DDS Reunion Article in DRAG RACER Magazine

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DDS Reunion Article in DRAG RACER Magazine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    randy-fish

Hey Dover Dudes . . . I just saw the laser copies of the layout as it’ll appear in the magazine and my art director did a great job on it. Of course, Dino was kind enough to send several great historical photos that (in my opinion) really made a difference in the actual graphic presentation. Hopefully, Dino will be able to sell some swag, as I’ve also thrown a Dover T-Shirt in my annual Holiday Gift Guide. I’m glad I was able to snag the Reunion coverage photos from an old friend, as what you’re all doing is definitely deserving of national exposure. Unfortunately, it doesn’t open on a (two-page) spread, due to my ad package. But the way things are going these days, we can’t turn down any ads. In total, it uses two full pages and two half pages, though there are ads in between each page. ‘Ya know what? You’ll dig it. I’ll keep you posted as it goes through the production chain.
        Take care . . . Randy
        Edit-dino…Dude,swag ?I must be getting old HAHA…OH THANKS RANDY 😎

dino
        Keymaster

WATCH FOR THIS ON NEWS STANDS ANY DAY NOW !!!!

randy-fish

You bet they are, Dino. I know some of my advertisers have already gotten theirs, and I heard from a few subscribers, too. I’ll fire off a few copies to “The Center of the Earth for all Things Dino Related” next week, as it’s a little hectic around here today. Sorry to be short, but I’ve gotta blast to San Bernardino (a.k.a. Berdoo) for the NHRA baseball game and then work it for four days at the Finals in Pomona. I hope you guys like the coverage. I thought my photog did a great job for ‘ya. Cheers!

randy-fish

P.S. Jeez, I forgot to tell ‘ya . . .
                    the new issue also features Anthony Terenzio as my “Power Brokers Crew Chief of the Month.”

masracingtd1167
                    Participant

Thanks Randy Can’t wait to see the article on Dover .Also Anthony and Mickey work realy hard at what they do there racing operation is a class act and they are realy good people they deserve all the credit they get

jmb442

… Found the magazine at the Barnes and Nobles in Poughkeepsie.
                            Nice write up about Dover and the Great Lakes Dragway.

Attachments:

randy-fish
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Help ! I’m in hill-billy heaven down here ! can’t find it on the THREE magazine racks available…Walmart, Food Lion & the Drug store.Would have to drive an hour to “real World”. Thats what ya get for moving to low taxes and a 🙄 “quiet” little town ….jeesh

Let’s see if I can keep this “politically correct.” Uh, it’s a challenge getting a bi-monthly “niche” magazine on thousands of newsstands nationwide. There used to be almost 100 wholesale magazine distributors in the country, but that number has shrunken to less than 20, from what I’m told. WalMart has recently downsized its newsstand, so we’ve tried to fight that one, as well. I do know that we have good distribution in a few of the larger book stores, like Barnes & Noble and other chain stores. Anyway, I did throw a few copies in the mail for dear old Dino today.
                                Now, as far as our web site goes, Fuggetaboutit. Right now, the company has no resources to invest in the internet. And by the same token, I wouldn’t recommend uploading content that’s currently on sale anyway. If we give it away, who’s gonna buy the magazine? Fotunately, we’re holding our own, as far as advertising sales and subscription renewals, but that’s always subject to change. I just hope we can make it through the next few months, cuz I can’t wait to get to the office every day.
                                Now, at the risk of seeming to ramble, youz guyz did a great job on the “Back to the Old Track” video. The music, the narration, and the sights made for some great entertainment. Kudos to all involved!
                                Nuff Said!

cyv

Hey Dino, I’m working a 24 hr tour, but when I get home tomorrow there’s a couple of large book stores in my area. If I find it, I’ll grab you one and mail it down to you.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Ok Ok …so I’m impusive ,what can I say…Somebody saw it BEFORE me. CrAZY 😯 …..sorry. Lets all thank Randy for the great job….THANK YOU RANDY !. Hope Smokey & Grover get one…Smokey lives near the big Mall in Danbury…has some bookstores. But Randy …could never figure why some magazines actually have a internet version …that doesn’t make sense, does it.? And thanks for the kind words about the Video…we’re learnin’…real group effort…Wait to you see the “Big Video” …it’s all in my head already ….gonna take some time ,but it will be worth it.

dino
                                        Keymaster

RANDY…JUST GOT MY ISSUES FROM YOU …I’m OVERWELMED !
                                            Thanks for an outstanding Article ! …Everybody featured in this bad-boy: the old & new photo mix is fantastic…FEATURED SHOTS—-> StormKing, Bob.K’s ‘Breakaway’, Paul’s Tribute WILLYS ,’ Little Giant, ‘Shottgun Express,’ A.J.Sequin’s Crosley, Bee-Line Willys, Cy’s Willys Pick-up, Pat Kelly’s ‘Verminator’, and Reunion Crowd Shots. Got a surprise for Randy Coming…watch the Forum Board Index Page…our way of saying Thanks * GUYS GO BUY THIS ISSUE OR REQUEST A ‘Back Issue’ (Get a subscrition while you’re at it) from their website if you can’t find locally….www.dragracermag.com …Ya can’t have mine !

Guys…lets hear YOUR reaction to Randy & Jacks Contribution “supporting the Cause”

randy-fish

Thanks to Dino Over the Dover Loud Speaker!

Jeez, Guy . . . thanks for posting our subscription info. I can’t tell you how much that’s appreciated. It’s a dog eat dog world out here and I’m proud to have this thing “up on the tire.” I’m also proud to hear from people all over the country who appreciate the variety of content I manage to squeeze out for each issue. Also, I hope my Holiday Buyer’s Guide helps sell some Dover swag for ‘ya. Personally, I think you’ve got a really cool logo and everybody’s totally into the retro craze. Maybe that little piece will create some sales that might help offset the web administration expenses some. Thanks again, DinoMan. Rock on!

bucksnort

Got my issue today in the mail.Nice coverage.Drag Racer mag is one of the few mags I subscribe to.Used to be more but had to cut back.Good mag,subscribe and keep Randy and the guys doing stuff like this.
                                                    Bucksnort.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Randy ….Check out “We Get The Neatist Mail”…live in Mo. Went to Vegas Got your MAG……Used to Flip burgers AT THE Track ! Wow Oh!- got My subscription Nailed Today ! Hey Guys , If you’re like me -I hate paying 5.99 at the newstand plus sales tax- Do It ! 1year 17.95 (2.99each!) 2 years even better ….CREDIT CARD ORDERS Call: 866-368-5651

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Anthoney Terenzio Freatured on page 12- left column…”Power Brokers”….What a mug-shot ! …where’d your hair go ?told ya not to wear helmet that tight !

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Anthoney Terenzio Freatured on page 12- left column…”Power Brokers”….What a mug-shot ! …where’d your hair go ?told ya not to wear helmet that tight !

The hair? thats from making to many U turns under the sheets 😀 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.