Dino’s DOVER ERA Lettering Archives

Forums Forums FORUM MEMBER’S BUSINESS NEWS Dino’s DOVER ERA Lettering Archives

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        more purple !
        ‘V’
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJCTrolF3CY

dino
        Keymaster

long haired hippie Freaks . . . . .Oh-I should talk …ran The American Paper Mache Power Company Light Show at the Fore’n’Aft. Video Bob has discovered YouTube…we’re all in trouble…How did we get to This? …..I Don’t know ….Must be having a flash-back. yes …Did Lettering Hippie Style for a while ……psychedelic like wow man……………………………….Stare at this for awhile…bring back memories? See the trunk on Neri’s Car…photo not that clear ,but had ‘The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers’ as the “Super Crew” ( R.Crumb cartoonist -famous for Keep on Truckin’ Guy)

Attachments:

mikey

Hey Dino, Bikeair1 mentioned JJHS. Would that be John Jay High School in Wappinger Falls?? 😯 😯 That would really be WEIRD. We might know, or have known some of the same people!! 😮 😮 …………Mikey 😆

dino
                Keymaster

Mikey …JJHS I went to is still in Cross River,N.Y -Katonah-Lewisboro School District.Took in Katonah,Goldens Bridge,Lewisboro,North Salem,South Salem & Vista …Right up to Ct line by Ridgefield. Old 60’s guys may remember the Cozy Cabin on Rt.35 in Cross River where the Greatest Rock band in Westchester,”The Continentals” played in the mid 60’s .

dino
                    Keymaster

I’m finding more …Here’s Al’s Funny car…took this at Englishtown.Sure would like a shot of Antone’s first Pig Pen Funny I did…Lost my original Photo album back in the early 80’s.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Searching for Anything I lost, from back then, in Photos. What I posted is about all I can Find. I did run a old Light blue Dodge Pick-Up lettered on doors with ‘Dino The Weirdo’ But….No photos of it ..Looking for photos of Menglers Mouse T-bird (only one found in Kathy V.collection -not too good) and the Fair Auto Supply Altered I Did. STILL looking for photos of Hofmann’s ’55 Chevy.This might be a long shot…but back in Danbury…pre 1993, I remember “Lending” my photo album to ‘Somebody”…can’t remember who…By any stretch of the imagination…If anyone has it …I sure would like it back.

dino
                            Keymaster

JUST REMEMBERED …For those of you that don’t know me -heres a link that pretty much does the job ,better than anything new I could come up with.

http://www.drag-graphics.com/about.html

dino
                                Keymaster

Will post Super Pumpkin 7 photos as soon as recived…41 years after the Super Pumpkin 1 …belongs here !

mikey

Dino, I just looked at some pics of SP VII that Shimer posted. OUTSTANDING!!!! That is “old school Dino” with assistance from two others. If the lettering for my car is HALF that nice, I will probably have a coronary. Beautiful job by everyone involved.
                                        ………….Mikey 😆

dino
                                        Keymaster

Gearing up the “Nostalgia” real hand lettering on vintage race cars. Have 37 ft deep garage and secure trailer parking. Anyone headed to Florida this winter …drop it off ,and pick it up, on way back. Oh- Have Brush -will travel! .Call for details.

dino
                                            Keymaster

time to Update This With some new found photos…Stand By

don-kauer

Dino…Always loved your old stuff but your new work blows it away 😀 Awesome Dude…. 😎 Don…

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Thanks Don…you – me – most of the guys here …We span a long period of Race Car Trends…the New kids don’t have a clue…I didn’t even own an Air brush ’til the Neri Nova days…learned Gold Leaf after Dover closed. Then on to complete paint jobs. Still keep all the tricks in my ‘toolbox’ and looking to do real Nostalgia Lettering and paint on restored and clones of the “Good Ole Days” …new kids try to do it with vinyl…just don’t hack it.Just a few Brushman left…was glad to steer Pat to Howie up there.Car done right. Schlegel used him too..others still applying the paint with brush….Louie At Economy in Danbury and of course Walter Von Egity did the stuff on The Shimer fleet.

patina
                                                        Participant

Dino , you got that right! Howie lettered my car and it looks exactly like it did when it was first lettered back in 64. I wish I knew who did it then.

Pat

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Dino I often wondered what happened to Al Sanuta (letterer and pin striper back in the day)? Last said on the forum he moved to New England (fact ?).He did nice work,but no ways near your ‘artistic’ talents! I remember back in 1960 when I worked in a gas station-auto repair shop.He lettered the 50 Ford P/U service truck.When it was done it looked like a ‘circus’ add vehicle! Stripes and swirls all over the body! And yes,it drew attention around town! I caught up with him in 72.I had a 67 Mustang fastback.It was lime gold.The insert in the center of the side body panels I painted dark green.I instructed Al to pin stripe (in yellow) between the two colors,and NO ‘WILD’ swirls at the ends! Well, he listened about 75% of what I said.Oh,lesson I learned,stay ‘far’ away when he’s doing his thing! He’ll get that ‘point’ across to ya in a hurry!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.