Clean is EVERYTHING !!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Clean is EVERYTHING !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        tomatohead
        Participant

……. I LUV all U guys 😀 😯 ❗ …..and the only thing I LUV more is a MATCH RACE 😀 I would be HAPPY to run V-BOB 😀 ❗ ……….. heres a picture of us at the second DOVER RACE at ISLAND DRAGWAY 😀 ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

………….. ok ❗ heres a couple of pictures of the motor going in the car and let me tell you , 😮 ❗ that “RUDY” is one HELL of a NICE GUY ❗ 😡 and its a good thing theres not a “DOVER FOOT RACE”” becuase I had trouble keepin up to this guy 😮 ❗ he will drag you way out past where you were ❗ he is a real ” thrasher ” ❗ NO SH*T ❗ this guy can really move 😀 ❗ …………….

Attachments:

smokncobrajet

Joe,Roodles is up and running,not without problems though.The motor is a BEAST 😎 But,that damn auto tranny might just as well be made out of swiss cheese.Leaks and leaks.So,instead of loading and getting to the dyno,then the track,he’s gonna have to find someone with an available lift and replace the gaskets.Got a front and rear stock seal coming,along with a shifter.Found out after the fact that the replacement seals are ever so slightly a different size.If the tranny insists on bleeding like a stuck pig 😡 the T-5 is going back in,the hell with that auto is better snit.Didn’t realize all the mods we had to do to accomodate a switch to auto.Had to rework the front stabilizer by dropping it down for clearance for the oil pan,bend vent tubes on the collectors to clear the tranny lines and forgot what else.OMG,it’s been a friggin nightmare 🙄

smokncobrajet

😀 Update 😀 The leak was one tranny line ❗ Had to buy a new one and bend it 😛 Shifter comes tomorrow 🙂 New seals and new yoke are here.That’s tomorrows project.Joe,you gotta come over and hear this thing run ❗ ❗ ❗ Let’s see what else……gotta change oil,hook up line lock and trans brake,get to Dyno,and get some gas,it’s almost empty,hope the gauge is off a little 😮

mikey

Sounds like the plan has come together!! Patience, patience, patience. I’m trying to learn it too. Good luck. ………..Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                            Participant

……Like I said , 😀 RUDY is a real “Thrasher” he will out work anybody 😮 ❗ ……this car didnt go back together by its self 😀 ❗ ……….RUDY has another close friend lives next door “Thanks RICHIE” 😀 ❗ …………..

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

……..now I stopped by to see how shifter operation was going and “RUDY” was trashin away under the car installing a new shifter and cable and I found out he knows a lot of French words ❗ 😀 😆 😯 …………….

Attachments:

mikey

Looks good from where I’m sitting. Is it going to have an air, or electric shift?? Oh, is the button on the shifter for the Line-Loc, or the trans brake??
                                        ………………….Mikey 😕 😆

tomatohead
                                        Participant

……… OK MIKEY ❗ 😀 ……… the “HURST” was replaced with a “TURBO ACTION” shifter ❗ I THINK ❗ pictures at 11pm ❗ 😀 any way the “Clean Bullet” has been to the track “Lebanon Valley” where the 4 th DOVER RACE will be held and I AM SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY PICS TO SHOW YOU GUYS , ….. “JUNE” ❗ …… but as the race report goes , and we have the time slips TOO 😀 it seems that it went something like this , 11.01 1st run and 10.95 the second and who could ask for more ❓ ❗ and it seens like theres more left there , just need some more rounds 😀 I think that it had run a 10.88 or 10.90 last I heard . I will get hold of the SMOKIN’ crew real soon 😀

Attachments:

smokncobrajet

Yes,got rid of the Hurst.Had the dyno guy try to rework what was already set up.No luck whatsoever.We went with a Cheetah,smart smart move for the C-4.Mikey likes it 😛 What else,oh yeah,gasket on the tranny is still leaking,cork,keep it ❗ So that’ll be replaced with a good gasket.Line lock works great,not gonna hook up the trans brake.Weather both days at the track was cold and there was a headwind 🙁 Wind was so bad on Sunday that we ran 1/8 mile.This was decided after someone had a really bad crash due mostly to the wind.Sorry Joe,no pictures.I wanted to actually watch the car on it’s maiden run,not trying to pick up a speck of white in a lens.Track photog took no pics or video on Sunday.The cold and wind even played hell with his camera and his hands 🙁 Got a few more little odds and ends to do,some soldering on a couple of wires,put the on/off switch in.Don’t want to ruin the rear of the car,so we’ll put on an old gas cap and run the switch through it.Little stuff,but will make things better.Also put in a fuel cell and electric pump.Also got a new heavy yoke to put in.So,lots of little stuff,but should really not take long to do.Picky annoying little stuff 😐

tomatohead
                                                Participant

……… SMOKINCOBRAJET , ran there quickest E.T. this last week end at the Valley and I guess the rings are starting to seat 😆 ❗ and the cooler temps probably helped a little bit to the tune of 10.74 , ………. nice “RUDY” , ….REAL NICE 😀 ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Mater,I meant to ask you Joe if your gonna use that 2-4 setup on your Fairlane,or leave well enough alone that your a ‘happy-camper’ the way it’s running at present? Just curious 🙄

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

……………. CAKES ❗ 😀 the two four barrels are alive and well 😀 ❗ ………………..

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Mater,’temptation’ is gonna get to you!!! The ‘need for speed’,and that 2-4 setup,just the ticket perhaps? 🙄 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.