Dino’s DOVER ERA Lettering Archives

Forums Forums FORUM MEMBER’S BUSINESS NEWS Dino’s DOVER ERA Lettering Archives

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

By Popular Demand …Heres Some Stuff that I did in the 60’s-70’s….If it wasn’t for Terry’s Photos…I would have forgotten half of them ….here goes….this is the first Group…We set the Dino Wayback machine to those thrilling days of yesteryear…..

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

We’ll go for Color Now…Heres Start of 2nd Group….More coming

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s some close-up ‘detail’ stuff

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Whew ! …that was a job..scrool UP….More as I trip over them. Shot of Balfe’s ‘Trap Tripper ‘Also shows “Little Green Apples” Nova, I did for Ray Smith. Did a Bunch for Andy Kinash…still looking….Missing a few. Also “T For Two” and “Soul Sauce” .Went From “Dino” the Weirdo Painter ,to Purple Sun Studios, in the seventies. Had a Shop/Office on second floor building in Brewster (Main St.) …thats why the 279-6822 number…feeding Fore ‘N’ Aft…artwork and Tony Neri ,layouts.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Found this in the ‘closet…part of a Dover ‘Program’ around 1973-4…note the cars ‘we did’..funny , still do all that stuff!

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Pretty sure ,this was our last Program/Speed shop Directory for Dover.Then I went into extensive Stock Car work with S.N.Y.R.A (Danbury)and Dirt guys at Orange County.Won a lot of best appearing awards…then finally opened The Artworks in ’79 in Danbury after a stint with tricky Ricky Russell, at Custom Vans -Danbury. Then the dreaded ’80s. Kind of a ‘Blur” if ya know what I mean. Ran Artworks til ’93 ,and headed South. IT ALL started with Drake Viscome’s trust in me, to do his First Drag Car …The ‘Carmel Ford Comet’ . As Drake would say…”That My story ,Ain’t No Mo”…..and I still Drive a Ford…Wife Too !

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

well almost . . . . .This is Cover Shot of My Daily Driver….”Dino’s TRICK TRUCK” ! 220000 miles …won International Sign Business Magazine Contest ‘Best Shop Truck” 1st Place in 2008…real House of Kolor custom Paint …Felt Real Good, to beat all the ‘wrap’ guys …that issue also Won Best Pro-Racing Graphics , with Custom Paint on a Q/R Dragster….beat the ‘wrap’ boys Again.!

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

And all those cars were done by hand before the computer generated graphics, amazing.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Found It …My first Paint Box…housed little 8 oz. One Shot paint Cans and a tray for brushes.Still in High School. Posted this before someplace else….Also before I became ‘The Weirdo’…would hitch hike to Dover with it, to paint in the pits.STILL ….”Have Brush….Will Travel”. Long Topic…lots of photos -start at top.

Attachments:

don-kauer

Great shots Dino and some great memory lane artwork………The Automobile Shop Mopar is the one that Saraceni ended up with…….I/SA then S/PRO…I made a few passes in that one myself……….Excellent………..Don……….

bikeair1

Dean:

I may be fantasizing but I think I remember seeing you carry that paint box around with you on John Jay campus, yes? Love the pics. I can certainly remember seeing these cars at Dover. Didn’t realize you had so much work going.

BTW: I think that perhaps some of the JJHS faculty may have already applied your “Deano the Wierdo” handle prior to your accepting as a marketing ploy.

Scott Peper

dino
                                                Keymaster

Maybe because the old ’55 Ford in ’66 had “Like I’m Rolling Stoned” lettered on it. Supposed to be like the “Dylan “song …”Like A rolling Stone “… changed it a little, so they thought I was a Druggy .This was about the time “Tiny’ Eglit had the ‘Tiki’ ’32 coupe …we’d do burn-outs in the school parking lot.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Quick List of other cars…have to really dig to find photos…maybe somebody in “Dover Land” has some. Hoffman’s “Hang-em-High “, Russo & Bondatti Pro mopar, Tulli Bros.Vette, Ralph Feola’s ’58 Chevy Sedan Delivery, First “Pig-Pen “Funny car, Hoffman’s “China Syndrome” Vega Funny.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Your art work should be in the Smith. in Washing next to BIGS rail!
                                                            Purple Sun ,I love purple, good songs with purple!
                                                            ‘V’
                                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_i5Ca1FYko

don-kauer

Hey Hey, Nothing wrong with druggies………..Too bad most of you guys missed the fist size buds……..Right V ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.