Don Kauer’s VINTAGE BIKES (pedal type)

Forums Forums FORUM MEMBER’S BUSINESS NEWS Don Kauer’s VINTAGE BIKES (pedal type)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

by donkauer on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Through the years I’ve been an avid biker (pedal type) and about 10 years I started selling some of my finds on Ebay and other places…I buy,trade, collect and sell bicycles :all types, mountain, road, hybrid,cruiser etc etc…The years range from the 50’s to present………….Frames, forks, wheels and tires and just about every part that you can think of…My parts inventory is about $8,000 to $10,000. Also a dozen finished bikes, another 2 dozen unfinished and a dozen or more frames………..Total inventory is about $18k…………I probably have what you need if its a bike you’re after……..Also custom builds and paint and I found this dude at Carolina Signworks to do the graphics and whatever you need letterted…………I can build you a cool pit bike in the same scheme as your car….Discount for DDS members………I can be reached at 860 355 2263 or 203 947 0154…………Don Kauer

dino
        Keymaster

Hey Don…Got any photos …I like the old fat frames !

don-kauer

Dino, I’ll work on some photos. A red fat frame bike frame will be on the way to you as soon as the paint dries…This will be the pit bike for Mystery Mopar Racing……….I’m turning you loose on this one…..Anything goes……..Should be fun…….Don…..

dino
                Keymaster

Now you did it …Anything ?…He-he 😆

masracingtd1167
                    Participant

Don paint one orange and let Casey race it ! Be shure you put training wheels on it !

billy-casey

HA , HA , HA , your a real comedian Billy … actually I was thinking of an old rickshor painted and lettered and i’ll let you run me around … i’ll buy you lunch 😆 😆 😆 … Billy

don-kauer

Hey that sound good…………An Orange bike for the speed man………whudda ya think Billy??????

tomatohead
                                Participant

…… 😆 😆 😆 MAS I am still luaghin’ 😆 😆 that was funny 😆 training wheels 😆 😆 😆

cullyflower

Don Do you have any Monark parts? I need a chaingaurd.

don-kauer

Hey………..Monarch, one of the older cycle works, founded in England….Very hard to find parts for these bikes and if you find a part it’s big bucks……….There is a Monarch bike on Ebay from the early 1900’s and the Buy it now is $4995.00………I don’t know what year your bike is….If you can get a serial # off it and google a Monarch forum you would have a chance of finding some info……If your bike is newer there is a good chance it is not English made it would be a department store model and is just a rider. A company called KHS now makes some Monarch products..(also found on Google)……..In short the year is the determining factor if you can find that chainguard……………Hope I’ve brought some light on this for you…………….Don………

patina
                                            Participant

Don I got a “Columbia” sn F113917 I looked it up and it says 1941 I’m not sure but I kept the bike because of whats on it, someone pinstripped the bike and wrote the name “Gene” on it and it has a little creature standing up on it, maybe a logo or signiture I don’t know. Looks like it was done many years ago. Maybe Dino did his first stripes on Terenzio’s bike.

Pat

don-kauer

Pat, See if you can find Westfield, Ma. on the bike (probably on the head badge)….If it’s made there, before or during the war it is worth some bucks………I’ll check out the serial # and get back to you……..Don……..

patina
                                                    Participant

Don it says

“Westfield Mfg. Co”

Columbia

Westfield Mass.

On the badge on the neck.
                                                        Gene Terenzio did you have a bike and/or how old are you?

Pat

lil-gene

I don’t know which Gene your refering to, I’m 37. I had quite a few bicycles most of them hand me downs and some were hot :P. Take a picture of it maybe it was Sr’s

don-kauer

Hey Gene, Patina mentioned your name in that message…I think he was referring to the name Gene lettered on the bike….Hello anyway…I remember your family from the old days at Dover…..Always a class act and nice cars…You should be proud of them……….Regards to your family……….Don Kauer…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.