Clean is EVERYTHING !!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Clean is EVERYTHING !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

…..so lets see where do we begin 😀 ❓ ……. not to worry theres plenty going on in the “DOVER” FORD camp 😀 and I guess it just never will END ❗ ……… “TO THE FOURTH ” ” RACE THAT IS ” ❗ 😀 ……….. now some of you will remember THIS IS THE FIRST CAR TO WIN “DOVER 4 SPEED CLASS” ❗ against a “LENCO” correct me if I am wrong 🙄 …………………………………………………………….. but you never know where or what class this WINNER will show up next ❗ ❓ ……………………………… oh yea all rights resevred on these pictures , 😀 there mine ❗ thanks ❗ 😎 ……………………. how BIG will “RUDYS” NEW engine BE ❗ ❓ ❓ ………………………………………………………………………………………… planning is everthing 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
        Participant

…………. oH !! 😯 the engine how BIG is it ❗ ……………………………

Attachments:

mikey

Hey Mater, the answer to your question of”how big will the engine be?”, Is, NOT BIG ENOUGH!! Unless, of course, it’s a CHEVY!!
                ……………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

smokncobrajet

A wise man once said “It’s not the size of the engine that matters,it’s how you use it”.

tomatohead
                    Participant

……. Mikey 😀 , …. we just cant run chevys 🙁 , ….. i just cant reach the distributor 😀 ❗ …………….so we had to clean the block to get the new crank in it to check the clearance of the crank its self 😯 and the rods bolts so not to hit the bottom of the cylinders 😉 , after that we massaged them for clearance and then cleaned up and bagged it for the next get together 😀 ,……………… OH yea Mikey 😀 , this car is coming to a lane next to you ❗ 😆 ….enjoy ❗ …………….. tomato 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                        Participant

……………. massage it 😀 ❗ ……………….

Attachments:

mikey

Since I’m a GM guy, I’m guessing some type of stroker, maybe like a 347? I’m guessing a stroker because of the special work on the rods and/or bolts. Did you already post what it will be? Oh well, looks nice. I like all the shiny parts. Good luck with it. ………………Mikey 😆

P.S. My shortblock is done. Just need to degree the cam. 😀 I, too, have pictures!!

tomatohead
                                Participant

……….. Mikey 😀 , dont forget for one minute that we “Luv U” very much , no we didnt say how big it was 😀 , and the parts are shiney only becuase there “new” not chrome 😀 , remember the cook out for saturday nite at “Lebanon” when you come up Mikey 😀 , we should all be able to really throw the BULL then 😀 ❗ ……………… mater 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

……… all right you guys ❗ 😀 you all know the drill when assy an engine ❗ , prep and checking everything is number # 1 ❗ ❗ ❗ , …. so lay the parts out and start by checking ALL ❗ the piston ring end gaps ❗ ,…………………………………

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…….. block was also treated to a nice coat of FORD BLUE paint before assy 😀 , …………… I wanted to paint it BLACK 😀 ( Henry Fords Favorite Color 😀 ❗ ) ……………..

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

………….. ❗ the hip bone connected to the leg bone 😮 , the leg bone connected to the knee bone 😆 , the knee bone connected to the shin bone 😯 , the shin bone connected to the 😎 …………… 😀 ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

Mater….where’s your surgical mask,gloves,and cap and robe,when performing this “Ford” operation?

gramdog1
                                                    Participant

Mater,you better keep your sweatshirt on,chest hair plays havoc with piston rings. 😆 😆

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…………. I am surprized nobody said anything about the “orange ” engine in the background …………………………………………..

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…….. so back to checking the crank for MORE clearance 😮 ……. and more and more ………… 😀

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.