Centalanzo’s

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Centalanzo’s

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine

BILL, (SK2)
        I know were on the Centolanza Thread.
        But, I think Rich (M & M) can verify more accurately on Tony’s Dart.
        If he’s up this early in the morning (“Making Donuts” 😉
        I remember when the Dart first ran in SS/A (late 70′ or early 71″).
        Then in Pro/Stock with the factory Hemi hood.
        But I’m, almost positive on this one, that Tony put on a tunnel-ram with tunnel-ram
        hood (no snorkel-type) when he ran A/MP (which I think he bounced back and forth
        between A/MP and Pro/Stock). Is that correct RICH?
        I still recall burying my head in my hands on the small bleachers at the end of the track
        (opposite the traps), wondering why did he do that. That car was so nice with the
        factory hood. SORRY MR. CHICKERY.
        Paul

storm-king-2

Paul,
            To keep the Centolanza site honest, Louie & Tony helped us out many times. Several times at the last minute we found the need for a part in order to run the next day. If we had to order it we would have missed a race or two. Seems like Centolanza’s always had what we needed. Just a quick run over the mountain to Highland Falls. Now, I was never a street racer, but my Road Runner, & later Super Bird really loved that 9w highway to Highland Falls.
            Outside of the S/S Nationals at York, Pa. I only ran My 70 Duster Pro/Stock at Dover in 1970. Most of the time against Mr Ed or Sandy the Outlaw, & a few others. I never saw Chick run the car as a S/SA, or with the tunnel ram scoop, so I’m pretty sure he must have done that in 71, when I didn’t go to any tracks.
            Louie or Tony, if your out there, well, I’m glad you’re still out there!
            Bill Smrtic

storm-king-2

Paul,
                Thought there was a Tony Chickery site here, but I can’t find it. Check out the Terry O’Shea Collection, Gallery 3. First photo, Me Ed on line against ? Nova, SK waiting in back. 2nd photo, Sandy the Outlaw. 3rd, Sandy & SK, Mr Ed in back (with stock scoop).
                Kathi V Collection, Mr Ed- SK in background, the week Chick loaned me a center section so we could race. He beat me that week.
                Again to keep it honest, there were some great shots of Centolanza’s in those collections
                Bill

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Paul/Bill: I don’t remember the scoop eather but I don’t remember a lot of things (old age)! I’m sure it was a carb to hood issue. We did bounce between Pro and A/MP. I did a little research and a guy in Pok bought the car, by the name of Frank Youcum (sp) don’t ring a bell to me but I had allready left. Then he sold it and it went to Mich. don’t know who yet but I will have to ask Gunn, but he just got out of the Hospt. and didn’t want to bother him but will find out. I liked at best as a SS/AA. Rich
                    PS: Don’t know how to make a site for Chick or is that up to Dino? But you can list on mine (M&M) if you want so we don’t use up Centalanz’o space. Sorry bro’s

dino
                    Keymaster

‘More on Centolanza’s ’67 440 Plymouth. This 8×10 picture hung over the parts dept. at Mountain Garage for years. This car was before the ’67 Hemi GTX. Not sure, but this may have been the one sold to Chickery/Hemp team. If so, it now resides in Hyde Park N.Y. Can anyone confirm? Bob Smith.”

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

” Here’s a shot of the bros. after the SS win at ETown Summernats. This car also won the SS Nats at York and many local wins including Dover. Bob Smith’
                            …………….They steal those pants from the Terenzios? …groovy , right on ,far out . .edit-dino

Attachments:

bossguy

Bob, I’ve lived in Hyde Park for 13 years and I’ve never heard of it around here. Is it being raced or converted back to stock? I’ll ask around. Jack

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Jack: My nephew Steve lives at 17E. Dorsey lane and says the X is across the street he was in the garage and spoke to the guy, I’ll get his name. Rich

68hemiss

Great thread going on here guys! I only check in from time-to-time but thought I would post some pics. here is the Centolanza’s 67 Hemi car before they bought it. It was owned by Joe Arvey in MI.
                                        Mark J

Attachments:

68hemiss

Here is another pic of the 70-1 Cuda convert. This is the same car that later ended up with Steve Bagwell in GA – and now returned to stock. I sometimes wish the cars wern’t worth so much in stock form – sooo much racing history – gone! Would have been neat to see it returned to race status!
                                            Mark J

Attachments:

68hemiss

Here is another pic of the convert – note that the rear is painted white. I am assuming that they modified the rear wheel openings (sure looks like it) and instead of repainting the whole car just painted the rear. Functional and they created a custom paint scheme – I seem to recall that they did this on one of the SS&DI magazines Barracudas also.
                                                Mark J

Attachments:

68hemiss

Here is the 68 Barracuda running as a stick. This car was originally bought new by a guy in ND, then sold to someone in NC-SC, ended up in MD and that is where th Centolanza’s bought it. Currently raced by Jim Keyes in MI – was runner up at the Hemi shootout in Indy a few years back.
                                                    Mark J

Attachments:

68hemiss

Here is another pic of the 68 car after they painted it white. They told me that they got the car with a beautiful black paint job, and what did they do – painted it white! I think they were running an automatic at this time.
                                                        Mark J

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

68hemiss! You in Wisconsin? …Nice detective work ..How’d ya find us ..?

hvy70ss
                                                            Participant

68hemiss…Nice pics, never saw the 67 RO car before they owned it. Lot of history with their cars. You beat me to the punch…I was getting ready to add pics of the ’68 Cuda, both black and in white with the various colors. I grew up hanging out at Mountain Garage with all the Centolanza’s cars. Today they come to our local car cruise’s Thanks for posting.

Bobby Smith

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.