ( very talented young buckeroos’ ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 ) @ Roush…they would “love” to do it…that’s the “good news” 😆 😆 😆 …by their “calculations”…the co$t…would probably be…as if…we started from “scratch”….for sure it would be…a “state of the art” finish… 😀 😀 😀 the reality is…maybe just let Mike…within his “time-line”…at his pace…complete the “task”…we then can look into the cosmetics (paint/lettering)… and “assist” (pay) for that segment…as…thanks to Mike…for the job…which will be…well done for sure…maybe…just not as expediantly…as I’d “prefer” 😆 😆 😆 …just have very limited time…between Roush work…and Europe business…U…get the idea 😆 😆 😆 Drake

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

HOLLYWOOD ARE YOU LISTENING???
                            PIMP MY RIDE, 2 GUYS GARAGE, OVERHAUL, DESPERATE HOUSE WIVES, JERSEY SHORE ANY ONE WANT TO TAKE THIS ONE ON ??
                            ANY TAKERS ???COULD BE RESTORED IN A WEEK !!
                            ‘V’

maso
                            Participant

Should we include this in the DDS Car Registry in the “Project Car” catagory…?
                                ………..yes -good call [dino]-done

patina
                                Participant
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

We found this last year and just contacted Mike Weaver,again(The current owner) to give us an Update…And asked him if at all possable to bring it to Nostalgia Drags …He’s been (slow) working on it for a couple of years now.Heres the link to his website for more ….he has a bunch of AMC info (His main Focus) at his site .
                                    ————–> http://www.ssamx.com/afx_falcon.htm

I like it just the way it is 😎 Put that motor in it, hook up a drive shaft, fill’er up and bring it on up. 🙂 We can’t wait till this stuff is show quality finished 🙄 None of us are getting any younger 😯 Although some of us are regressing in menal capacity, wud I say 😆 Anyway a static display and maybe a start-up is better than not makink it. That goes for the “Blown Hearse” and “Allesio’s Coupe” Brian what ever happened to that Chevy coupe gasser in Pok maybe a 38 in a body shop.

Pat

dino
                                    Keymaster

And …Bob Swanson has had the Alley Opp Modifiers dragster for over ten years now!…show it the way it is ! Parked next to Hellzapoppin!If Bucksnort still has the Wagon …drag that out Too! we’re takling history here .Unrestored or not .All this stuff hidden away…Lets get some photos for preservation.If the Mystery Willys isn’t sold… Drag it out -put a For Sale sign on it.What better place to get exposure than at the 3rd annual -Reunion or 50th ..Michael…Tow it up …IT WILL get done by someone -you -Or ?

storm-king

Can’t agree with showing it the way it is. Drake’s stuff was always squeaky clean and ready. I don’t think it’d do him or the car justice to show it any way but how it was back in the day…. just my .02

vindicator
                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Thanx “Stormy”…for kind words…you know being “anal”…is sort of like a disease…being triple “anal”…for sure…isn’t good! 😆 😆 😆 sometimes I think…we spent way too much time/money on appearance…trick paint…lots of chroming,anodizing…to excess…when I guess…it’s really all ’bout going fast…’eh 😆 😆 😆 but it wuz for us a “business card” for the garage…I respect both points of view…but like ol’ Frankie “blue eyes” used to sing…we just gotta’ do it…our way…”hoss”…ain’t sayin’…it’s the “right” way…just the…right way…for us! 😆 😆 😆 Drake

dino
                                                Keymaster

ANAL? who’s Anal?
                                                    Websters Dictionary says:
                                                    , relating to, characterized by, or being personality traits (as parsimony, meticulousness, and ill humor) considered typical of fixation at the anal stage of development <an anal disposition> <anal neatness
                                                    Couldn’t find Triple Anal 😆
                                                    ………….BUT… ya did have Nice Stuff….first Impressions count!

storm-king

Well, your stuff probably was the most “California” stuff around, which was always something to aspire to.
                                                        You set an example of how it could be done.
                                                        A lot of old cars are being overdone from what they were. Some were real heaps. But not yours.
                                                        They all photograph better than they look in person, and race cars for the most part only need to be “20 footers” (look good from 20 feet away).
                                                        I want my Dart to be jam up from a paint and finish perspective, underneath, not so much. I want it just the way most guys did them back in the day…

vindicator
                                                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey..if I hadda’ “blame” someone (s) for the kinda’ overdone “California” look…let’s start with Richie Shott (“Shottgun Express”)…who worked with us for a number of years @ the garage…ol’ “RH” (Richie) was California “spellbound” for sure… 😆 😆 😆 …in his eyes…there just wasn’t another “real” race car…on the planet…unless it was a “Woody” Gilmore creation…that coupled with Cerny (George)…or “Nat” Quick…Youngblood….’et all…started to “influence” the way we “figured” it should be done too…then my dad’s very long-time… good friendship with “Ohio George” Montgomery…pushed us “over the top” with paint-chrome-anodizing…U…get the idea…and truthfully (as I “see” it)…once you have tin work done out on the coast by H&H racecraft (Jim Plume and the late Pat Foster)…get it multi-color anodized by George Industires out there (nothing “back east”… anywhere…near like it)..U…be “hooked”…Hoss 😆 😆 :lol:…I do absolutely agree with period cars “should” be re-done as they were…not as for the most part…they are… 😀 😀 😀 …but once U “experience”/do/build …the proverbial…”ultimate” goo wagon(s) 😆 😆 😆 …ya’ just can’t back-up ‘eh…it’s just…mo’…mo’…mo’…”too much”…is …”just enough” ! 😀 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                                                            Keymaster

California Style…thats what I always went for…studied all the west coast guys.Was trying to imitate airbrush blends before I even Had an airbrush.Funny all the early stuff I did for Drakester was my “foundation course’ and when Shott got his last car …”Nat” copied my look on his previous car.When I finally had it nailed …the track closed. All the painters and letterers went through ‘phases’ ….me included…his Falcon was in the Flower Power era with some influence of West Coast A/FXs ….we all move ahead….Still like the old stuff though.Drakes Dad wouldn’t load the car if wasn’t ready ‘for the public’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.