Dino’s Custom Race Car Paint

Forums Forums FORUM MEMBER’S BUSINESS NEWS Dino’s Custom Race Car Paint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Been in the Sign Business Too long… 😆 ….Here’s what we do TOO…This ’57 was brought to us in base red…all Chrome, lights, bumpers, trim & emblems HAND AirBrushed..you’re not seeing anything REAL …it’s all paint…..that grill area is flat .Entire car reproduction fiberglass.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Here’s one for ‘Smokey”….. All paint…headlight bulb real…Rim painted

Attachments:

don-kauer

Very impressive Dino, great work……….Don…

dino
                Keymaster

All the while This Forum has been up ….I never posted any of my Race Car Custom Paint work..Ran “Dino’s Custom Paintworks’ as a ‘division’ of my sign business for many years.Even to the point of renting a seperate building-hiring two guys to prep and finish ,complete with paint booth and all the bells & whistles.2007-2008 ..the economy took a dump and our custom paint work pretty much dried up…wasn’t even getting a call for a quote.Shut the whole thing down …concentrated on building the sign business back up,that also was effected. But now we’re getting inquiries again.I now go ‘on location’ with all my tricks & tools and work in someone elses shop,once they have the car based color coated.Do all the color work from my prepared rendering ,and let them clear it. If lettering is needed I come back or have them bring the finished car to me for the final striping lettering & details. Thats how I started way back in Ct.befor the move here in N.C. in 1993. So here’s some of our Race Car Creations over the past 10 years….First…Dennis Hills Nova from Fayetteville,N.C. still running the car …interesting guy.Vet and run’s Troopers Military Surplus ,right by Fort Bragg.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Heres One of my favorite shots …Got Dave Malcarek to get up on a pick-up roof and pose 9 Race Tech Dragsters I did at Atco.Right half from N.C. left half …from up north….Jersey & N.Y.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Heres some detail shots from that day …From Front to back…Frank Marks, Jim Malloy,Adam Albanese,Jim Craig, and Race Tach owner Russ Farmers personal rail. Mas? ever run these guys? all from up there.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Heres more…Third Car back is Neil Walsh from NYC….others are all from Da South. Silver Car is what I called 3-D Illusion Graphics…made it look like a ‘star fighter’ with airbrushed scoops and a laser cannon.Had A cool Cowl mural of a Space dog fight .

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Do they Run? Oh Yeah…Heres Jim Craig wrinkling the baloneys with the candy and pearl glowing. Colaborative job,as I did All the paint -Cowl mural and Glenn did the gold leaf on the sides.Show piece!

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Local racer from South Carolina …Bill Upton

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Heres part of an article They Did on me in Auto Art Magazine. The Top left Car rendering went to Michigan.Bottom right car is “Big Daddy’ Bob Harris’s .We did about 10 cars for him and his son Jason.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Some more from old website

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

tried to capture ‘the moment’…..”Gotcha”…look close…other guy got the ‘big red bloodshot eye’. Russ Farmers personal Race Tech rolling ad…said it gave him good luck…A lot DID red light against him..? 😉

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Like painting an aircraft carrier! First Camaro Roadster out of Race Tech.

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

this was probably the high point…First Place against all the wrap guys…thats Ollie with the hat in the crew shot -Our resident geek at the time

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Close up in the sun shows the pearls the best…one of my favorites…N.C. car .

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.