CARMEL FORD FALCON FOUND

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? CARMEL FORD FALCON FOUND

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Recieved this From Mike….He’s an AMC guy first …but still has Drakes Falcon :

“Dino…
        I thought you might like to see the how the old super stocker is coming along…the A/FX Falcon is next…Paul Quinn out of the philly area did the gold leaf and hand lettering…Mike

Attachments:

bobby-s

cleaned this one up,
            not sure of date

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Just contacted Mike for an update URGING him to bring it to Lebanon in ANY state of construction …waiting reply.
                See link to his site at first post here.

Attachments:

vindicator
                Participant

😀 😀 😀 Mike has done quite a job gathering pieces for the Falcon to date…if time and $$$ allow Mike to finish this long term project…his craftmanship is awesome as evidenced by the AMX…it took awhile…but…whoa’ Wilbur…it is just plain beautiful…front to back…over & under 😀 😀 😀 …Mike knows if he decides “otherwise” on completion of the Falcon…we’ll be there to “gather it up”…and finish…wouldn’t use the automatic transmission though…he has for it!!! first…always thought “real” race cars…had 3 pedals…later “philosophy”…no doors… 😆 😆 😆 Drake

dino
                    Keymaster

Mike just sent a reply:
                        “I have to finish the SS/AMX and then I will get arount to the AFX….the good news is that I have been doing more car stuff this past year and less pinball stuff….I would try and make it up to the event but we are on vacation then….keep in touch….Mike”
                        ….His latest ‘Toy”:
                        http://ssamx.com/1968_scca_bp_AMX.htm

…..So …maybe we can trailer it up somehow ??? that probably won’t happen…. Might have to just live with some nice big photos on display.Hummm….Photo display of ‘absent’ cars …I think I’ll do that.

dino
                        Keymaster

Just In From Michael ! …He’s Working On It ! Sent these Photos And info; “Dino….some pictures of the Falcon….almost ready to start doing the plumbing and install the motor/tranny (when the weather warms up and the some of the snow disappears). Hope to have most of it put together by the summer. Thought that you would enjoy seeing the remnants of the old car (note: 60% of the original paint). ….”what you see are the remnants of the original car…I will be displaying the car at the US30 show in July….I am not sure if it will be a static display or running, we’ll see how much I get done between now and then. August 9th and 10…I’ll have to check with the wife and see what is going on in August…….you are a long way from Maryland…I would imagine over 300 miles…a long way for a car show…Mike”

“ps…do you remember doing the lettering on the old Falcon???? The old red paint buffed out pretty good”

I Told HIM …I’d Talk to his Wife…300 Miles? a mere pittance…Tell Tom Blake That !

http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40&p=344&hilit=Vindicator#p344

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Latest From Michael about Bringing it up to Lebanon:
                                “August 9th and 10 ? …I’ll have to check with the wife and see what is going on in August”….Mike

THEN HE ANSWERED THIS …..My wife looked up, our time share at the ocean where we have our kids down…you guessed it….August 8 through the 15th…. Mike
                                SO I Asked Him “Could Someone Else tow the car up?”

He answered This: “…if someone was willing to take it to the show and was trustworthy, we might be able to work something out….I don’t know of anyone in this area who is driving up that way to the show (not many volunteers to drive up 95)….first I have to get the car back home and start working on getting motor and top loader in the car…

Any Ideas Gang?

dino
                                Keymaster

Close Up of the New Engine…Talking To Mike AGAIN to Try to Bring It to Our race

http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4451&p=38846&hilit=Falcon#p38846

Attachments:

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.