Cougar, The Top Cat

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Cougar, The Top Cat

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    top-cat

I was just thinking of the old days and stumbled across this site and these old posts My name is Alan McCormack, Billy Lagana and I ran 3 different Mercury’s; a 65 A/FX Comet (The Northern Rebel)that we match raced; our very 1st race was at Dover against The Hemi called The Black Arrow that had just won the Winter Nationals and after several months of match racing from Maryland to New Hampshire then we altered the wheel base and it became a wheel stand car primarily used for exhibitions then in 66 we added the C/Stock Comet which I drove, our 1st race was at the Winter Nationals in 66 which was the only time Billy drove that car. Thru out 66 we trailered the 65 and flat towed the 66 thru out the Mid Atlantic and the Northeast. When 69 arrived we campaigned the 69 Cougar called Top Cat by the time Billy went his own way and the 2 Comets were but to rest. When 71 arrived I just gratuated college I was partners with my Dad in Alan Pontiac Buick Opel Jeep, I got married in February of 71 and my racing career came to an end. The Top Cat ran in 3 different classes F – G & H stock depending which hood when ran. It was a 428 CJ that ran in the low 12’s and high 11’s. In 1987 My wife & relocated to West Chester Pa with our 2 kids. I would love to know where the Cougar is today.
        My email is
        alan4343@gmail.com

vbob
        Participant

HEY
            Thanks for falling into the DDS site!!!
            ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Hey Al …just use Search for your name Lagana- Northern Rebel Etc…tons of stuff Dino

mikey

Hi, Alan. I sent you a PM with some info on the “Cat”. Glad you found the site, lots of memories here, and a lot of us still racing. Don’t be a stranger. ………….Mikey(Mike McDermott) 😆

P.S. The last time I saw you, was at Colandrea Pontiac in Newburgh, I don’t remember the year.

berniegolick

Dear Mikey: I can tell you all about the car. I have photo’s and personally went to Mt Kisco to build the engine. The car ran a best of 12:47 I have the time slip from NY Intl Raceway Center Moriches LI Bernie Golick

berniegolick

See You on Sat 8/20 Bernie

mikey

Just wanted to let you guys know that while in N.Y. for the 3rd DDS Drags, I stopped in Fishkill, N.Y. to visit my old next door neighbor, Rick Sorci. Ricky bought the “Cat” from Alan McCormick in ’71, or 72 i think. Ricky still has the car, and is slowly restoring it. The engine has been freshened as has the “top loader”4spd. Interior is in great shape, but needs a headliner. The last thing on the list is the body, which is rust free, and in good shape other than some small dings and dents. I took a couple of pics, hope you guys like them. ……………..Mikey 😆

Attachments:

davidleonwright

A bit of info on the 67 Top Cat owned by O’Connor. My dad Leon Wright was one of the drivers his name was painted on it along with Darrells’. Dad was also good friends with the O’Connors.I have a pic of Darrells’ Cyclone, “Mr. Rollbar.” Leon died in 1973 at the age of 46. I was a kid of 5-8 in those years but the memories remain , clear as glass.

patina
                                    Participant

Any news on this one?

Pat

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.