CARPET BAGGER FOUND !

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR CARPET BAGGER FOUND !

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    vicp2d

Dover years 1970 ?

Attachments:

vicp2d

Pictures from Russ Wilber 1973

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

vicp2d Need a Statis Report …are you done for the season? Vic just ran with VBOB at Lebanon and always shows at our Nostalgia drags …this year no exception. Latest shots of the car at Jim Knights Photo Page.

babycakes
                Participant

When I see the ‘Carpetbagger’ 55 Nomad,it reminds me so much of one that was in the Kingston N.Y. area around 69 I think? It was red,with a white roof,that had a scaloped design on the roof.There was a name on the top quarter panel (I can’t remember what?).It had no front bumper,and a red plexiglass scoop (like Twistin’ Texan),and I think it had a 427 in it ,with a tunnel ram.A guy named Gary Vangeisen from Kingston owned it once (he didn’t build it).Anybody else ever remember it,or see it run at Dover also?

wizeguy1320

Here is some shots I took of the Carpetbagger at the Dover Drag Strip Reunion (Lebanon Valley Dragway 8-12-12)

DSC_6760 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

DSC_6503 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

DSC_6501 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

DSC_6500 by Wizeguy1320, on Flickr

dino
                        Keymaster

Here at Dover central…Never know what’s gonna be on the other end when the phone rings. More history on the’ Bagger’ comes in ,as Peter Thomas from Prospect ,Ct. tells me… He Built the car and ran it in ’65. It was blue with a white roof. Sold it to the guys at Zeller tire ,who painted it Red. Said it had the number 119 on the door. Searched for that in the photo archives ,with no luck. He’s getting together His photos, and sending them my way.

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Pete’s one hell of a car guy ❗ He set up rear ends for me and did some tuning
                                on my old 55 Chevy back in the street racing days. 😮 We talk on Facebook from time
                                to time about the old days. He has some awesome stories. 😆 I’m sure he has a better
                                picture ❓ 😆 I hope he does…. 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.