CHUCK Checks in with Great Story !

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls CHUCK Checks in with Great Story !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

by SPACE4RENT on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Hello to all the former Dover Dragstrippers from Chuck Cartalemi. On numerous occasions,uncontrollable urges on early Sunday mornings have lead me to drive to Wingdale and I know I have seen you guys on that same road also, heading north my car would automatically make the left at the diner. Even though I know in my head it’s thirty years later my heart keeps telling me it’s gonna open again! I had unfinished business there that has not been completed yet! A few things since that time have changed. I now have the money for gas, the entrance fee,a tow vehicle that could make it, and I don’t have to be back monday morning to go to work at 5:00 a.m. The car I raced at Dover was a 67 camaro, built in Mount Vernon and we know it was owned by Clarence Davenport. It was also sponsored or owned by Vic Ferris? Driven by Bobby Laguana and at that time it was called Startrek and it was blue. When I bought it from someone around Elmsford off the Saw Mill River Parkway it was multicolored (yellow,red,orange) and the drivers name on the side was DiBenedetto? and the car was called Rampage. I sold it in about 1976 to a police officer named Andy? Who lived just off Rte. 6 in Mahopac? One Sunday morning about 17 years later I pulled into the driveway where I had dropped the car off (yeah like it was really going to still be there). Realizing I had no right to be in this guys driveway and thinking he may still have his gun, I thought better and backed out of driveway and went home. Two weeks later I was driving south on Rte. 9 in Cold Springs and a flatbed passes me and I see it has a fiberglass nose hanging off of it. As it passes me I could see in my rear view mirror the roll cage stuck out of the back window. I knew it had to be my race car! I turned around quickly and followed it and luckily for me the driver pulled over to get coffee. It took around 15 minutes of negotiations and a 30 minute drive and the car was back in my garage where it belonged and happily remains. Nostalgic restoration is under way and it will race again! Who says you can’t recapture your youth!! If anyone has any other infomation on the car, please let me know at space4rent@aol.com SPACE4RENT

patina
        Participant

Welcome Chuck, how lucky can one guy be, to find his old car that way is astounding. What class did it run? whats it like now? Again welcome aboard.

Pat

dino
            Keymaster

OK … guys let see some response (like I gotta ask?) …lots to sink our teeth into here!…I’ll start …the Cop named Andy IS Andy Kinash..still races his Wizard wagon…and his house has seen plenty of Dover Cars ! The Story of getting your Car back is incredible ! .Need to see some photos of the ‘rebuild’…I and the guys will start the photo search ! …ODF gallerys Always deliver …Video Bob …whatcha got.?.(Davenport -Lagana-Ferris Funny Camaro.)..Plain Busted ?…know you might have some too. CHUCK…look out 😎 DoverCSI …on the case !

dino
                Keymaster

ISLAND DRAGWAY MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER ENTRY HERE

austin-shaker

Welcome aboard Chuck
                        is this by chance the ossining briarcade diner chuck Cartalemi ? I remember the car A few names from past Gus Durum
                        Jim ruguso jimmy campaboso ? nice to see your cars back good luck Ron Oakley

bobby-s

Chuck & Dino
                            just left Andy Kinash’s, that was the camaro you are talking about,
                            he mentioned you should have stopped in and BS’d, 😥
                            Dino he mentioned to tell you “DEVELS CARGO” you would remember 😯
                            the car when he repainted it and you did the art work & lettering,
                            he showed me the completed ODF form to be mailed to you 😆 😆
                            gave him some of the extra ODF forms in my package to put
                            on his display counter.

can smell the racing gas 😉
                            racing soon up here 😎
                            some of the NETO guys have their engines or cars on dyno’s 😮
                            shortly 😛

bobby s.

dino
                            Keymaster

‘Devils Cargo’ was one of Willie Hormente’s cars at one time.(He also had “Kandid Kamaro”) Knowing Andy…He got the Form, but will cry about the Money….some guys just don’t change …. Lot of cars went through that drive-way… BUT Chuck got HIS BACK !

dino
                                Keymaster

TA-DA ! you guys Gotta Dig Deeper here….This was buried in the Dover Historical Photos …put there months ago by Bobby S. LOOK! IT (whatever) probably IS Here 🙂

Attachments:

space4rent

DINO
                                        I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD THIS MY CAR FOR SURE,=== I LOOKED AT MY OLD NOTES TODAY FROM DENNIS FROM SPEED PARTS IN ELMSFORD ===HE SAID IT WAS ALSO OWNED BY PETE PERSON I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM==I HAVE ALLREADY TOLD A BUNCH OF MY FRIENDS TO VISIT THE SITE===I HAVE FOUND OTHER PICTURES OF DOLLONGER WITH HIS NEW ALTERED==RALPH’S 57 CORVETTE==JOHN GUNNS 62 VETTE===AND THE ITALIAN BROTHERS FROM CONN.WITH THERE ALTERED==I WILL ALSO SEND RAMPAGE===AS WELL AS THE 70 GOBIE BEIGH SS-454 CHEVELLE I ALSO RACED===WHEN I WAS AT DOVER===THANKS AGAIN CHUCK 😀 😀 😀

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Dino,lets kill another fatted calf another prodigal son has returned home,prepare a fest to celebrate another sons return!!!!
                                            Welcome home Chuck,don’t be shy,bring your friends on board the SS Dover cruz ship for the trip back in time!!
                                            Get those pics posted for all the world to enjoy!

‘V’Bob

dino
                                            Keymaster

That Chuck !…hes peein’ in his pants !” The Italian Brothers” 😀 …Terenzio of course…But Dover Wouldn’t be Dover without ALL the Italians…ever notice how many?. Welcome Chuck…Ya got seven months to get that bad boy runnin. Oct 18 -Island Dragway…Be a part of History as the Dover Guys hit the track Again at THE FIRST DOVER RACE EVENT SINCE 1976 !!

dino
                                                Keymaster

Found this In Bobby Laganas sr. ‘s Personnal Photo album…Could it BE the same car ? I think So ! Also see About Pete Pearson at Laganas Quailifying heading…He’s mentioned by crew member that partnered with the Travel Agent Funny car he drove and who run’s fishing boats now out of New Rochelle. Connecting the dots ! thats what we do best .

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

I am sure everybody knows that the picutre is Lebanon Valley ………………………….so what year could in be ❓ ………

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Yo ! Chuck! ..Find someone with a Camera …everybody wants to see how its comimg…If ya Run, It has to NHRA Legal.

anthony-r-terenzio

Chuck.
                                                                Are you related to Ken Cartalemi the the Trash guy I own City Carting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.